Update Galaxy A5 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 ROM. Samsung Galaxy A5 is the most stylish and classy phone which was released with Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS last year. After the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop OS, many users were waiting to receive this latest android version on their devices. But unfortunately, only a few lucky ones were able to feel this Lollipop firmware.
The remaining others needed to rely on those unofficial custom ROMs created by third-party developers. Recently Mygalaxya, a senior member of the XDA community developed the famous CM 12 custom ROM, especially for the Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone. This CM 12.1 nightly build is based on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS. Furthermore, this way you can enjoy and experience the latest Lollipop flavored features on your device.
Besides, the Cyanogenmod community has come a long way with enhancing the Android experience, and it shows here in this nightly build. When it comes to added features, they have packed pretty much everything you need. Moreover, some newly added features from Cyanogenmod are live display, LCD density, notification manager, lock screen visualizer, ambient display, and gestures.
Despite this, it should be noted that this unofficial CM 12 nightly build is currently in the working stage, which means there are still bugs that are yet to be fixed. But no worries as with the upcoming nightly updates, all those bugs and issues will get cleared up. Interested users can proceed to our guide on how to install the latest CyanogenMod 12.1 on the Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone.[lwptoc]
Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be liable for any damage. Implement everything at your own risk.
This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy A5 with model number A500F, A500FU, A500G, A500H.
- Charge your Galaxy A5 at least up to 60%
- Backup your contacts, apps, SMS/MMS, call logs, memos and APN settings etc.
- Root Samsung Galaxy A5 and install TWRP recovery.
- Install mobile USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Backup IMEI data in your phone’s system directory.
Steps to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CM12.1 on Galaxy A5:
- Depending upon your device model download the zip package files on your PC. Do not extract them.
- Then using a USB data cable connect your phone to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer the zip files to your phone’s internal/external storage.
- Safely disconnect your device from the PC & switch it off completely until it vibrates. Now you need to boot your device into TWRP recovery mode. The same can be done by pressing & holding Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power button together till you land into TWRP recovery.
- Firstly, take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Next, you need to wipe the data/cache present on your device. So press the back button to return to the main menu of TWRP recovery and select the Wipe option. On the next screen select the Dalvik cache, system, data, cache, and swipe to start the wiping process.
- This step will clear all the data & caches from your phone’s memory. Hence, a backup of the entire data must be done before implementing this step.
- Let’s flash the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based CM 12.1 ROM now.
- Press the back button to return to the main menu and select the Install option. This will show you all the files present on your phone’s memory.
- Just navigate to the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based CM 12 custom ROM and select it. On the next screen just swipe to start the actual flashing process. Be patient and wait for the process to complete.
- After completion, you’ll see a message saying successful on the screen.
- Similarly, flash the Google Apps (containing Google Play Store, Maps, Gmail, etc.) and the SuperSU zip files as you’ve flashed this CM 12 custom ROM. Do not wipe anything after flashing it.
- Everything completes here, just restart your Galaxy A5 by selecting the Reboot option present on the TWRP recovery mode itself. This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- If you want to restore your previous ROM, then you can do that by going back to the TWRP recovery and selecting the Restore option. Then select the saved ROM you want to restore.
Finally! You’ve successfully installed the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based Cyanogenmod 12.1 custom ROM on your Galaxy A5 smartphone. To verify the same, go to Menu > Settings > About Phone. If you face any problem while going through this guide, then do comment below.