Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers on Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, XP and Vista OS. Download and setup Android USB drivers, fastboot drivers, Universal ADB Interface drivers and OEM Android Studio SDK for Windows. Fix ADB not recognized, device not found error using this easy steps guide. Minimal ADB and fastboot works on both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows OS.
If you ever come across modifying or customizing anything in Android, then you might have heard about ADB and fastboot. ADB is a tool which helps you in rooting, unrooting, accessing recovery or bootloader mode on your phone. On the other hand, fastboot helps you in modifying your phone’s firmware, unlocking bootloader or flashing custom recovery. You cannot install complete ROMs with it, but it’s helpful for many things that ADB can’t do.
Installing and setting up ADB or Fastboot tools require you to download Android Studio SDK. This is a whole package that you need to set up on your PC. It is extremely large with 1 GB of size. Fortunately, Google made it easy to get ADB and fastboot without all the junk. Just to use the usual platform tools, you don’t need the whole 1 GB of package. This is where this small tool: Minimal ADB and Fastboot comes into picture.
This tool let’s you easily install ADB and Fastboot on your computer. All the credit goes to shimp208, a recognized developer from the XDA community. This tool is updated on a regular basis and is extremely light weight. It allows you to send both Linux shell commands and developer commands on to your Android device.
- Updated ADB and Fastboot to version 220.127.116.11
- Automated build tools initial version uploaded to github
- Uploaded Zip file containing portable version
- Prepared for eventual open sourcing of Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Connect your Android device to computer using standard USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. For that, go to Menu » Settings » System » Advanced » Developer options » USB debugging. If you can’t see Developer option then go to Settings » System » About Phone and tap the Build number 7 times. This will make the Developers option appear in the Settings menu.
- Install necessary mobile drivers on your computer.
Steps to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool v1.0.0.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool v1.1.3.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool v1.2.0.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool v1.3.0.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool v1.3.1.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool v1.4.0.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool v1.4.1.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool v1.4.2.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool v1.4.3. (Latest)
Step 1: Download and Extract Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool zip file on your computer.
Step 2: Right click and Run it as Administrator.
As you launch it, the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup wizard will popup.
Note: It is recommended to close all other applications before continuing.
Step 3: Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Disclaimer mentioning that only you’ll be responsible for any modifications or damage will appear. Read it out and click Next.
Step 5: Browse and select a destination folder for installing the ADB drivers. Then click on Next option.
Note: Only 3.4 MB of free disk space is required.
Step 6: Select a destination folder to place the program shortcuts. Then click on Next option.
Step 7: If you want, you can create a desktop icon to easily access the ADB drivers. Or skip it and click on Next.
Step 8: At the last step, you can click on the Install option to actually start the installation process. Or you can go back to review or change the settings.
As soon as you click on Install, the Minimal ADB and Fastboot installation process will start.
Within few seconds, the Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers will be successfully installed on your computer.
Step 9: Click on finish to launch the Minimal ADB and Fastboot window as given below.
When you click finish, the command window (cmd) will open.
Step 10: Now to verify that Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed or not, type the following command and press enter key:
As soon as you press enter key, you’ll see a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with some random numbers. This will confirm the successful connection of your Android device with computer using ADB drivers.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed ADB and fastboot drivers using Minimal ADB and fastboot tool on your computer. It’ll be installed in C:/Program files/Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
For any problems related to this tutorial, kindly comment below.