Android 4.4 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Core i8262 via Cyanogenmod 11 Custom ROM is available now. With the release of this latest Android version, everyone was eagerly waiting for this firmware on their phones. However, due to its extremely high RAM and hardware compatibility, only a few smartphones were lucky to get it officially.
The low-end devices had to rely on third-party custom ROMs to experience this latest version. As it was impossible that these devices would get the KitKat firmware officially. A few days back we discussed the rooting and CWM flashing process on Samsung Galaxy Core i8262. Now with CWM flashed, it’s time to move on and install different available custom ROMs on this device.
In this article, we’ll see a detailed procedure for flashing the latest Android 4.4 KitKat via the most famous and well-known CM 11 ROM on Galaxy Core i8262. Samsung has confirmed that they will officially upgrade Galaxy Core i8262 to Android 4.4 KitKat which is fantastic news for Core users. But how long can you wait for that firmware? Till then, you can enjoy those features with this CM 11 ROM.
This Android 4.4 KitKat update given below for Galaxy Core is much more risky. Those who are new to this stuff are recommended to stop right at this point. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be responsible for any damage.
Note that this Cyanogenmod 11 ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Core with the model number GT-I8262. Do not install this unofficial firmware on any other device or variant.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%.
- Backup your important phone data and settings before going further.
- Backup EFS folder present in your phone’s system directory.
- Also, install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Finally, root Galaxy Core and install CWM recovery.
Android 4.4 KitKat CM11
Steps to update Galaxy Core i8262 to CM 11 ROM
- Download both files on your Android device.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode now. For that, press and hold the Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Furthermore, make a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- After taking the backup, return to the main menu of recovery and select the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option.
- On the next screen select the ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show you all the data present on your external SD card.
- Just navigate to the CM 11 ROM file that you downloaded earlier and select it.
- Select the ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to start the ROM flashing process.
- Be patient until the process is completed.
- Select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and the ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all your data & caches from the phone’s memory respectively.
- Similarly, you can flash the downloaded Google Apps (containing Play Store, Gmail, etc). But remember not to wipe data after flashing them.
- All the flashing processes are completed here. Just restart your device by selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- If you don’t like this ROM and want to restore your previous ROM you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously. Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ option and on the next screen select the ‘Restore’ option to restore the ROM you want.
Finally! The Android 4.4 KitKat flavored CM 11 Custom ROM has been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Core i8262. You may verify the same from Menu > Settings > About Phone. If you come across any difficulty, then do comment below.