Update Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Liquid Smooth Custom ROM with the article given below. Basically Liquid smooth is based on the famous android open source project. As its name suggest, it provides a complete smooth, fast and stable ROM experience. The developers who have contributed to this ROM are liquid0624, deadman96385, jsnweitzel, somber73, thebroken, cpa-poke and cdub50. It will give you a complete KitKat experience and will also enhance the entire performance and battery life of your Grand Duos i9082. Some of its features are given below.
- Custom animation controls
- Added Stylus Gestures
- Incoming calls and messages blacklist
- Configurable Vibration Duration
- Alternative default app picker
- T-Mobile Theme Engine
- Added Privacy Guard
- Built in Super User added
- Added Lock Screen Notifications
- Vibration multiplier control
- Customizable clear all position
- Configurable Lock Handle icon
- Battery around unlock ring
- Customizable Battery icon
- Active Display
- Slims Quick Settings
- Custom animation controls (List view)
- Added Notification Count in status bar
The procedure given below for flashing Liquid Smooth Custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Grand duos I9082 is much risky and may permanently damage your device, if not attempted correctly. If in case your Galaxy Grand duos gets damaged or bricked by following this article then neither we nor the developers will be held responsible for that.
Also, you must note that this Android 4.4.2 Liquid Smooth ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos having the model number I9082. Installing this on any other device or variant will result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device.
- Charge your phone to 70%.
- Backup your contacts, messages, APN settings, call logs etc.
- Also, take backup of EFS/IMEI data for safety.
- Root and install CWM recovery before going further.
Liquid Smooth Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM.
Steps to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
- After successful downloading both the package files given above on PC, connect your device to PC using the USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and transfer both of them (without extracting) on your SD card. Remember not to place it in deep directories.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and switch it off completely.
- You need to enter into recovery mode now. For doing so, hold ‘Volume Up + Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Touch will not work in recovery, so you’ll have to use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
- Take a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Let’s move to the actual ROM installation process.
- Return to the main menu of recovery mode and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option & select it. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. By clicking on this option you will see all the files & folders present on your external SD card.
- Just select the Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM package which you’ve copied earlier using Home button.
- Press ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to initiate the flashing process. It will take few minutes to complete the ROM flashing process. Wait until the process is completed fully.
- After successful flashing process, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all your data & caches from the phone’s memory respectively.
- Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
- All the flashing process completes here. Just restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. The first boot takes more time to start than usual.
Finally! You have successfully installed Liquid Smooth Custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Enjoy the ever new KitKat smoothness with this Liquid smooth ROM. I guaranty that this will definitely be a different experience for you as well as your device. If you come across any difficulty or have problem while going through the process then without hesitating drop your problem through the comments section below.