Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I with Stable TouchWiz Resurrection Custom ROM with this article. There are not at all chances of Samsung to release further official updates for this mid-range phone. But still there is a way you can experience the Jelly beans style and effect on your device. Flashing this stable TouchWiz Resurrection Custom ROM on your Galaxy Ace S5830I is the only solution for it. This ROM is a lot worthy for experiencing the latest features and user interface. All the thanks goes to iamareebjamal, b16h22, Spacecaker, raulfebryadi, zdune25x, sicopat, jeeko, android fany, lalit patil, amogh420, shady, hitesh, nathan, jaier leon and mohd azman. Its because of the efforts of these developers that we are going to experience such bug free and stable Custom ROM. Note that this ROM is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean and has a complete stock look and user interface. Actually there are various ROMs available for Galaxy Ace S5830I to taste the latest Jelly Bean 4.2.2 features but only a few are trust worthy. The TouchWiz Resurrection is one of those and is the most preferred ROM from among the available Custom ROMs. It is quite smooth in performance wise as well. The reason for that is this device owns such good features in it which are enough to run any ROM smoothly. All its newly added features and changelogs are listed below. Go check them out.
- TouchWiz UX theme added.
- Latest Phone dialer.
- Unique Bootanimation.
- Android 4.2.2 Statusbar
- Added beautiful Messaging App, Variety of Lockscreen
- Music Player
- Weather and clock widget
- Task Manager added
- Added Calculator, Memo app, Video app.
- USB connection mode
- ICS recent app panel
- Clock aligned to center on lockscreen
- New CPU edited settings, states, battery bar, call recorder, spare parts.
- Customized voice recorder app
- Quick settings
- Amazing Framework
- Pure audio engine
- Toggle options
- latest playstore added
- Graphics hd
- ICS pattern lock style
- Jellybean transition animations
- Weather on lockscreen
- Tabbed S4 Settings
- New MMS
- New Voice Record
- New Music app
- Jellybean recent panel with 3 shortcuts like Touchwiz
- New google search widget and app
- New FM radio
- New calculator
- New Help Centre
- New DialerTabActivity
- New Contacts
- New Clock app
- Setted custom jellybean title bars on all the mentioned apps
- Lockscreen improvements
- Transparent gradient statusbar
- Edited the scripts for better performance
- Statusbar with animation between toggles
- New Calendar
- New video app
- New my files app
- New DSP manager
- New memo app
- New browser
- New lockscreen
- Changeable lockscreen text
- Extended Power Menu
- New statusbar
- Rearrangeable lidroid extended toggles
- New Phone
- New voice search app
Finally, if you are ready to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based TouchWiz Resurrection ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I, then head on to the actual step by step procedure given below. This TouchWiz Resurrection ROM is completely stable and has no issues. Still you face any, just inform us. Also note that this update given below for flashing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Ace S5830I via TouchWiz Resurrection ROM is considered to be of much risky & must be performed with an attentive mind. A wrong move and your device will get permanently damaged. It is recommended that only advanced android users who have gone through such thing before to freely proceed further. If in case your Galaxy Ace gets damaged or bricked by following this guide then neither we nor the developers of this ROM will be held responsible for that. Although the chances that this will happen are least still I highly recommend you to follow all the given procedure step by step properly and without attempting anything by your own.
Note that this update is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Ace bearing the model number GT-S5830I. Installing this update on any other device or variant may result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. Don’t even think of trying this on S5830 as it may permanently damage the device. So its better to verify your device model number first with the number given above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Lack of battery life may increas the risk of interruption during the flashing process thus leading into further problems. Thus I highly recommend to charge the battery of your Galaxy Ace S5830I at least up to 70%.
- Before flashing any custom ROM backup your entire data including your contacts, messages, apn settings and call logs etc. on PC for safety. This is much essential before proceeding further. Also one thing you must note that in the last step of this procedure there is a need to wipe your phones entire data and cache.
- EFS folder, a very sensitive folder present in your system directory must be backed up. This folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. There is always a risk that sometimes flashing ROM may corrupt the content within this EFS folder. If so happened, your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Make sure that your Galaxy Ace S5830I is rooted. Also a Custom recovery like CWM (Clockworkmod) or TWRP must be installed on your phone before proceeding further. Follow our article for the same.
- Ensure that mobile specific drivers are installed on your Computer for detecting your phone when connected through USB cable. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I to TouchWiz Resurrection ROM :
- Download Google Apps (Google Play Store, Gmail, GTalk etc.)
Step 1: After downloading the ROM package & GApps package, connect your Galaxy Ace S5830I to PC. Enable USB debugging mode and transfer both these files on your phones external SD card.
Step 2: Disconnect the phone & switch it off.
Step 3: Enter into recovery mode now. For that press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until recovery mode appears.
Step 4: Make a complete nandroid backup as soon as you enter into recovery. This is nothing but the backup of your entire operating system & is always helpful during the failure of flashing process or during any problem with the ROM, then you can easily restore your saved previous ROM.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
For doing same, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM. Refer the screenshot given below.
Step 5: Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and then ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode itself to clear all the data & caches from your phones memory respectively. Do not forget to backup everything before attempting this step (as mentioned in prerequisites).
Let’s move to the actual TouchWiz Resurrection ROM installation process on your Galaxy Ace S5830I.
Step 6: Navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option located on the recovery mode & select it. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This option will show your files and folders present on external SD card. Select the TouchWiz Resurrection ROM which you’ve copied earlier. On the next page select ‘Yes’ option to confirm the installation. This will start the actual ROM flashing process. Be patient till the process completes successfully.
Step 7: After successful flashing process, you’ll again land into recovery mode. Then select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all data & cache. Note that this step will solve the boot loop issue.
Step 8: Now use the same method for flashing Google Apps. But remember not to attempt the last step of wiping data after installing them.
Step 9: Restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom, then you can do that by going back to the recovery mode by pressing & holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next page select ‘Restore’ option. Select the ROM you want to restore.
If you want to flash the latest updated Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware on your Galaxy Ace S5830I then you may refer our article for the same:
If you want to flash the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on your Galaxy Ace S5830I then refer our article given below:
Wow! The most stable TouchWiz Resurrection Custom ROM has been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I. Enjoy all the latest, stable, bug free features with this ROM. Also don’t forget to tell us your views & experience after using it. I have made this article very simple & to the point still if you come across any difficulty or have problem regarding the content, then comment me immediately. I’ll be happy to provide an exact solution for your each problem. Till then Enjoy! 🙂