Do you want to flash the latest official Samsung firmware on your Galaxy Android device? OR do you want to downgrade the firmware or revert back to the original Stock ROM software update? If yes, then here is a simple tool named SamFirm (also called a Samfirmware tool). SamFirm is nothing but a Samsung firmware update tool especially for Windows PC to free download official software for any Android device. Using this tool you can easily download Samsung firmware directly from official Samsung Servers. That means you no longer need to search for Samsung firmware download links on Google.
Basically this simple tool provides free downloads of every official Samsung update and Android firmware ever released. This includes network and region-specific firmware as well. All you have to do is enter your phone details, and within a few seconds, it will search the latest update available for your Samsung phone. Do you have a rooted Android phone? Do you want to unroot the phone to get the device warranty back? If yes, then this SamFirm 0.3.6 download tool will help you. Moreover, if you have custom ROM installed and want to revert back to Stock ROM, then this tool is the one you need.
There are various reasons to install the latest official stock firmware on the Samsung device. Whether your phone is bricked or facing issues like boot loop, Whether you want to unroot your phone or do firmware upgrade when you’ve not received any OTA update. In all such scenarios, you can download and flash stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy device. It is easy to flash firmware without Odin, or using an Android app. However, searching and downloading the official firmware is not that easy. Normally, it is very difficult to get an official Stock ROM update from Google. There are many websites that provide firmware free download links.
Some of the famous firmware download websites are Samsung firmware pangu, Sammobile, Updato, Samdb, Samfrew and Samsung updates, etc. However, these firmware archives either have speed restrictions, broken download links or require registration to a premium package account. Besides, the size of firmware is normally more than 1 GB. So it is very irritating when the download speed is slow. On the other hand, SamFirm uses Samsung firmware google drive links for fast download. Thus, there are no bandwidth or speed limitations. Isn’t it amazing!
SamFirm comes with Auto and Manual modes. In auto mode, all you need to do is type model number and region code of your device. Then it automatically searches for the latest stock firmware update. But sometimes, this mode can give you an error such as Error: Could not send BinaryInform. Status code 200/401 authorization failed. At such times, you can select Manual mode and type firmware details like PDA, CSC, and Phone. This way you can get accurate updates for your Samsung Galaxy phone.
Basically SamFirm downloads the tar.md5 file which can be further flashed using the Odin tool. This firmware download tool will work on all Samsung Galaxy Android models. Whether it may be Samsung Galaxy M20, Galaxy S10, Galaxy M30 or Galaxy A50, etc. you can download Android OS for every smartphone and tablet. Similarly like Google, it is very easy to unlock the bootloader of Samsung devices. But it is quite hard to search Odin flashable firmware that you can install to either upgrade, downgrade or restore phone settings.
All credit goes to zxz0O0, a senior member from XDA developers. The great news is that developers are working on the Samfirm app for Android phones. But it will take time. So till then, you can use this tool for PC. If you face any bugs such as the SamFirm tool not working error, then do contact us. This is a complete SamFirm on how to use a guide with detailed firmware download instructions.
Proceed at your own risk. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers of this tool will be held responsible for any damaged/bricked phones.
- Samsung Android Phone
- Computer with Internet Connection
- WinRAR or 7zip archive tool
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed on PC
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installed on PC (x86)
- Charge your Samsung device at least 60%.
- Ensure that the latest mobile USB drivers are installed on your computer.
- Backup your phone data and settings. Use any backup app from the Google Play Store.
Steps to Download Samsung Firmware:
- Extract the downloaded SamFirm v0.3.6.zip file on PC.
- On your Samsung device, launch the installed Phone Info app.
- From the app, note down your phone model and CSC Country code.
- On your PC, double click the SamFirm.exe file from the extracted folder.
- As soon as you launch it, the following screen will appear:
- Just tick the Auto option.
- If you know PDA, CSC and Phone of the firmware, tick Manual mode and type the same.
- Now tick Check CRC32 and Decrypt automatically options.
- Under the Firmware info, type your phone Model number which you’ve received from the Phone Info app.
- Then type the Region code. Here I’ll type INS which is the Region code for India.
- Once you enter all the required firmware information, simply click on the Check Update button.
- As soon as you press the button, SamFirm will start looking for the latest firmware for your Samsung Galaxy phone. It will search for Model number and Region code on Samsung servers.
- Within a few seconds, SamFirm will load official stock firmware with the latest Android OS version. It will also show the firmware file size. Just confirm that the firmware information is compatible with your device.
- After verifying that the firmware is correct, simply click on the Download button to start the Samsung firmware downloading process.
- As soon as you click on Download, a popup window will appear to select a location for saving the firmware file. So select a suitable location as per your need and click on the Save button.
- This will actually start the firmware downloading process.
- Be patient and wait until it completes. After the downloading is finished, SamFirm will start checking CRC32.
- After a successful CRC match, the final process of decrypting firmware will start.
- The Samsung firmware downloading process will complete with the Decryption finished message.
- In the destination folder, you’ll find the downloaded firmware file in zip format.
- Just extract the firmware file to get .tar.md5 file. This tar file can be further installed on your Samsung device using Odin downloader tool.
Finally, this is how you can download any official Samsung Stock ROM using the SamFirm tool. If you have any questions related to this guide, then do comment below.