Today social media is boosting at a very high speed. One of the reason behind this is “WhatsApp” messenger which is available for every mobile platform including Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Symbian, Nokia S40 Devices and Windows. WhatsApp was initially released in year 2009 and was founded by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, both former employee of Yahoo. On 19th Feb, 2014 Facebook announced it was acquiring WhatsApp for US $19 billion. WhatsApp is most globally popular messaging app having more than 600 million users. So, lets have a look what features of WhatsApp make it so popular.
Some Amazing WhatsApp Features:
1. Instant messaging app
Whatsapp is well known for its speed for sending and receiving messages. It works even at very low network strength. Its pre-processed cache helps to load the messages without any buffering as the data is not stored in any cloud rather its stored in owners device only that makes it fast.
2. Consumes less amount of net data:
The amount of network data consumed by WhatsApp messenger is very low. So, its more efficient and affordable for a common public.
Whatsapp is one of the secured messenger app ever developed. Even though it’s having security bugs initially but later on they were removed and presently WhatsApp is very secure. The reason behind this is that it stores the chat on the users device rather than on the network cloud. Making it secure from the vulnerable authorities.
4. Shows the exact message’s “delivering time” as well as “reading time” in group.
This is one of the new update that WhatsApp added recently with which one can view whether who has received the message and and what time they received it and also it shows the “reading time” of that particular group member under the tag of blue tick mark.
5. New double “Blue tick” mark.
This is the most trending update whatsapp ever got. Blue Tick feature enables a sender to check whether the msg have been read by the user or not.
- If there is only one tick/check mark (✓) it means that from senders side the msg has been sent to not delivered to receiver.
- If there is double tick/check mark (✓✓) then it means that msg has been sent by sender and delivered by the receiver but not have been read.
- If there is Blue colored double tick/check mark (✓✓) then it means that msg has been sent by sender, delivered+read by receiver.
- You can also disable this feature from: Settings >> Accounts >> Profile >> Read Receipts.
Note: If you turn off read receipts, you won’t be able to see read receipts from other people. Read receipts are always sent from group chats.
6. More than one “group admins” in a group
This update has made the group more flexible. Now a admin who has created the group or who is a admin currently can make other group members as admin and the newly assigned admin can further add another admin. So, in a group more than one admin can control the group members.
7. Photo Caption
Using this feature while sending a image a user can add description i.e caption to that image making that image more understandable.
8. New Privacy Settings.
Now a user a can decide who can view its “Last Seen”, “Status” and “Profile Pic” by adjusting settings through: Settings>>Accounts>>Privacy>>Last Seen/Profile Photo/Status.
Note: If you don’t share your Last Seen, you won’t be able to see other people’s last seen.
9. “Show all” Contacts feature.
Sometimes all the contacts from the phone book are not synchronized in the WhatsApp contact list so in order to make all the contacts visible in Whatsapp Contacts one must enable the option from: Setting >> Contacts >> Show all contacts.
10. Change Number feature
Changing your number will migrate you account info, groups and settings.
11. Other new updates that adds more features to whatsapp are:
- One can send at max 10 images at a time and can add separate captions for each before sending.
- WhatsApp has its own inbuilt camera that helps you to directly snap a image through its camera and send it directly.
- Even a user can add caption for video also and select its size/length too. (But only one video can b sent at a time)
- One can do payment for its friend also for making whatsapp a licensed version for a year.
- Group Notification can b muted for 8 hours/1 Week/1 year with a option of “Show or don’t show Notification” for the muted group.
- WhatsApp regularly and automatically backups your chat messages in your device everyday at 4 am by default.
- Have any Problem or Questions ? Then contact WhatsApp support team through: Settings >> Help >> Contact us.
- Now a user can see who is typing currently in a group. (Earlier there was feature for only viewing “typing” msg while chating with a individual only.
- All the above mentioned features makes WhatsApp most trending app used for instant messaging all over the word.
For more updates and happenings in the Android world stay tuned to our page.