Update Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Liquid Smooth Custom ROM with the article given below. Basically, Liquid smooth is based on the famous android open source project.
As its name suggests, it provides a completely smooth, fast, and stable ROM experience. The developers who have contributed to this ROM are liquid0624, deadman96385, Jsnweitzel, somber73, The broken, Cpa-poke, and cdub50.
It will give you a complete KitKat experience and will also enhance the entire performance and battery life of your Grand Duos i9082. Some of its features are given below.
- Custom animation controls
- Added Stylus Gestures
- Incoming calls and messages blacklist
- Configurable Vibration Duration
- Alternative default app picker
- T-Mobile Theme Engine
- Added Privacy Guard
- Built-in Super User added
- Added Lock Screen Notifications
- Vibration multiplier control
- Customizable clear all position
- Configurable Lock Handle icon
- Battery around unlock ring
- Customizable Battery icon
- Active Display
- Slims Quick Settings
- Custom animation controls (List view)
- Added Notification Count in status bar
How to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM on Galaxy Grand Duos i9082
Are you ready to flash Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Liquid Smooth Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082? Then let’s get started.
The procedure is risky and might permanently damage your device. Hence, proceed with caution. If in case your Galaxy Grand duos gets damaged or bricked by following this article then neither we nor the developers will be held responsible for that.
This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos with model number GT-I9082. Do NOT flash this on any other device or variant. It might result in unwanted outcomes or bricked devices.
- Charge your phone to 70%.
- Backup your contacts, messages, APN settings, call logs etc.
- Also, take backup of EFS/IMEI data for safety.
- Root and install CWM recovery before going further.
Liquid Smooth Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM
Steps to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
- Download both the package files on your mobile phone.
- Switch off your device completely.
- You need to enter into recovery mode now.
- For doing so, hold ‘Volume Up + Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ altogether.
- Touch will not work in recovery, so you’ll have to use the Volume keys for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- Take a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Let’s move to the actual ROM installation process.
- From the main menu, select the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option.
- Then, select the ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show you all the files and folders present on your external SD card.
- Just select the Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM zip package file.
- Press the ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to initiate the flashing process.
- It will take few minutes to complete the ROM flashing process. Wait until the process is completed fully.
- After the successful flashing process, select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by the ‘wipe cache partition’ options.
- This will clear all your data and caches from the phone’s memory respectively.
- Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM.
- Just remember not to wipe data after that.
- All the flashing process completes here.
- Just restart your device by selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- The first boot takes more time to start than usual.
Finally! You have successfully installed Liquid Smooth Custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Enjoy the ever new KitKat smoothness with this Liquid smooth ROM. I guaranty that this will definitely be a different experience for you as well as your device. If you come across any difficulty or have a problem while going through the process then drop your issue in the comments section below.
4 thoughts on “Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM on Galaxy Grand Duos i9082”
Thanks for the help. But after installing liquid smooth ROM, I’m facing sudden restarts of the phone all the time. It’s not stable. Please let me know if stable version of liquid smooth ROM is available for flashing..
The Link has been updated Re-download & flash.
do i need to flash the firmware to its stock firmware before flashing the rom?