Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is getting more and more updates now a days. After the launch of Android 4.4 KitKat there is a craze going everywhere to download and flash this latest ROM. Although only a few lucky ones are able to enjoy this firmware officially. But still there are chances for the rest ones to experience all those amazing features. The only way is to flash custom ROM developed by the third party android developers. Like always we have come up with a new ROM named ProBAM based on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat especially for Galaxy Grand duos (I9082/I9082L) users.
This ROM comes with tremendous amount of in built features. If you are bored or irritated with the same Android look and its working, then ProBAM can bring a totally new and different experience for you. Its beautiful interface, blazing speed, new battery saving tweaks and a vast number of features takes your device beyond your expectations. But I firstly remind you that this isn’t an official firmware by Samsung but a Custom ROM. Hence chances of few bugs and issues may be there. Still there is no need to worry as developers are constantly working on this initial build. And all the bugs will be fixed in the next upcoming updates. Stay tuned with us to get latest updates and releases for your Grand duos. Some features of this Android 4.4 KitKat ROM are listed below. Check them out.
- OTA Support
- HALO MODS
- HALO: make windows move able and scale able
- Custom Navigation Ring
- Support Facebook Sync
- App sidebar
- samsung kernel super charged
- advanced low battery indicator options
- LockScreen Notifications by AOSPAL
- Lockscreen Blur
- Navigation bar with custom dimensions
- Screen video recording
- Configurable init.d
- Custom Navigation Bar
- Custom CRT Animation
- Mobile Network Battery Saver Mode
- Configurable up to user (LTE or 4G)
- Advanced Battery Bar
- mms: ios features
- mms: Emoji and Smiley support
- Build PropModder
- Incoming calls dialog
- RAM bar with custom colors
- Builtin Xposed Framework
- Xposed : Per-App Layout
- Network usage stats
- Audio : Stereo widening
- Audio : Center frequency for Bass Boost
- Active display (s-view alternative)
The procedure given below for flashing the latest Android 4.4 KitKat via ProBAM ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand duos I9082/I9082L is much risky and may permanently damage your device, if not attempted correctly. The Android users who are quite familiar with this procedure and have a complete knowledge regarding this stuff, they can proceed further. But for the newbies who are completely un-aware of this thing, we recommend you to stop here. If in case your Galaxy Grand duos gets damaged or bricked by following this article then neither we nor the developers will be held liable for that. Even though the chances that your device will get damaged is least, but still I highly recommend you to follow all that is given below properly and without attempting anything by your own. Also you must note that this Android 4.4 ProBAM ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Grand duos having the model number I9082/I9082L. Installing this on any other device or variant will result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. So you must verify your device model number with the given number above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Firstly check that your device has a proper battery backup before performing any flashing process. Lack of battery may increase the risk of interruption in the process thus leading to further problems. So I highly recommend to charge the battery of your phone at least up to 80%.
- Connect your Galaxy Grand duos to PC, enable USB debugging mode and transfer all the content of your entire SD card. Along with that it is must that you backup your contacts, messages, apn settings, call logs etc for more safety. All this is essential as in the last step of this flashing process you need to wipe all your data and cache from the phones internal memory.
- Make sure that Samsung device drivers are installed on your PC so as to recognize your device when connected to PC. You can install them by installing Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- EFS folder present in your system directory must be backed up. This sensitive folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. If by mistake the data in it gets wiped, then this will make your phone completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Make sure that your Galaxy Grand duos is rooted. Also a custom recovery is must for flashing any custom ROM. So make sure that you have installed a recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) or TWRP before proceeding further. You may refer our article given below to do so.
- (Important!) For flashing Android 4.4 KitKat ROM you need to have the latest Custom recovery like 22.214.171.124 or above installed on your Galaxy Grand duos. If you haven’t installed it yet, then don’t worry just follow this steps given below:
Step 1: Download the latest CWM 126.96.36.199 recovery package from Here.
Step 2: Connect your device to PC, enable USB debugging mode and transfer this recovery on your SD card.
Step 3: Now disconnect your Galaxy Grand duos and switch it off completely.
Step 4: You need to enter into recovery mode now. For doing so, keep holding Volume up, home button and power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Step 5: In recovery mode, using volume keys navigate to the option named Install from SD card and select it using Home (middle) button to install this latest 188.8.131.52 recovery.
After successful flashing of the latest CWM 184.108.40.206 recovery, proceed further for the actual Android 4.4 KitKat ROM installation process.
Procedure to update Galaxy Grand duos to Android 4.4 KitKat ProBAM ROM:
- Download Android 4.4 KitKat ProBAM ROM for Samsung Galaxy Grand duos I9082/I9082L.
- Download Google Apps (GApps).
Step 1: After successful downloading the ROM package given above, connect your device to PC using the USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and transfer that ROM package on your SD card. Do not extract this zip file. Also remember not to place it in deep directories.
Step 2: Now disconnect your phone from PC and switch it off completely.
Step 3: Enter into recovery mode now. For doing so, hold ‘Volume Up + Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Note: Touch will not work in recovery, so you’ll have to use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
Step 4: Now you need to take a nandroid backup. Actually nandroid backup is the backup of your entire operating system & is much essential in case if this installation fails or some problem occurs, then you can easily restore your saved previous ROM from the CWM recovery. CWM is well known only due to such features.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
For taking a proper nandroid backup, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM. Refer the screenshot given below for taking a proper nandroid backup.
Lets move to the actual ProBAM ROM installation process.
Step 5: Return to the main menu of recovery mode and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option & select it. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. By clicking on this option you will see all the files & folders present on your external SD card. Just select the Android 4.4 KitKat ROM package which you’ve copied earlier using Home button.Press ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to initiate the flashing process. It will take few minutes to complete the ProBAM ROM flashing process. Wait until the process is completed fully.
Step 6: After successful flashing process, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all your data & caches from the phones memory respectively.
Step 7: Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM. Just remember not to wipe data after that.
All the flashing process completes here. You just need to restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. You’ll notice that the first boot takes more time to start than usual.
Note: If you don’t like this ROM and want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Volume up + Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’ option.
You did it! Android 4.4.2 KitKat ProBAM ROM have been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L). Enjoy the all new KitKat flavored features on your Grand duos with this ROM. I have made this article very simple so as to understand you properly, still if you come across any difficulty or have problem while going through the process then without hesitating drop your problem through the comments section below. I’ll provide an exact solution for your each problem. Till then Enjoy! 🙂