Boot Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus into Download Mode using simple steps given below. After being globally announced at MWC 2018, the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ have been finally released last month. The Galaxy S9 Plus comes with some mouth watery specs and features including 6.2 inches of Super AMOLED screen with 1440 x 2960 pixels of resolution.
Besides, it sports Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon Octa-core processor, 256 GB of internal memory, 6 GB of RAM, 12 megapixel+12 megapixel dual primary camera, 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies, non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery and much more. In this guide, we’ll discuss some easy steps on how to enter Galaxy S9 Plus into Download Mode.
Download mode is a special state or we can say a sub-system of an Android phone and is mainly used to flash stock firmware through official means. Once you enter your Galaxy S9 Plus into download mode, the system of your device will boot from external sources instead of the stock bootloader which will directly help you to replace the stock ROM on your device.
Entering Galaxy S9 Plus into download mode is one of the easiest tasks that any Android user can implement, as you just need to follow any of the instructions mentioned below. Here in this step by step guide, we’ll discuss four important methods on how to easily enter Galaxy S9 Plus into download mode with or without keys.
How to Enter Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus into Download Mode
We have mentioned 4 different ways to enter into download mode. You can refer to anyone of them. Note that the below-mentioned methods apply to all variants of Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus including SM-G9650, SM-G965F, SM-G965U, SM-G965N, SM-G9658, SM-G965FD and SM-G965W.
Method 1: Using Hard Keys
- Power off your Galaxy S9 Plus completely until it vibrates.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key + Bixby button + Power button simultaneously.
- Leave all the keys as you see the warning message window.
- Now just press the Volume up button to continue.
- This will directly land your Galaxy S9 Plus into download mode.
- That’s all! You’ve successfully booted your Galaxy S9 Plus into download mode using hard buttons.
Method 2: Using ADB commands
ADB and Fastboot is a versatile command-line tool that lets you communicate with your device when connected to a computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) using a USB cable. Through these commands, you can perform various actions such as installing and debugging apps, backing up partitions, and many more. Let’s use this ADB and Fastboot method to boot into download mode.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your device.
- Also, enable OEM unlocking and Advance reboot mode from Developer options.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot setup on your PC.
- Next using a USB cable, connect your phone to PC.
- Launch the Command window on your PC.
- For doing that, hold the Shift button and right mouse click anywhere on your PC.
- You’ll see a list of options from which select Open command window here option.
- This will launch the command prompt window on your PC.
- Now to confirm that your Galaxy S9 Plus is correctly connected to your PC, type the following commands in the command window and press enter key:
- As soon as you press enter key, you’ll see a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with some random numbers.
- This will ensure that your Galaxy S9 Plus has successfully connected to your computer.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen, then re-install device drivers, enable USB debugging mode, and try again.
- If the problem persists, try changing USB cable or even the USB port.
- Now to boot your Galaxy S9 Plus into download mode, type the following command in the command window and hit enter key:
adb reboot download
- As soon as you press enter key, your Galaxy S9 Plus will boot into download mode.
Method 3: Using Terminal Emulator (Requires ROOT)
Terminal Emulator app helps you in accessing the Android’s built-in Linux command-line shell. This method requires root access on your smartphone.
- Download and install Terminal Emulator App.
- Launch Terminal Emulator App.
- Type this command in it and press enter key:
- As soon as you hit enter key, a popup will appear to grant Superuser permissions.
- So click on Grant option.
- On the next line type the following command and press enter:
- As soon as you hit enter key, your Galaxy S9 Plus will enter into download mode.
Method 4: Using Quick Reboot App (Requires ROOT)
Quick Reboot app provides advanced reboot options to boot your Galaxy S9 Plus into download mode, recovery mode, normal reboot, fast reboot, safe mode, and much more. This method also requires root access on your phone.
- Download and install the Quick Reboot app.
- Launch the Quick Reboot app.
- Tick the ‘I have read and accept the terms’ and click on confirm.
- To enter into download mode, simply click on the Fastboot mode option.
- Then Tap on Yes to confirm.
- As soon as you hit Yes, a popup will appear to grant Superuser permissions.
- So click on Grant option.
- This will enter your Galaxy S9 Plus into download mode.
How to Exit (get out of) Download Mode
- For Android phones with a removable battery, you just need to open the back panel, remove and re-insert the battery and then normally start the phone by pressing the Power button.
- In the case of non-removable battery phones, long press + hold the Power button to exit the download mode and restart the device.
- For phones with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above OS, Google has introduced a new process to exit the Download mode. Press and hold Power button + Volume Down key simultaneously until your device reboots.