Update Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 with Android Open Source Project ROM with this article. Day by day Galaxy Fit is getting new custom ROMs. This is definitely good news for the Fit users. Even though this smartphone is now completely aged, it still has many fan followings. In this article we’ll be discussing a detailed step by step procedure on how to install AOSP ROM on S5670. This ROM is completely stable, has a tremendous blazing speed, a beautiful user interface and many customization features. It has one of the best looking themes and design of the UI. Its further eye catchy features include navigational elements, beautiful stock apps and smart dialing. The Music app offered by this ROM is particularly awesome and uses less memory than the stock music player. With its speed it can make your slow and laggy device a much more usable. Based on Android 4.0.4 Ice-cream sandwich it has all the stuff from Android Open Source Project. It has no relation with the AOKP or CM ROMs. All thanks goes to firstly Google for providing Open Source platform, Paul, Wilfredcool007, Moltenmotherboard team and Androidarmv6. Go through the working list for this AOSP ROM.
- Booting Touch Screen
- Baseband (GSM/phone/messages/GPRS/EDGE/3G)
- SD Card
- Stock Gallery
- Video Playback
- ICS keyboard
- Data limit, IPv4, IPv6
- Network search
- Youtube LQ/MQ
- Google play
- Live wallpapers
- Color Banding free
- Video Camera
- USB tethering
- USB Mount Storage (USM)
In short everything works here. So a stable, fasy and much customizable ROM is waiting for you. Grab it now! This AOSP ROM is completely stable and has no issues. Still you face any, just inform us. Also note that this update given below for flashing AOSP ROM on Galaxy Fit is considered to be of much risk & must be performed with an attentive mind. A wrong move and your device will get permanently damaged. It is recommended that only advanced android users who have gone through such thing before to freely proceed further. If in case your Galaxy Fit gets damaged or bricked by following this guide then neither we nor the developers will be held responsible for that. Although the chances that this will happen are least still I highly recommend you to follow all the given procedure step by step properly and without attempting anything by your own.
Note that this update is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Fit bearing the model number GT-S5670. Installing this update on any other device or variant may result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. You can verify your device model number with the number given above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Lack of battery power may interrupt the flashing process thus leading further problems. Thus I highly recommend to charge the battery of your mobile at least up to 70%.
- Backup all your important data including contacts, messages, memos and call logs etc. before proceeding further. You can transfer them on SD card or PC for more safety. All this is essential as in the last step of this flashing process you need to clear all the data and cache from your phone internal memory.
- This update must NOT be flashed on Android 2.2.3 Froyo. Flash Android 2.3 Gingerbread first then install this ROM. For flashing Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread refer our article:
- There is a folder present in your system directory called EFS folder which must be backed up. This is very highly recommended as this folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. There is always a risk that sometimes flashing ROM may corrupt the content within this EFS folder. If so happened, your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier.
- Make sure that your Galaxy Fit is rooted. Also a Custom recovery like CWM must be installed on your phone. You may refer our article for rooting & installing CWM recovery on Galaxy Fit.
- Make sure you have installed mobile specific drivers on your PC. This is recommended so as to recognize your Galaxy Fit when connected via USB cable. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 to AOSP ROM:
Step 1: After completely downloading the ROM package file on computer, connect your Galaxy Fit to PC using USB cable. Enable USB debugging mode and transfer the package file (without extracting) on your phones external SD card. Remember not to place it in deep directories.
Step 2: Safely disconnect the phone from PC now.
Step 3: Switch it off completely and enter into recovery mode. For the same, press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Note: Touch won’t work here in the recovery. So all you need to do is use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
Step 4: Make a complete nandroid backup of your entire operating system. This is much useful in case if this installation fails or some if some problem occurs. Then it will be much easy for you since you have a complete backup of your current ROM.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
For taking a proper nandroid backup, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM. Refer the screenshot given below.
Let’s move to the actual AOSP ROM flashing process now.
Step 5: In the main menu of recovery mode, you’ll find an option named ‘install zip from SD card’. Select it using the Home button. On the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option which will highlight all the files and folders located on your phones external SD card. Just navigate to the AOSP ROM package which you’ve just copied earlier & select it. Press ‘Yes’ option on the next page to confirm the installation. You’ll see that the ROM flashing has started. Be patient until it completes.
Step 6: After few minutes, the AOSP ROM will get successfully flashed. You’ll again land into recovery. Then navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it. Similarly do it for ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode. Both these options will clear the entire data & cache present of your phones internal memory. Ensure that you have backed up everything before performing this step (As mentioned in Pre-requisites).
Step 7: Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
Step 8: You may restart your phone now. Just navigate to the ‘reboot system now’ option and select it. You’ll notice that a complete new boot has executed. This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom, then you can do that by going back to the recovery mode by pressing & holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next page select ‘Restore’ option. Select the ROM you want to restore.
Hurray! You have successfully flashed the AOSP ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670. Enjoy and experience the fabulous performance of your Smartphone with the unique and bug free features of this ROM. Just don’t forget to tell your views after using them. All the points given in the article are straight to the point and hence can be understood easily. Still if you face any kind of difficulty while going through this procedure then do let us know in the comments section below. All your suggestions or issues will be pleasingly accepted and an exact solution will be given. Enjoy! 🙂