There are multiple ways to download Samsung firmware for free. Whenever you Google a Samsung Stock ROM for a paricular device, various reputed websites like Sammobile, SamFrew, Updato, etc. appear on the result page. These websites provide latest firmware update for Android smartphone and tablets. However, the only problem is that they demand a membership plan to get a faster download speed. This is when users prefer tools like SamFirm and Frija.
However, we don’t blame these website for giving a slow download speed for a free version. This is because the Samsung firmware files require a huge amount of hosting space on server which is very costly. And this is why these website request users to opt for a premium membership plan. But do you know there is a place to get Samsung firmware for Free with no speed limit? Yes, you heard it right! We are talking about Frija, the successor of the famous SamFirm tool.
What is Frija Tool?
Frija is a Samsung firmware download tool that helps you search and download latest software update for Android phones. It is the best SamFirm alternative tool available out there. Moreover, it is compatible with both 32-bit as well as 64-bit Windows operating system. Most importantly, all the credit goes to its developer wssyncmldm, a senior member from the XDA community.
Do you have a rooted Android phone? Do you want to unroot the phone to get the device warranty back? If yes, then this Frija v1.4.2 download tool will help you to so. Besides, if you have a custom ROM installed and want to revert back Stock ROM, then this tool is the one you need. You can simply download Samsung Stock ROM using Frija Tool and install it using Odin Multi Downloader.
- Improved Firmware search method
- New Settings option
- Overall UI improvement
- Added support for Dual Sim model
- Added Frija sage number in About Page
- Load Samsung dll libraries in efficient way
- Added setting to disable CRC check
- Fixed sub text for on/off in Settings Page
Implement the steps correctly. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be held liable for any damage whatsoever. Proceed with caution.
- Samsung Galaxy Android device
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 OS
- Computer with Internet Connection
- WinRAR or 7zip archive software
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on your PC.
- Also, install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.
- To avoid any interruption, ensure to charge your device at least 60%.
- Install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Backup your contacts, messages, apps, call logs, etc.
How to Use Frija Tool to download Samsung firmware
- Launch the downloaded Phone Info app.
- From the app, note down your phone model and CSC Country code.
3. On your PC, extract the downloaded Frija Tool.
- Double-click the Frija.exe file.
<li>As soon as you launch it, the following screen will appear:</li>
- Tap on the Auto mode.
<li>Alternately, if you know PDA, CSC, and Phone of the firmware, then use the Manual mode and enter the details.</li> <li>Enter your <em>Phone Model</em> number that you’ve received from the Phone Info app. Here, I’ll type SM-G973F (Galaxy S10).</li> <li>Similarly, enter the <em>CSC</em> code.</li>
- Finally, just tap on the Check Update button. As soon as you hit the option, Frija will search for the latest update in the Samsung server.
<li>Within few seconds, the tool will generate the latest software update along with the Android version and file size.</li>
- Verify whether the information shown is for your Samsung phone or not.
<li>After verifying that the information is correct, just tap on the <em>Download</em> button to start the downloading process.</li> <li>Select a suitable destination folder as per your need and tap on the Save button.</li> <li>This will start the actual download process. It’ll hardly last for a couple of minutes.</li> <li>As soon as the download completes, a successfully message will appear.</li> <li>The downloaded firmware will be in zip format. Simply extract the zip to get tar.md5 file.</li> <li>At last, you can install this Samsung firmware.tar.md5 using Odin flash tool.</li>
Finally! This is how you can download the latest official Samsung Stock firmware using the Frija Tool. If you find any difficulty during this process, then do let us know.