Install MIUI Life Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 with this article.This ROM is actually a translated version of a Chinese customized version. MIUI looks different than any custom ROM out there. It is beautiful, fast, full featured and is updated weekly with bug fixes and stable releases. This way the ROM is evolving itself to be better and more better. Being heavily focused on the UI and graphics, the performance is exceptionally good and smooth. Built upon the Cyanogenmod ROM’s framework, MIUI fuses together elements from the Android OS such as Samsung’s TouchWiz UI and the iPhone’s iOS, bringing us something quite unique. All the features in this ROM are listed below. Have a look at them.
- New optimized theme MIUIV5 style added (MIUI Life v6 FIT)
- Complete new animations.
- mms working.
- Added some translations.
- RTL fix included
- Added more space in system.
- Fixed icons shadow size.
- Wallpaper scroll in default theme.
- Fixed bug with dspmanager (equalizer).
- Random reboots fixed.
- Less lag in Settings.
- New unlock screen resized especially for the screen size of Fit.
- Added new miui clock replacing the original.
- Added MiFile Explorer.
- Fixed bug when playing music with other music players.
- Fixed WIFI and Bluetooth.
- Miui startup sound added.
- New Keyboard resized to ldpi screens.
- Fixed call screen related bugs.
- Bootanimation resized to the screen size of your device.
- Fixed force close with the following apk: mms.apk, phone.apk, MiuiMusic.apk.
- 3d are working correctly.
- Made few changes in framework-res.apk
- Made few changes in framework.jar
- Fixed tts bug.
- At least 40% more fast and stable than the v5.
This MIUI Life ROM is completely stable, lag free and has no bugs or issues. Still you face any, just inform us. You may proceed further for the actual ROM flashing process. Note that this update given below for flashing MIUI Life ROM on Galaxy Fit is considered to be of much risk. If you are an experienced android user and have gone through this before, then you may freely proceed further. But if you are newbie and have no idea about this stuff then I suggest you to stop right at this point. A wrong move may permanently damage your phone. If such thing happens then neither we nor the developers of this ROM will be held responsible for that. Although the chances are least that your device will get damaged still I highly recommend you to follow the given procedure properly and without attempting anything by your own.
Note that this Custom ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Fit bearing the model number GT-S5670. Flashing this Custom ROM on any other device or variant may result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. You can verify your device model number with the number given above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Charge the battery of your Galaxy Fit at least up to 70%. This is essential as lack of battery power may interrupt the flashing process thus leading further problems. You may use apps like Battery Notifier for the same.
- Make a complete backup of all your contacts, messages, memos, apn settings and call logs etc. Either transfer them on SD card/PC for more safety. This is much essential as in the last step of this process you need to clear all the data and cache from your phones internal memory.
- This ROM must NOT be flashed on Android 2.2/2.2.3 Froyo. Flash Android 2.3 Gingerbread first then install this ROM. For flashing Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread refer our article:
- There is a folder present in your system directory called EFS folder which must be backed up. This is very highly recommended as this folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. There is always a risk that sometimes flashing ROM may corrupt the content within this EFS folder. If so happened, your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier.
- For detecting your device when connected to PC through USB cable, it is must to install the mobile specific drivers. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- Ensure that your Galaxy Fit is rooted. Also a Custom recovery like (Clockworkmod) CWM must be installed on your phone. You may refer our article for rooting & installing CWM recovery on Galaxy Fit.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 with MIUI Life Custom ROM:
Step 1: After successfully downloading both the package files on PC, connect your Galaxy Fit to PC using USB cable. Enable USB debugging mode and transfer both of them (without extracting) on your phones external SD card. Remember not to place it in deep directories.
Step 2: Now safely remove the USB cable to disconnect the phone from PC.
Step 3: Switch off the phone completely. You need to enter into recovery mode now. For the same, press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Note: Touch won’t work here in the recovery mode. So all you need to do is use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
Step 4: Make a complete nandroid backup of your entire operating system. This is much useful in case if this installation fails or some if some problem occurs. Then it will be much easy for you since you have a complete backup of your current ROM.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
For taking a proper nandroid backup, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM. Refer the screenshot given below.
Step 5: Now navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it. Similarly navigate to ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode. Both these options will clear the entire data & cache present of your phones internal memory. Ensure that you have backed up everything before performing this step (As mentioned in Pre-requisites).
Let’s move to the actual MIUI Life ROM flashing process now.
Step 6: You’ll find an option named ‘install zip from SD card’ in the main menu of recovery mode. Select it using the Home button (middle button). On the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option which will show you all the files and folders located on your phones external SD card. Just navigate to the MIUI Life ROM package which you’ve just copied earlier & select it. Press ‘Yes’ option on the next page to start the ROM flashing process. Be patient and wait until it completes.
Step 7: In few minutes, the ROM will get successfully flashed. After that you’ll again land into recovery mode. Again navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and ‘wipe cache partition’ option to clear entire data & cache present. This step is useful in overcoming the boot loops issue.
Step 8: Now you need to flash the Google Apps containing Gmail, Play Store, GTalk etc. on your phone. You can flash it in the same manner as you flashed the ROM package file. But remember not to wipe data after flashing these GApps.
Step 9: You may restart your phone now. For that navigate to the ‘reboot system now’ option and select it. You’ll notice that a complete new boot has executed. This first boot will take more time to start than usual. (The ROM becomes more fast & stable after a few reboots).
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom, then you can do that by going back to the recovery mode by pressing & holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next page select ‘Restore’ option. Select the ROM you want to restore.
Gotcha! MIUI Life Custom ROM have been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670. Enjoy and experience a very different look and UI of your Galaxy Fit with this ROM. Don’t forget to tell your views and experiences after using it. Everything given here in this article is simple and straight to the point. Still if you face any kind of difficulty or have any problem while going through the procedure then feel free to ask me through the comments section below. All your suggestions/issues/problems will be pleasingly accepted and an exact solution will be given. Till then Enjoy! 🙂