The Samsung Galaxy Grand smartphone is one of the more attractive offerings from the company in recent times. And why not? The smartphone is big & large seen as a low-cost alternative to the pricey Galaxy S3 & Note 2. It features pretty much everything that consumers expect out of a high-end phone – a large display, dual-core processor and an 8 megapixel camera.
The phone is available in two variants namely I9082 and I9082L. It comes with Android 4.1.1 JB. But now there is a joy of ride for Android lovers. As you all have been waiting for latest update to Android 4.1.2, the wait is all over now. Android 4.1.2 XXAMCD firmware is no more shorter than your reach. here how it goes.
Disclaimer: Now whatever is being taught to you is for Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 only, and not for its variant (I9082L). So, please follow the steps as it is, given below. Don’t try to get divert from steps, otherwise it would result into misbehaving of your phone and can damage it. We can’t do magic in those cases! Whatever is being given below, attempt it on your own risk.
- Get your phone charged upto 80% battery level.
- You should keep backup of all your data from internal storage memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will get erased after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage like SD card).
- Now connect your phone to computer via USB in such way that it should get recognized on your computer. For that you need to install Samsung driver or KIES software on your PC.
- You can download Kies manually, for that click here. OR Download appropriate (according to Windows, you’re running) device drivers directly from below mentioned links:
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.1.2 XXAMCD Jelly Bean Firmware:
Steps are summarized below :
Download Odin multi downloader > Get firmware > Flashing > Rebooting
- You can download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 (Firmware flashing Program) & Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Get the firmware package Extracted (.zip file) to any convenient location on your PC. You’ll find a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Shut down your phone. For further proceedings boot into download mode. For that, press & hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the warning message appeared on your phone screen. Press Volume up to continue. At the end of that, you could see an image of the Android robot & a yellow triangle, this is an indication that your device is entered into download mode.
- Open the Odin multi downloader tool on your computer, downloaded from the link given above.
- Now connect your phone to PC.
- If your phone is connected successfully then you now see the ID:COM section located at the top of the Odin window is turned blue & having random numbers posted below it
Note: If you are thinking its not working as desired, don’t get panic. Just install Samsung driver OR Kies from the link mentioned in Pre-requisites.
- Select PDA tab in Odin window and go for “I9082XXAMCD_I9082ODDMB2__I9082XXAMD1_HOME.tar.md5″ file.
- One thing you must keep in your mind that you should keep all options untouched. And remember, you can’t afford to click on re-partition box.
- Here comes the final procedure, not very much difficult to do but might take enough long time. So keep patience & start flashing process to get into new world of experience of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware by simply pressing on Start button. Tight your nerves until Odin finishes its task. As soon as Odin finishes its flashing task, it will show you the ‘Pass’ message above ID:COM with green colored background. This enables your device to restart automatically.
- After getting pass message, you can safely remove your device from Computer.
- As mentioned in earlier, now you have to factory reset the phone to get rid of boot loops & misbehaving of your phone.
- For that, boot into recovery. But if you don’t want to go in such complexity, we’ve kept an option in front of you to get into recovery mode. Just follow the easy procedure given below.
- Shut down the phone by removing battery or else by pressing power key.
- Press & hold Volume up + Home button together & then press Power key. You can gently release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Being in recovery mode, phone’s touch won’t be alive, so the remedy is to use Volume up/down for navigation purpose & Power key for selection respectively.
- Now you have to go for “Wipe data/factory reset” option by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. “Wipe cache partition” option can also be done by referring the same.
- To restart the phone, press power key at “reboot system now” option.
- You will experience that the phone is slow while booting, rather its taking long time to boot. But don’t get panic! it’s normal & will happen for the first time only.
That’s it ! Now Android 4.1.2 XXAMCD firmware will transport you to new world of experience of Android. Give us feedback how does it feel to operate the newly installed firmware. If you feel any doubts or query regarding installation, drop a comment below, we’ll try to satisfy those as early as possible.