There are multiple ways to download Samsung firmware for free. Whenever you Google a Samsung Stock ROM for a particular device, reputed websites appear on the result page, like Sammobile, SamFrew, Updato, etc. These websites provide the latest firmware updates for Android smartphones and tablets. However, the only problem is that they demand a membership plan to get a faster download speed. This is when users prefer tools like SamFirm and Frija.
However, we don’t blame these websites for giving a slow download speed for a free version. This is because the Samsung firmware files require huge hosting space on a very costly server. And this is why these websites request users opt for a premium membership plan. But do you know there is a place to get Samsung firmware for Free with no speed limit? Yes, you heard it right! We are talking about Frija, the successor of the famous SamFirm tool.
What is Frija Tool?
Frija is a Samsung firmware download tool that helps you search and download the latest software update for Android phones. It is the best SamFirm alternative tool available out there. Moreover, it is compatible with both 32-bit as well as 64-bit Windows operating systems. Most importantly, all the credit goes to its developer, wssyncmldm, a senior member of the XDA community.
Do you have a rooted Android phone? Do you want to unroot the phone to get the device warranty back? If yes, then this Frija v1.4.2 download tool will help you to do so. Besides, if you have a custom ROM installed and want to revert back to Stock ROM, then this tool is what you need. You can download Samsung Stock ROM using Frija Tool and install it using Odin Multi Downloader.
- Improved Firmware search method
- New Settings option
- Overall UI improvement
- Added support for Dual Sim model
- Added Frija sage number in About Page
- Load Samsung dll libraries in an efficient way
- Added setting to disable CRC check
- Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page
Implement the steps correctly. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be held liable for any damage whatsoever. Proceed with caution.
- Samsung Galaxy Android device
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 OS
- Computer with Internet Connection
- WinRAR or 7zip archive software
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on your PC.
- Also, install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.
- To avoid any interruption, ensure to charge your device by at least 60%.
- Install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Back up your contacts, messages, apps, call logs, etc.
Frija Tool v1.4.4 (Latest)
How to Use Frija Tool to download Samsung firmware
- Launch the downloaded Phone Info app.
- From the app, note down your phone model and CSC Country code.
- On your PC, extract the downloaded Frija Tool.
- Double-click the Frija.exe file.
- As soon as you launch it, the following screen will appear:
- Tap on the Auto mode.
- Alternatively, if you know the PDA, CSC, and Phone firmware, then use the Manual mode and enter the details.
- Enter the Phone Model number that you’ve received from the Phone Info app. Here, I’ll type SM-G973F (Galaxy S10).
- Similarly, enter the CSC code.
- Finally, tap on the Check Update button. As soon as you hit the option, Frija will search for the latest update on the Samsung server.
- Within a few seconds, the tool will generate the latest software update along with the Android version and file size.
- Verify whether the information shown is for your Samsung phone or not.
- After verifying that the information is correct, tap on the Download button to start the downloading process.
- Select a suitable destination folder as per your need and tap on the Save button.
- This will start the actual download process. It’ll hardly last for a couple of minutes.
- As soon as the download completes, a successful message will appear.
- The downloaded firmware will be in zip format. Simply extract the zip to get the tar.md5 file.
- At last, you can install this Samsung firmware.tar.md5 using the Odin flash tool.
Finally! This is how you can download the latest official Samsung Stock firmware using the Frija Tool. Please let us know if you find any difficulty during this process.