Boot Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus into Recovery Mode using our step by step guide. Recovery Mode refers to a special bootable partition that is natively built into the Android source code.
Almost all phones including Samsung comes with an unlocked stock recovery. You can easily access this stock recovery and perform various functions like gaining root access, applying OTA updates, wiping data or cache partitions.
Booting into recovery partition is a completely legal process and it also does not void your device warranty. Since Android is an open-source, building a customized version of this stock recovery with more features is relatively easy.
Such customized recoveries with extra functionalities are called as custom recoveries. With custom recovery, you can perform some additional tasks which include flashing third-party custom ROMs over the stock Android image.
Both of these recoveries have a visually pleasing interface and comes loaded with tons of features. Whenever you need to wipe data or flash any custom ROM, your device must be booted into recovery mode. It is therefore necessary that you know how to access the recovery mode.
Normally the recovery mode can be entered by a combination of volume, home, and power buttons. But nowadays, most of the phones do not have the physical front buttons which makes the procedure of accessing the recovery mode a little bit different.
But don’t worry as we’ll explain a detailed step by step procedure for accessing recovery mode on your smartphone. There are different methods to boot your Galaxy S8 Plus into Recovery mode. The universal method is by pressing and holding the hard keys/buttons.
Entering Galaxy S8 Plus into Recovery mode is one of the easiest tasks that any Android user can perform, as you just need to follow any of the instructions mentioned below.
Here in this step by step guide, we’ll discuss four important methods on how to easily enter Galaxy S8+ into recovery mode with/without keys.[lwptoc]
How to Enter Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus into Recovery Mode
Here we have mentioned 4 different ways to enter your Galaxy S8 Plus into Recovery mode. You may refer to any one of them.
Method 1: Using Hard Keys
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus smartphone completely until it vibrates.
- Press and Hold Volume Up key + Bixby button + Power button simultaneously.
- Just in a few seconds, you’ll see a blue screen with an Android bot and a message saying, ‘Installing system update..’ (don’t worry, nothing gets installed). Let go of all the pressed buttons.
- Then you will be presented with the Recovery Mode menu on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- That’s all! You’ve successfully booted your Galaxy S8 Plus into Recovery Mode using hard keys.
Method 2: Using ADB commands
ADB and Fastboot is a versatile command-line tool that lets you communicate with your phone when connected to PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) using a USB cable. With these commands, you can perform various actions such as installing and debugging apps, backing up partitions and much more. Let’s use this ADB and Fastboot method to boot Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus into Recovery mode.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Also, enable OEM unlocking and Advance reboot mode from Developer options.
- Now, download and install ADB and Fastboot setup on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S8 Plus to PC using a standard USB cable.
- Launch the Command window on your computer. For that, hold the Shift button and right mouse click anywhere on your PC. You’ll see a list of options from which select Open command window here option. This will launch the command prompt window on your computer.
- Now to make sure that your Galaxy S8 Plus is successfully connected to your PC or not, type the following commands in the command window and press the enter key:
- As soon as you press the enter key, you’ll see a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with some random numbers.
- This will confirm that your Galaxy S8 Plus has successfully connected to your PC.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen, then re-install device drivers, enable USB debugging mode, and try again.
- Now to boot your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus into Recovery mode, type the following command in the command window and hit the enter key:
adb reboot recovery
- As soon as you press the enter key, your Galaxy S8 Plus will boot into Recovery mode.
Method 3: Using Terminal Emulator (Requires ROOT)
Terminal Emulator app helps you in accessing the Android’s built-in Linux command-line shell. This method requires root access on your phone.
- Download and install Terminal Emulator App on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus smartphone.
- Launch Terminal Emulator App.
- Type this command in it and press enter:
- As soon as you hit the enter key, a popup will appear to grant Superuser permissions.
- So click on Grant option.
- On the next line type the following command and press enter:
- As soon as you hit the enter key, your phone will enter into Recovery mode.
Method 4: Using Quick Reboot App (Requires ROOT)
Quick Reboot app provides advanced reboot options to boot your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus into recovery mode, download mode, normal reboot, fast reboot, safe mode, and much more. This method also requires root access on your phone.
- Download and install the Quick Reboot app in your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus smartphone.
- Launch the Quick Reboot app.
- Tick the ‘I have read and accept the terms’ and click on confirm.
- To boot into recovery mode, simply click on the Recovery option.
- Then Tap on Yes to confirm.
- As soon as you hit Yes, a popup will appear to grant Superuser permissions.
- So click on Grant option.
- This will boot your Samsung device into Recovery mode.
How to Exit (get out of) Recovery Mode
- For Android System Recovery: Use Volume Up/ Down keys to highlight the ‘Reboot system now’ option. Then press the Power button to select it. This will restart your phone normally.
- For CWM/ TWRP recovery: Select the ‘Reboot system now’ option to restart your phone.