Update Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Liquid Smooth Custom ROM with the article given below. Basically Liquid smooth is based on the famous android open source project. As its name suggest, it provides a complete smooth, fast and stable ROM experience. The developers who have contributed to this ROM are liquid0624, deadman96385, jsnweitzel, somber73, thebroken, cpa-poke and cdub50. It will give you a complete KitKat experience and will also enhance the entire performance and battery life of your Grand Duos i9082. Some of its features are given below. Check them out.
- Custom animation controls
- TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
- Added Stylus Gestures
- Offset top of Lockscreen Notifications
- Privacy Modes for Lockscreen Notifications
- Incoming calls and messages blacklist
- Configurable Vibration Duration
- Alternative default app picker
- Halo (Renamed to bubble in settings)
- T-Mobile Theme Engine
- Added Privacy Guard
- Built in Super User added
- Added Lock Screen Notifications
- Vibration multiplier control
- Customizable clear all position
- Configurable Lock Handle icon
- Battery around unlock ring
- Customizable Battery icon
- Active Display
- Slims Quick Settings
- Custom animation controls (List view)
- Added Notification Count in status bar
- Added Glow Pad Torch
- Notification drawer Shortcuts
- Hardware Button configuration
- Dark and blue default Wallpapers
- Custom Quick settings Tile
- Omni’s Performance Control (Lots of features)
- Custom Carrier Label
- Hide network label (Hides carrier and wifi labels)
- Added Integrated C-Lock
- Flip to end call/silence
- Add Long-Click to Preference Tile
- Stock Messaging and email icon is blue
- Working wifi Tethering
- Slims Configurable Power Menu
- Slims Configurable Navigation Bar
- Gamma Configuration support
- Notification drawer style
- Can see through lockscreen
- Blured lockscreen added
The ROM is still in working stage, so a few bugs might be there. But it is quite well expected that the bugs will be fixed as the development progresses to a better build. The procedure given below for flashing Liquid Smooth Custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Grand duos I9082 is much risky and may permanently damage your device, if not attempted correctly. Those who are quite familiar with this procedure and have a complete knowledge regarding this stuff, they can proceed further. But for the newbies who are completely unaware of this thing, we recommend you to stop here. If in case your Galaxy Grand duos gets damaged or bricked by following this article then neither we nor the developers will be held responsible for that. Even though the chances that your device will get damaged is least, but still I highly recommend you to follow all that is given below properly and without attempting anything by your own.
Also you must note that this Android 4.4.2 Liquid Smooth ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos having the model number I9082. Installing this on any other device or variant will result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. So you must verify your device model number with the given number above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Check that your device has a proper battery backup before proceeding to the flashing process. Lack of battery may increase the risk of interruption in the process thus leading to further problems. So I highly recommend to charge the battery of your phone at least up to 70%.
- Connect your Galaxy Grand duos to PC, enable USB debugging mode and transfer all the content of your entire SD card. Along with that it is must that you backup your contacts, messages, apn settings, call logs etc for more safety. All this is essential as in the last step of this flashing process you need to wipe all your data and cache from the phones internal memory.
- EFS folder present in your system directory must be backed up. This sensitive folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. If by mistake the data in it gets wiped, then this will make your phone completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Make sure that your Galaxy Grand Duos is rooted. Also a custom recovery is must for flashing any custom ROM. So make sure that you have installed a recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) or TWRP before proceeding further. You may refer our article given below to do so.
- (Important!) For flashing Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM you need to have the latest Custom recovery like 22.214.171.124 or above installed on your Galaxy Grand duos. If you haven’t installed it yet, then don’t worry just follow this steps given below:
Step 1: Download the latest recovery package from Here.
Step 2: Connect your device to PC, enable USB debugging mode and transfer this recovery on your SD card.
Step 3: Now disconnect your Galaxy Grand Duos and switch it off completely.
Step 4: You need to enter into recovery mode now. For doing so, keep holding Volume up, home button and power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Step 5: In recovery mode, using volume keys navigate to the option named Install from SD card and select it using Home (middle) button to install this latest recovery.
After successful flashing of the latest CWM 126.96.36.199 recovery, proceed further for the actual Android 4.4 KitKat Liquid Smooth ROM installation process.
Procedure to update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Download Google apps (Google Playstore, Gmail, Gtalk etc.)
Step 1: After successful downloading both the package files given above on PC, connect your device to PC using the USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and transfer both of them (without extracting) on your SD card. Remember not to place it in deep directories.
Step 2: Disconnect your phone from PC and switch it off completely.
Step 3: You need to enter into recovery mode now. For doing so, hold ‘Volume Up + Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Note: Touch will not work in recovery, so you’ll have to use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
Step 4: Now you need to take a nandroid backup. Actually nandroid backup is the backup of your entire operating system & is much essential in case if this installation fails or some problem occurs, then you can easily restore your saved previous ROM from the CWM recovery. CWM is well known only due to such features.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
For taking a proper nandroid backup, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM. Refer the screenshot given below for taking a proper nandroid backup.
Lets move to the actual ROM installation process.
Step 5: Return to the main menu of recovery mode and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option & select it. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. By clicking on this option you will see all the files & folders present on your external SD card. Just select the Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM package which you’ve copied earlier using Home button.Press ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to initiate the flashing process. It will take few minutes to complete the ROM flashing process. Wait until the process is completed fully.
Step 6: After successful flashing process, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all your data & caches from the phones memory respectively.
Step 7: Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
All the flashing process completes here. Just restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. The first boot takes more time to start than usual.
Note: If you don’t like this ROM and want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Volume up + Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’ option.
Great! Liquid Smooth Custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat have been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Enjoy the ever new KitKat smoothness with this Liquid smooth ROM. I guaranty that this will definitely be a different experience for you as well as your device. This article is made very simple so as to understand you properly, still if you come across any difficulty or have problem while going through the process then without hesitating drop your problem through the comments section below. I’ll provide an exact solution for your each problem. Till then Enjoy! 🙂