Download and Install Android 10 on Realme X RMX1901 smartphone. Finally, the all-new Android 10 Q-based LineageOS 17 custom ROM is available especially for Realme X. All the credit goes to SagarMakhar, a senior XDA member who has designed this beautiful ROM. That means now you can enjoy and experience all the latest Android 10 features as well as Lineage OS features with this unofficial custom ROM.
Realme X launch date in India was 15th July 2019, after which the company immediately shipped their units to custom ROM and kernel developers. Their main intention was to attract more number of Android users towards Realme X. To do so, they even released TWRP custom recovery followed by LineageOS 16 custom firmware. Moreover, they did receive a tremendous positive response from the users.
Recently, the development community has released Lineage OS 17 ROM for Realme X to experience the latest Android version 10 as well as ColorOS 7. This unofficial firmware comes with plenty of newly added features. Some of these are customized UI, Digital Wellbeing, popup notification panel, gesture controls, redesigned menu, and multi-camera API. Most important, this is a stable Android 10 update with no bugs.
However, if you come across any bugs or issues then don’t panic, as everything will get cleared in the next upcoming update. Besides, before flashing any custom ROM, it is necessary to backup phone data and settings. Moreover, you should also unlock the bootloader of Realme X, root, and install TWRP. If you haven’t done it yet, then don’t worry. We’ve mentioned a complete guide on the same.
How to Install Android 10 LineageOS 17 ROM on Realme X
Are you interested to try this LineageOS 17 ROM on your Realme X RMX1901 smartphone? Then head on to our detailed easy step-by-step guide mentioned ahead.
A slight mistake during this Android 10 ROM flashing process might brick your phone. Hence perform all the steps carefully. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers of this ROM will be held liable for any damage.
This Lineage OS 17 ROM is only for Realme X with model number RMX1901. Do NOT flash this custom firmware update on any other device or variant. It might cause damage or brick your mobile.
Things To Do
- Lack of battery power might interrupt the process. Hence ensure to charge your phone to a minimum of 50%.
- Backup your important phone data before going ahead. This is strongly recommended since everything gets wiped out in this process.
- Also, install the latest Realme USB drivers on PC to detect your phone when connected through a USB cable.
- It is essential to unlock the bootloader of Realme X.
- Besides, root your Realme X before going further.
- Finally, install TWRP on your phone.
- (Optional) Temporarily disable all the security-related tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
After doing everything as given above, let’s install Lineage OS 17 ROM on Realme X.
Steps to enable USB Debugging on Realme X
- Open Settings.
- Then open About Phone.
- Tap on the Version 7 times to unlock the developer mode.
- Tap on it until a message saying, ”You are now a developer” appears.
- Go back and open Additional Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Developer options.
- On the next screen, enable USB debugging.
Steps to install Android 10 LineageOS 17 on Realme X
- Download both the files on your phone.
- Power off your phone and boot it into TWRP recovery.
- To do so, press and hold the Volume down + Power button simultaneously until the Realme logo appears.
- Leave both the keys now.
- If you are not able to boot into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app from Google Play Store.
- As soon as you boot into TWRP, take Nandroid backup first. This is the backup of your entire Android OS.
- In TWRP, click on the Wipe option.
- On the next screen, swipe right to start the factory reset process.
- This step will wipe your entire phone data and settings. Don’t forget to take backup before this step.
- Go back and again tap on the Wipe option.
- On the next screen, open Advanced Wipe.
- Now check Dalvik/ART cache, System, Data, and cache partitions.
- Do NOT check any other partitions.
- Swipe right to start the wiping partition process.
- Let’s start the installation of Android 10 on Realme X.
- For that, click on the Install button.
- This will show all the files and folders present on your phone.
- Navigate to the Lineage OS 17 ROM and select it.
- On the next screen, swipe right to start the LineageOS ROM flashing process.
- Be patient and wait until the installation completes.
- Similarly, install Android 10 GApps (Google Apps) zip package file.
- Finally, everything finishes here. Click on Reboot > System to restart your phone.
- Note that the first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! This is how you can install the latest official LineageOS 17 ROM on Realme X RMX1901. Do share your views and opinion after using it. For any queries or suggestions, kindly comment below.