Boot Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 into Download Mode using our step by step tutorial. Launched in December 2015, Samsung Galaxy A3 is a slightly upgraded version of the Galaxy A3 2014 model. Moreover, it is packed with decent specs and features including 4.7 inches of Super AMOLED screen with 720 x 1280 pixels of resolution, Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 Qualcomm Processor with 16 GB of internal storage and 1.5 GB of RAM.
Besides, it even features 13 megapixels of primary camera and 5 megapixel of front camera for selfies. It was launched with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS which was further upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat update. It is also known as Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 Duos with dual-SIM card slots. Download mode is a special state or we can say a sub-system of an Android phone and is mainly used to flash stock firmware through official means.
Once you enter your Galaxy A3 2016 into download mode, the system of your device will boot from external sources instead of the stock bootloader which will directly help you to replace the stock ROM on your device. Moreover, the download mode is also widely used in gaining root access, flashing a custom recovery, custom ROMs, boot loader, kernels, modems, pit files, system updates, etc.
Entering Galaxy A3 2016 into download mode is one of the easiest tasks that any Android user can implement, as you just need to follow any of the instructions mentioned below. Here in this step by step guide, we’ll discuss four important methods on how to easily enter Galaxy A3 2016 into download mode with or without keys.
How to Enter Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 into Download Mode
Here we have mentioned 4 different ways to enter into download mode. You can refer to anyone of them. Note that the below-mentioned methods apply to all variants of Samsung Galaxy A3 including SM-A310F, SM-A300FU, SM-A310F/DS, SM-A310M, and SM-A310Y.
Method 1: Using Hard Keys
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 smartphone completely until it vibrates.
- Press and Hold Volume Down key + Home Button + Power button simultaneously until you see a warning message. Leave all the keys as you see the warning message window.
- Now just press the Volume up button to continue.
- This will directly land your Galaxy A3 2016 into download mode.
- That’s all! You’ve successfully booted into download mode using hard keys.
Method 2: Using ADB commands
ADB and Fastboot is a versatile command-line tool that lets you communicate with your device when connected to a computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) using a USB cable. Through these commands, you can perform various actions such as installing and debugging apps, backing up partitions, and many more. Let’s use this ADB and Fastboot method to boot into download mode.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your device.
- Also, enable OEM unlocking and Advance reboot mode from Developer options.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot setup on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy A3 2016 to the computer using USB cable.
- Launch Command window on your computer.
- For doing so, hold the Shift button and right mouse click anywhere on your PC.
- You’ll see a list of options from which select Open command window here option.
- This will launch the command prompt window on your computer.
- Now, type the following commands in the command window and press enter key:
- As soon as you press enter key, you’ll see a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with some random numbers.
- This will confirm that your Galaxy A3 2016 has properly connected to your computer.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen, then re-install device drivers, enable USB debugging mode, and try again.
- If the problem persists, try changing USB cable or even the USB port.
- Now to boot your Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 into download mode, type the following command in the command window and hit enter key:
adb reboot download
- As soon as you press enter key, your Galaxy A3 2016 will boot into download mode.
Method 3: Using Terminal Emulator (Requires ROOT)
Terminal Emulator app helps you in accessing the Android’s built-in Linux command-line shell. This method requires root access on your phone.
- Download and install Terminal Emulator App.
- Launch Terminal Emulator App.
- Type this command in it and press enter key:
- As soon as you hit enter key, a popup will appear to grant Superuser permissions.
- So click on Grant option.
- On the next line type the following command and press enter key:
- As soon as you hit enter key, your Galaxy A3 2016 will enter into download mode.
Method 4: Using Quick Reboot App (Requires ROOT)
Quick Reboot app provides advanced reboot options to boot your Galaxy A3 2016 into download mode, recovery mode, normal reboot, fast reboot, safe mode, and much more. This method also requires root access on your phone.
- Download and install the Quick Reboot app.
- Launch the Quick Reboot app.
- Tick the ‘I have read and accept the terms’ and click on confirm.
- To boot into downloading mode, click on the Fastboot mode option.
- Then Tap on Yes to confirm.
- As soon as you click on Yes, a popup will appear to grant Superuser permissions.
- So hit the Grant option.
- This will enter your Galaxy A3 2016 into download mode.
How to Exit (get out of) Download Mode
- For Android phones with a removable battery, you just need to open the back panel, remove and re-insert the battery and then normally start the phone by pressing the Power button.
- In the case of non-removable battery phones, long press + hold the Power button to exit the download mode and restart the device.
- For phones with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above OS, Google has introduced a new process to exit the Download mode. Press and hold Power button + Volume Down key simultaneously until your device reboots.