Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Pocket Duos S5302. Samsung Galaxy Pocket Duos (also known as Galaxy Y Duos Lite) is a low end smartphone with simple looks and decent features. Some of its specs include 2.8 inches of TFT screen with 240 x 320 pixels of resolution, 3 GB of internal storage (expandable up to 32 GB), 2 megapixel of camera and is powered by 832 MHz ARM 11 processor. Samsung has not compromised with its processor and is equivalent to Samsung Galaxy Y series which ensures a smoother and snappier android in your hand. Galaxy Pocket Duos / Y Duos Lite lets you get a branded Android feel and experience at an affordable price.
Today in our step by step guide, we’ll discuss a complete procedure on how to install the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Pocket Duos / Y Duos Lite S5302. All thanks to Sachin Kumar53, a senior member from XDA community for developing this amazing Droid Max custom ROM. Let’s have a look at the newly added Marshmallow features in this ROM:
- Every App themed to Material Design
- Tinted UI Status bar in Every App
- Auto Hide Music Control With Full screen Album-Art on Lockscreen
- New Android M Style Vertical Launcher
- Dialogs to look like original Android M
- Android M Style Swipe Up Lockscreen
- Android M Style Circle Owner Photo in Status bar
- Added Floating Add Button in Most Apps
- Search shortcut in Title Bar of Apps
- Redesigned Whole new Framework
- Android M Style Carrier Label and Battery Bar with % text on Lockscreen
- 3-way boot option in power dialog
- Android M Style Sound Mode Chooser in Power Dialog
- Added Material Switches
- New Status bar with Android M Style Arranged Toggles
- Swipe to remove notifications
- Android L Style Text Messages Notification On Lockscreen
- Extended Power menu with Screenshot option
- Added Data Speed Text in status bar
- Dialer & Camera Shortcut on Lockscreen
- Material style White popups
- Buttons Aligned to Right
- Changeable Device Owner Name on Lockscreen
- Android L Style Missed Call Notification On Lockscreen
Note that this is not an official firmware from Samsung but a third party unofficial custom ROM. It is completely stable so you’ll not experience any bugs or issues while using it. Interested users may proceed to our actual tutorial on how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Pocket Duos / Y Duos Lite GT-S5302 given below. 👍
Flash this Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM at your own risk. It is highly recommended to perform each and every step correctly without implementing anything by your own. Neither we at DroidThunder.com nor the developers of this ROM will be held liable for any damage caused to your Galaxy Pocket Duos / Y Duos Lite by following this guide.
This Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM is only compatible with Samsung Galaxy Pocket Duos / Galaxy Y Duos Lite with the model number GT-S5302. Installing this ROM on any other device or variant may result into unwanted outcomes. So confirm your device’s model number from Menu->Settings–>About Phone before moving further.
- Charge your Galaxy Pocket Duos at least up to 60%.
- Backup your phones data and settings including contacts, installed apps, messages, call logs, notes etc. before moving ahead. This is must as everything gets deleted in the last step of this flashing process.
- Backup EFS folder which is present in your system directory. This sensitive folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. If by mistake the data in it gets wiped, then this will make your phone completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- Make sure your Galaxy Pocket Duos is Rooted.
- Also a custom recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) must be installed before installing this ROM. Refer:
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your phone. If not, then do so by following the path Menu->Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. If you can’t see Developer option then go to Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build number. This will make the Developers option appear in the Settings menu.
Let’s proceed to our actual tutorial on how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Pocket Duos smartphone.
Procedure to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Pocket Duos:
Step 1: Download the package file (.zip) in a specific folder on your PC. Do not extract the zip file.
Step 2: Now using micro USB cable connect your phone to PC and transfer the zip file on your phones internal memory. Then safely disconnect your phone from PC.
Note: If you don’t have a PC, you can directly download the zip file on your phone.
Step 3: Now Power off your Galaxy Pocket Duos completely until it vibrates. You need to boot your phone into custom recovery mode now. For doing so, press & hold Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power button simultaneously till your phone enters custom recovery mode.
Note: Touch won’t work in CWM recovery mode (Unless you’ve installed touch recovery). So use Volume keys for navigating up and down and use Home button for selection.
As you enter the CWM recovery, it is highly recommended to firstly take a complete backup of your current ROM that you are using. This backup is called as Nandroid backup and is the backup of your phones entire operating system & is always helpful during the failure while flashing process or during any problem with the ROM. This way you can easily restore your previously saved ROM.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
Step 4: For taking a complete nandroid backup, use Volume keys and navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option using Home button. This will make a complete nandroid backup. Refer screenshots.
Step 5: Now you need to wipe the data and cache partitions from your phones internal memory. For doing the same, navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option using volume keys. Select it using Home button. On the next screen press Yes option to start the wiping process. Similarly navigate to the ‘wipe cache partition’ option and clear the caches present.
Note: This step will clear entire data from your phones internal memory so a complete backup of everything must be done before implementing this step.
Step 6: Return to the main menu and select the Advanced option. On the next screen select Reboot Recovery option.
Wait until your device boots again into CWM recovery.
Step 7: Then navigate to the Advanced option. On the next screen select Wipe Dalvik cache and Wipe Battery stats options.
Step 8: Return back and navigate to the mounts and storage option. On the next page select mount data, mount system and everything.
Note: Make sure system is mounted (will show unmounted) mount it 2 times or more. Otherwise zip wont flash, Every time you flash a zip file, you need to do this.
Step 9: Now to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Pocket Duos, navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option. Select it using Home button. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This will show you all the files present on your phone. So just navigate to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM zip file which you’ve copied earlier and select it using Home button. On the next screen select ‘Yes’ option to initiate the process.
Step 10: Now again wipe data and cache partitions as you did in Step 5.
Note: This step helps in resolving the boot loop issues.
Step 11: Everything completes here. Just restart your Galaxy Pocket Duos S5302 by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. Note that the first boot will take more time to start than usual. But don’t worry after a couple of boots it’ll be normal.
If you are not satisfied with this ROM and want to install official Samsung firmware then refer our guide:
Good Job! You have successfully installed latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Pocket Duos GT-S5302 smartphone. Go to Menu->Settings->About Phone and confirm the same. Enjoy all the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Pocket Duos. Also don’t forget to share your views and experience after using it.
For any issues related to this guide kindly contact me through the comments section given below. It’ll be pleasure to help you guys. Till then Keep Smiling and Peace out!✌