Root & install Clockworkmod (CWM) touch recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand duos I9082 with this step by step article. After tremendous success of Samsung’s new phablet series ‘Galaxy Note’, many of its rivals started offering similar kind of devices under 15k or 10k price. But they can never overcome the devastating features that this phone has. Due to its great RAM and hardware compatibility, this phablet can easily receive many further official firmwares from Samsung. But what about the rest Samsung devices? As their tiny features are not even comparable with the famous Note series. This leads to problems like no further official firmwares from Samsung. Other than features, these phablets are available at very high price rate which are of course not affordable for common peoples. To target a special class of Android users who dream to own such a high end smartphone with grand features and with a competitive price, Samsung launched Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 in January 2013. This smartphone was packed with Cortex A9 1.2GHz Dual Core processor, 1 GB RAM and 8 megapixel camera. All these tremendous features in a single device made it gain much popularity in a very short span of time.
To enjoy and experience the newly launched features, the only way is to root and flash third party ROMs. But before that you must that rooting any android device makes it loose its warranty. Also it increases the risk of damaging the phone permanently. With root, you can easily break all the system rules made by the developers on a particular device. By following our article given below we assure you that you will successfully root & install Clockworkmod recovery on Galaxy Grand duos. If by mistake anything weird thing happens, although the chances are least, but still then neither we nor the developers are responsible for that. All you need to do is read, follow and attempt everything given below step by step and carefully. A wrong move can damage your Grand duos completely.
This procedure given below of rooting and installing Clockworkmod recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand duos bearing the model number GT-I9082. Flashing this on any other device or other variant may cause highly damage to your device. So make sure that the device you are using is of the same model number as shown above. You can verify it from Menu->Settings->About Phone.
- Rooting will void your device warranty. But don’t worry it can be easily regained back by un-rooting you device.
- Backup is the most essential & important step before flashing anything on your device. As disaster can knock your door without knowing you, its better to take this major steps right now. So backup all your data including Contacts, SMS/MMS, call logs, notes, APN settings and copy it somewhere for safety. Also in the last step of this procedure we need to wipe all the data present onto your phones memory.
- Make sure that Samsung device drivers are installed on your PC so as to recognize your device when connected to PC. You can install them by installing Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- Make sure that the battery of your device is charged at least upto 70% so as to minimize the risk of switching off during the installation process.
- Make sure that the Mobile specific drivers are installed on your Computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device by following the path Menu->Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging.
Procedure to install Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery on Galaxy Grand duos GT-I9082:
Step 1: Download both the above files in a specific folder on your computer. The Odin that you’ve just downloaded is an essential tool & is must for installing Clockworkmod recovery on any Android device. We remind our users that this tool is an illegal way & is not officially released by Samsung. Even though it will not cause any damage to your device unless you follow the instructions properly.
Step 2: Switch off your Grand duos completely. You need to boot your device now in downloading mode.
Step 3: For Grand duos, downloading mode can be entered by pressing & holding Home button + Volume Down key + Power button simultaneously until you land in download mode.
Step 4: You will see a screen having Yellow triangle in it. Press Volume Up key to continue.
Step 5: Now you need to flash the CWM recovery on your device. Keeping your phone in download mode, connect it to computer via USB cable.
Step 6: Launch the Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 that you’ve downloaded earlier. If your device is connected properly, then you’ll see ‘Added’ message on the Odin window. If not, then ensure that proper device drivers are installed on your computer. You can install them from the Samsung Kies CD which you’ve got at the time of purchase. Along with that you’ll also see that one of the ID:COM section on the Odin window is turned Blue.
Step 7: On the Odin window, click on the PDA tab and browse to the ‘CWM-touch-i9082.tar.md5’ recovery file which you have downloaded before & select it.
Step 8: Make sure that the Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time options present on the Odin window are checked. Do not tick or un-tick anything else.
Step 9: After completing everything as mentioned above, simply press the Start button located on the Odin window to execute the CWM flashing process. Your phone will automatically reboot itself while going through the process. It is recommended not to touch or remove the USB cable until the process completes.
Step 10: Be patient until the CWM flashing process completes. It will hardly take 5-10 minutes to complete. As soon as it completes, you’ll see the ID:COM section on the Odin window is turned green with the message ‘Pass’ below it. Now you can safely remove the USB cable.
Note: Unfortunately due to some reason phone if the process fails or if Odin gets stuck or in case your device gets boot loops, then don’t panic. Just close the Odin window, remove and re-insert the battery from your device. Again go into downloading mode and repeat the whole procedure as given above.
Step 11: As all the flashing processes are completed now, let’s see whether the CWM recovery is properly installed or not. For that, firstly switch off your Grand duos.
Step 12: Now boot into recovery mode. For Grand duos, recovery mode can be entered by pressing & holding Volume Up key + Home button (Middle button) + Power button simultaneously until you land into recovery mode. You’ll notice that Clockworkmod Custom recovery is properly installed on your device.
Step 13: Now select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘Wipe Cache partition’ option for wiping out the data & caches present onto your phone memory. You can now reboot your phone by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode itself.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed Clockworkmod Custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Grand duos I9082. Now you can install Custom ROMs, take nandroid backup, wipe data/cache and much more.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand duos I9082:
- After downloading the SuperSU package given above, copy the same (without extracting) on your mobiles SD card via USB cable. Remember not to place it in deep directories.
- Then switch off your Grand duos completely. You need to enter into CWM recovery mode now. Recovery mode can be entered by pressing & holding Volume Up key + Home button (Middle button) + Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. You may refer the screenshot given above.
- Now navigate to the option named Install Zip from SD card and on the next screen select choose from SD card option. This will show you all the data present on your SD card. Next navigate to the SuperSU Package (zip) that you have just copied and select it. On the next screen click Yes to start the Rooting process. This will take a minute to complete.
- After successfully flashing the SuperSU package you’ll again land in the recovery mode. You can restart your device now by selecting the Reboot system now option.
- Your Galaxy Grand duos i9082 has been rooted now. You can verify the same by going to your Apps list & check whether an app named SuperSU is installed on your device or not. This SuperSU app helps to supervise each application requiring a root access.
Voila! You have successfully rooted & installed CWM (touch) recovery on your on Samsung Galaxy Grand duos I9082. You can now change & view the system settings, do nandroid backup, flash custom ROMs, wipe data/cache and do much more. For understanding easily, this article is made as simple as possible. Even though you have any doubts, queries or suggestions regarding this article then do tell us through the comment section below. We’ll try to sort out them as early as possible. Till then enjoy!