Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 has received a much stable custom ROM named Dream Fusion. Although it is based on the aging Ice cream Sandwich Android 4.0.4 version still the features that this ROM has are much noticeable. The screenshot itself tells how beautiful this ROM is. Its most noticeable features include navigational elements, beautiful apps, smart dialing and much more customization. The Music app offered by this ROM is particularly awesome and uses less memory than the stock music player. With its speed it can make your slow and laggy device a much more usable. Just check some of its more features that are listed below.
The process of flashing Dream Fusion ROM given below on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is risky & must be performed only if you are used to it. A wrong step can increase the risk of damaging your device. The newbies who are completely unaware of this stuff must stop right at this point. And the ones who have already done this before are freely allowed proceed further. The chances that your Galaxy Y S5360 will get damaged or bricked is least, still if by mistake such thing happens then neither we nor the developers will be held responsible for that. Just follow all the given procedure step by step properly and without attempting anything by your own.
- Based on DDLE1
- A2SD+Init.d support
- Nano text editor+Bash shell support
- Powered by Holo Launcher and ICS Fusion Kernel
- Audio files taken from ICS roms
- OTA updater engine
- ICS settings
- Inbuilt adblocker
- Supports all kernels from source
- Swipe to remove notifications.
- 14 toggles by lidroid
- Performance tweaks for Internet,3G etc.
- Modded apps to look like ICS
Note that this update is compatible only on Samsung Galaxy Y bearing the model number GT-S5360. Installing this update on any other device or variant may result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. You can verify your device model number with the number given above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Low battery life may increases the risk of interruption during the flashing process thus leading into further problems. Thus I highly recommend tocharge the battery of your Galaxy Y S5360 at least up to 70%.
- Before flashing any custom ROM backup your entire data including your contacts, messages, apn settings and call logs etc. on PC for safety. This is much essential before proceeding further. Also one thing you must note that in the last step of this procedure there is a need to wipe your phones entire data and cache.
- EFS folder, a very sensitive folder present in your system directory must be backed up. This folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. There is always a risk that sometimes flashing ROM may corrupt the content within this EFS folder. If so happened, your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Make sure that your Galaxy Y S5360 is rooted. Also a Custom recovery like CWM (Clockworkmod) or TWRP must be installed on your phone before proceeding further. Follow our article for the same.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Dream Fusion ROM :
Step 1: After downloading the ROM package & GApps package, connect your Galaxy Y S5360 to PC. Enable USB debugging mode and transfer both these files on your phones external SD card.
Step 2: Disconnect the phone & switch it off.
Step 3: Enter your phone into recovery mode now. Refer:
Step 4: Make a complete nandroid backup as soon as you enter into recovery. This is nothing but the backup of your entire operating system & is always helpful during the failure of flashing process or during any problem with the ROM, then you can easily restore your saved previous ROM.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
For doing same, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM. Refer the screenshot given below.
Step 5: Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and then ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode itself to clear all the data & caches from your phones memory respectively. It is thus necessary to backup everything before attempting this step (as mentioned in prerequisites).
Let’s move to the actual ROM installation process now.
Step 6: Navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option located on the recovery mode & select it. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This option will show your data present on external SD card. Select the Dream Fusion ROM which you’ve copied earlier. On the next page select ‘Yes’ option to confirm the installation. This will start the actual ROM flashing process. Be patient till the process completes successfully.
Step 7: After successful flashing process, you’ll again land into recovery mode. Then select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all data & cache. Note that this step will solve the boot loop issue.
Step 8: Now use the same procedure for flashing Google Apps. But remember not to attempt the last step of wiping data after installing them.
Step 9: Restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom, then you can do that by going back to the recovery mode by pressing & holding Home Button (middle button) + Volume Up + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next page select ‘Restore’ option. Select the ROM you want to restore.
Wow! The most stable Dream Fusion ROM has been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360. Enjoy all the mentioned features along with this ROM. Also don’t forget to tell us your views & experience after using it. I have made this article very simple & to the point still if you come across any difficulty or have problem regarding the content, then comment me immediately. I’ll be happy to provide an exact solution for your each problem. Till then Enjoy! 🙂