Do you want to install MIUI 12 on Poco F1? Then, you are in the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you to download and flash MIUI 12 ROM on the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 beryllium smartphone. Last month, Xiaomi launched the most awaited MIUI 12 update in China. And just within a week of its release, they even started testing this latest update on Mi and Redmi smartphones.
Recently, the company confirmed that a stable MIUI 12 will make its way to Xiaomi and Redmi phones from 19th May 2020. However, before that, they are going to test MIUI 12 Beta on 40 Xiaomi Mi and Redmi smartphones. The company even mentioned a list of devices eligible for MIUI 12 and categorized them into three batches.
Unfortunately, the most famous and well known Poco F1 (beryllium) is not mentioned in the list. So the main question is, ‘Will Poco F1 get MIUI 12 Android 11 update or not?’ If yes, then when will it be released? In this guide, we’ll answer every question of yours and clear the doubts. So the good news is that Poco F1 will get an official MIUI 12 stable update via OTA at the end of June 2020.
As far as the MIUI 12 list of supported devices is concerned, it is limited to Xiaomi China variant smartphones. Since Poco F1 is not sold in China, it was not mentioned in the phone list. Isn’t it amazing news! Finally, the famous Poco F1 will get to experience the official stable MIUI 12 Android 11 update. However, if you are not patient to wait that long, use our guide to flash the beta version of MIUI 12 ROM on Poco F1.
The MIUI 12 features some amazing and extraordinary updates which will blow your mind. Some of these include a re-designed UI, dark Mode 2.0, control center, floating window, super and dynamic wallpapers, AI calling, new animations and icons, improved visual effects, focus mode, app drawer, privacy enhancement, navigation gestures, and health tracking.
The Poco F1 MIUI 12 Android 11 update mentioned below is completely stable with no bugs. Still, if you come across any issues, then don’t worry. Since MIUI is updated regularly, all those bugs will be wiped out. Meanwhile, go through the easy steps given ahead on how to flash Android 10 based MIUI 12 on your Poco F1 beryllium smartphone.
The MIUI 12 ROM flashing process is full of risk. To implement the steps carefully without any mistake. If your phone gets damaged by following this tutorial, then only you will be responsible for that.
This MIUI 12 ROM is for Poco F1. Do NOT try to install this custom firmware on any other device or variant. It might brick your phone or damage it permanently.
- To avoid any interruption, charge your phone to a minimum of 50%.
- This process will wipe out your phone data. Hence, backup your contacts, accounts, messages, apps, notes, etc. for safety.
- Enable USB debugging mode from your device settings.
- Also, enable OEM unlocking and Advance reboot mode from Developer options.
- Install Poco F1 USB drivers on your computer.
- Unlock the bootloader of Poco F1 before moving further.
- Moreover, Root Poco F1 and install TWRP Recovery.
After doing all the steps given above, let’s proceed to install MIUI 12 ROM on Poco F1.
Steps to Install MIUI 12 on Poco F1
- Download both the zip files on your computer.
- Using a USB cable, connect your Poco F1 to PC and transfer the files to your mobile internal storage.
- Do not extract the downloaded zip files.
- Power off your Poco F1.
- Let’s reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode now.
- For that, simply press and hold the Volume down button + Power key simultaneously until TWRP recovery appears.
- If you are not able to boot into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app from Google Play Store.
- As you boot into TWRP, take Nandroid backup first.
- After taking backup, click on the Wipe option from the TWRP home screen.
- Then, swipe right and initiate the factory reset process.
- Go back and again tap on Wipe.
- Then select Advanced Wipe.
- On the next screen, choose Dalvik / ART cache, System, Data, and cache partitions.
- Swipe right and start the wiping partition process.
- Let’s install MIUI 12 ROM now.
- To do so, click on the Install button.
- This will show your entire phone storage.
- Just browse and select the downloaded MIUI 12 ROM.
- On the next screen, swipe right to begin the MIUI 12 update flashing process.
- The installation process will hardly finish in a minute.
- Similarly, flash the downloaded Google Apps (GApps) zip package file.
- Awesome! This is how you can flash MIUI 12 on your phone.
- At last, navigate to the Reboot > System option and restart your device.
- Note that the first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! You’ve successfully installed the latest Android 10 Q based MIUI 12 ROM on Poco F1 beryllium smartphone. Enjoy and experience the new MIUI 12 features with this firmware. Don’t forget to share your views in the comment section below. Thank you!