Recently LG G3 users got the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop update officially. But the older flagship LG G2 users are still stuck with Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Although it is confirmed that this smartphone will definitely get the Android L update officially in a few weeks. But there are many users out there who are impatient and are not interested in waiting for the same.
For those users, we’ve got the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop based Cyanogenmod 12 custom ROM. Thanks to the recognized developer Rashed97 who made this dream come true. This CM12 custom firmware supports a number of variants of LG G2 such as D800 (for AT&T), D801 (for T-Mobile), D802 (for Europe), LS980 (for Sprint) and VS980 (for Verizon).
First, check the battery of your LG G2. The device needs to have at least an 80 percent battery level to prevent power interruption issues during the upgrade process. Also, you need to create a backup of all the important data, files, and settings stored on your phone. It is important as flashing a custom ROM can wipe out all the phone’s memory.
Neither we nor the developers are responsible for any damage. We request you to proceed at your own risk.
The CM 12 update given below is compatible only and only with LG G2 model number D800, D801, D802, LS980, VS980. So don’t flash it if you’re having another device or variant as this may damage the phone.
- Charge your mobile at least up to 60%.
- Back up all your phone data and settings including contacts, call logs, messages, memos, etc.
- Backup EFS present in your phone’s system directory.
- Make sure you have installed mobile USB drivers on your PC.
- Root your LG G2 and install a custom recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) or TWRP.
LG G2 (All Variants)
Steps to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on LG G2
- Download the zip package files on your phone.
- Now boot your phone into custom recovery mode.
- For that, press and hold the Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power button.
- After you land into recovery mode, make a complete Nandroid backup of the ROM.
- Select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option present on the recovery mode.
- On the next screen press Yes option to start the wiping process.
- Similarly, select the ‘wipe cache partition’ option to wipe the caches.
- This step will clear all the data & caches from your phone.
- So you must take a complete backup before doing this step.
- Furthermore, select the ‘install zip from SD card’ option.
- Moreover, select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show all the data present on your external SD card.
- Simply select the downloaded Cyanogenmod 12 ROM.
- On the next screen, select the ‘Yes’ option to start the actual Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM flashing process.
- You need to wait for some time to complete it successfully.
- After the process completes, press the back button to return to the main menu.
- Again wipe the data and cache partitions.
- This step is essential to solve the boot loop issue.
- Similarly, flash the Google Apps (GApps) package file.
- Finally, reboot your LG G2 by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option.
- This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! You’ve successfully installed The latest Android 5.0 Lollipop based Cyanogenmod 12 Custom ROM on your LG G2 D800, D801, D802, LS980, VS980 smartphone. Go to Menu > Settings > About Phone and confirm it. If you face any kind of difficulty then feel free to comment below.