After a long time developers finally came up with a Android KitKat based Custom Rom for SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE PLUS (GT S7500), launched in Jan 2012, an upgraded version of Samsung Galaxy Ace featuring TFT Capacitive touchscreen , 320×480 pixels, 3.65 inches Screen Size, 3 GB internal memory, 512 MB RAM, 5 MP LED Camera, 1300 mAh Li-Ion Battery and 1 GHz Cortex-A5 CPU. It has Android OS v2.3 (Gingerbread) as an inbuilt version.
The given guide is for ROOTING and Updating your Galaxy Ace Plus (GT S7500) to the latest Android OS v4.4.2 with the custom ROM named “SpeedMod” which is totally based on KitKat which was announced by Google on September 3,2013.
Custom Firmware Info:
Model No.: GT-S7500
Model name: Galaxy Ace Plus
Version: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Baseband Version: S7500DDLD1
Custom Rom Name: SpeedMod_KK_Trebon
Build Number: Build 2.5
- Flash Doesn’t work while taking pictures.
- Video Recording not supported.
- Inbulit app’s Camera Quality is Poor but can be enhanced using third party apps such as google camera.
- Fatt processing due to Ram Tweaks.
- R/W SDCard Tweaks.
- Battery Tweaks.
- 2G and 3G Tweaks.
- Advanced Bravia Engine 3.
- Camera Tweaks.
- Rooting your phone will void your phone’s warranty.
- Any damage to your phone while rooting is your responsibility.
- Although if all the steps mentioned below are followed properly then there are no such chances of getting your device damaged or bricked or crashed.
Pre-Requisites (before rooting) :
- Phone’s battery should be atleast 60-70% charged.
- Backup all your “Contacts, Call logs, Text Messages, Applications, Memos etc” into your external SD card as well as in your PC for a safe side.
- Make sure to enable the USB Debugging mode in your phone. If not, then do so by:
- Disable all your antivirus Programs from your PC as these software may be a cause of interruption due to security purposes.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT S7500) to Android OS v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- SpeedMod Custom Firmaware/ROM for Galaxy Ace Plus. (Android OS v4.4.2 KitKat Based)
Step 1: Download and copy both the files into your Internal as well as External SD Card.
Step 2: Switch off your Ace Plus completely until it vibrates. Now boot into Recovery (CWM) Mode by pressing “Volume UP + Volume DOWN + HOME + POWER KEY” while restarting your Mobile.
Click here to know: How to root & install CWM recovery mode.
Step 3: Select following options from the CWM based recovery mode:
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Remove dalvik cache (sub-option of “advanced”)
Step 4: Select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 5: Browse to the location (through Volume UP & Down button) where you have downloaded or kept the files mentioned in step (1) and select OK by pressing HOME button.
Step 6: Let the process complete and after “Successfully Installing/flashing” rom goto step (8).
Step 7: Again Select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 8: Browse to the location (through Volume UP & Down button) where you have downloaded or kept the files mentioned in step (2) and select OK by pressing HOME button.
Step 9: Let the process complete.
Step 10: Select “reboot system now”.
Note: After flashing/installing new custom firmware/ROM/software mobile takes few minutes to restart and to initialize the process first time. So DON’T PANIC.
Congrats…!!!! Your phone is running on the latest Android OS v4.4.2 KitKat….!!! 🙂 You can verify the same from Menu->Settings->About Phone.
For any queries or feedback please feel free to comment here and for more latest updates, news and happenings please like our fb page.