If you are among those who are looking for a decent smartphone within 10K INR, then Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360H is the phone for you. Here in this guide, we’ll flash Android 4.4.4 DDU0AOD1 KitKat firmware on Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360H.
This Stock Rom can be flashed any time you are stuck in any process or soft bricked your phone or got any issue while flashing custom firmware. Are fed up with the bugs or issues after flashing those unofficial custom ROMs?
Then you can flash this latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware and get them cleared up. Installing a firmware can get back all the phone settings as they were when you bought it. So if you want to flash the latest KitKat DDU0AOD1 KitKat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360H then proceed to our detailed article given below.
Samsung Galaxy Core Prime Specs:
Powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad-core processor it comes with Android 4.4 KitKat OS. Its internal memory is 8 GB and an external Micro SD up to 64 GB expansion slot is available for increased storage capacity.
It has 2000 mAh Lithium-Ion battery power. It serves as a smaller alternative to Galaxy Grand Prime with a slightly better camera and slightly better chipset. Galaxy Core Prime has a 4.5-inch screen with 800 x 480 pixels screen resolution.
It also features 1,024 MB of RAM which means that it has an average RAM for a smartphone. It has a 5-megapixel rear camera, which won’t capture very good photos, it can capture 1080p high definition video with its primary camera.
Besides, Galaxy Core Prime gives a great GPU performance and is quite impressive while playing games. It shows no lag while playing some high-end games like Riptide Gp2, Temple run oz, the Sims 3, Asphalt 8 airborne, and Rail rush.
- Model: SM-G360H
- Model name: GALAXY Core Prime
- Country: India
- Version: Android 4.4.4
- Build date: Wed, 1 April 2015
- Product Code: INS
- PDA: G360HDDU0AOD1
- CSC: G360HODD0AOD1
This guide for flashing the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware on your Galaxy Core Prime is risky. Hence, implement everything mentioned below properly and without any mistake. We at Droid Thunder will not be responsible for any damage whatsoever.
This Official Android 4.4.4 DDU0AOD1 KitKat firmware update is only for Samsung Galaxy Core Prime with model number SM-G360H. Applying this on any other device or variant may result in unwanted outcomes or a bricked device.
- Charge the battery of your Galaxy Core Prime at least up to 60%.
- Backup your contacts, messages, APN settings, call logs, memos, etc.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Also, ensure to install mobile USB drivers on your PC.
- Disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install Android 4.4.4 DDU0AOD1 firmware:
- Download and extract both the above files in a specific folder on your PC.
- Now you need to boot your Galaxy Core Prime into downloading mode. For that firstly switch off your phone completely.
- After it is switched off completely, press and hold the ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume down key + Power Button’ simultaneously until you see a warning message. Leave all the three keys now.
- Keeping the phone as it is, connect it to the PC using the USB cable. Now just press Volume Up key to continue. This will directly land you into downloading mode. Refer screenshot.
- On PC, navigate to the downloaded folder & launch ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.10.6′ software which you’ve just received after extraction. As soon as you open it, the ID: COM section located in the top left corner will turn light blue. Also, an Added message will appear in the message box window. This will confirm that your Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360H has been successfully connected to the PC.
- But if this thing doesn’t happen then it’s more likely to be a problem with the mobile drivers. Hence, verify whether you’ve properly installed the mobile specific drivers on your PC or not. You can install them manually from the links given in the Pre-Requisites section.
- You’ll find Auto Reboot and F.Reset options on the Odin window. Tick only these two options and leave all the other options as they are. Do not even think of ticking the Re-partition option as it may increase the risk of bricking your phone.
- Now, tick against the ‘AP’ button and navigate to the firmware package & select it (The extracted firmware file may look like: G360HDDU0AOD1_ G360HODD0AOD1_INS.tar.md5).
- After doing everything as mentioned above you need to just initiate the flashing process. For that press the Start button located on the Odin window. Note that the phone will automatically boot itself as the process goes on. Do not interrupt the flashing process by disconnecting the USB cable.
- Be patient and wait for the process to complete. As soon as it completes successfully, the ID: COM section will turn green with the message ‘Pass’ below it. This will confirm that you have properly flashed the Official Android 4.4.4 DDU0AOD1 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. Now you may disconnect your phone by safely removing the USB cable.
- If the process fails or if Odin gets stuck, then close everything and repeat the process.
- After flashing the firmware package, switch off your Galaxy Core Prime completely. Now you need to boot into stock recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Home button (Middle button) + Volume Up + Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- In Android stock recovery touch doesn’t work so use Volume up and down keys for navigation and Home button (middle button) for selection.
- Using Volume keys navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and ‘Wipe Cache partition’ option & select them to clear all the data and caches from your device phone memory.
- Return and restart your Galaxy Core Prime by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option.
- If the process fails or you get any kind of error then just try to implement all the steps with Odin3.07. Use the PDA tab in place of AP in it.
Finally! You’ve successfully installed the latest official Android 4.4.4 DDU0AOD1 KitKat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360H. You can confirm the same from Menu > Settings > About Device. If you come across any difficulty while flashing the firmware, then let us know in the comment section below.