Install Android 9 Pie on OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphone. All thanks to JagravNaik, a senior developer from the Cyanogenmod community for compiling this beautiful ROM. In this guide, we’ll go through step by step process on how to update OnePlus 3/3T to official Android 9 Pie based LineageOS 16 custom ROM. In order to flash Android ROM, all you need to do is unlock bootloader, root Android phone and install TWRP recovery. Here we have given easy steps tutorial on unlocking bootloader, getting root access and flashing TWRP custom recovery on One Plus 3 smartphone.
In case if you are looking for OnePlus 3 best custom ROM, your wait is finally over. Today we bring you a LineageOS 16 custom ROM especially for your OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphone. This Android 9 Pie based Lineage OS 16 ROM is completely stable and bug free. But still if you come across any issues, then don’t worry as all those glitches will be cleared up with the next update. If you wish to update your One Plus 3/3T to official Android 9.0 Pie based Lineage OS 16 custom ROM then proceed to our actual guide mentioned below.
Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the the developers will be liable for any damage caused to your device by using this guide. It is recommended to proceed at your own risk.
Install this Lineage OS 16 ROM only on One Plus 3 and One Plus 3T. Flashing this custom firmware on any other device or variant might cause permanent damage.
- Charge your phone at least up to 50%.
- Backup your contacts, messages, apps, call logs, notes etc. before going further. Use any app from Google Play Store for doing so.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your device.
- Also enable OEM unlocking and Advance reboot mode from Developer options.
- Install mobile USB drivers on your PC so as to detect your One Plus 3 when connected through USB cable.
- You must unlock the bootloader of your One Plus 3 before going ahead. Refer our guide on how to easily unlock bootloader of One Plus 3 smartphone.
- Make sure that your One Plus 3 is rooted. Also a custom recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) or TWRP must be installed for flashing the ROM. Refer our complete guide on how to easily root and install TWRP recovery on One Plus 3 smartphone.
- (Optional) Temporarily disable all the security related tools as well as antivirus that is installed on your PC.
After doing everything as given above, let’s go to the installation process of Android 9 Pie on One Plus 3 / 3T.
Steps to Install Android Pie on OnePlus 3/3T:
Step 3: Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC using USB cable.
Step 4: Copy the downloaded LineageOS 16 ROM.zip and Google Apps file on your phone.
Step 5: Power off your OnePlus 3/3T completely.
Step 6: Now boot your device into TWRP custom recovery mode. For doing press and hold Volume down key + Power button simultaneously until you land into TWRP recovery.
Note: As soon as you boot into TWRP, the first thing you need to do is to take Nandroid backup. This is the backup of your entire operating system along with system data, user data, boot image, installed apps with data, contacts and even the accounts created. Refer our guide:
Step 7: From the main menu of TWRP, click on Wipe option.
Step 8: On the next screen swipe right to start the factory reset.
Note: This step will delete the data on your phone memory so make sure you have backed up everything before implementing this step.
Step 9: Go back and again click on Wipe option.
Step 10: On the next page, select the Advanced Wipe option.
Step 11: Tick Dalvik/ART cache, System, Data and cache partitions.
Note: Do not tick the Internal Storage option.
Step 12: Swipe right to start the wiping process.
Lets flash Android 9.0 Pie on One Plus 3 / 3T now.
Step 13: For that, click on Install option.
This will show you all the files present on your OnePlus 3/3T.
Step 14: Just navigate to the Lineage OS 16 ROM which you’ve copied earlier and select it. On the next page, swipe right to start Android 9 Pie ROM installation process.
Step 15: Similarly install the Google Apps zip package file.
Step 16: that’s it. Just restart your One Plus 3 by selecting the Reboot->System option present on the TWRP recovery mode.
Note: The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! This is how you can install latest official Lineage OS 15 custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie on One Plus 3 / One Plus 3T smartphone. Enjoy the all new features of LineageOS with this ROM.
Till then Spread Love and Keep Smiling.
Peace out! ✌