Install Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Core GT-i8262 smartphone. Many third-party Android developers are busy in developing the recently announced Android 5.0 Lollipop OS on different smartphones.
As only the flagship devices with some devastating features will get the Android L update officially the other low-end devices have only one option to experience this new update. Yes, it is via the unofficial Custom ROMs.
The Smartphones for which these Lollipop updates aren’t available yet, are expected to get the same in few months. Meanwhile, many third-party Android developers are working hard to roll out Custom ROMs.
This way you can enjoy the new advanced features on your device. It was a year ago when the Samsung Company launched the Galaxy Core i8262 in the market. This smartphone was a combination of the best available specs and a completely redesigned Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
The 1.2GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM that this phone had made it quite famous within a few months of its release. It boasts a 4.3-inch screen, a 5-megapixel camera, 8 GB of built-in storage, and up to 32 GB memory expansion were some of its noticeable features.
The Core i8262 users had no chances to experience the Lollipop flavor on their device. This is when the development team took a major step and launched the stable Lollipop Custom ROM named Lollicop for Samsung Galaxy Core i8262 smartphone. This ROM is stable, fast, and almost bug-free.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Core GT-i8262
Interested users can proceed to our guide on how to install Lollipop ROM on Galaxy Core GT-i8262.
The method given below for Galaxy Core i8262 is risky and must be performed with an attentive mind. If you are new to this stuff and don’t know what you are doing then I suggest you stop right at this point. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be liable for any damage. Proceed with caution.
This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Core with the model number GT-I8262. Don’t flash this unofficial custom firmware on any other device or variant. It might damage or brick your device.
- Charge your device to at least 60%.
- Backup your contacts, messages, apps, accounts, settings, etc. for safety.
- Besides, backup the EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Root Galaxy Core i8262 and install CWM recovery.
Steps to install Lollicop ROM on Galaxy Core i8262
- Download the Lollipop ROM as well GApps package files on your phone.
- Boot Galaxy Core into recovery mode now.
- To do so, press and hold the Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power button altogether.
- Touch does not work in recovery. So use the Volume keys for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- Moreover, make a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- After taking the backup, return to the main menu select the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option using the Home button.
- On the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- As soon as you select it, all the files present on your external SD card will appear.
- So navigate to the Android 5.0 Lollicop ROM package file and select it using the Home button.
- Select the ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to start the Android L ROM flashing process.
- Wait until the process completes fully.
- Now select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by the ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode.
- This will wipe out all your data & caches from the phone’s memory respectively.
- So remember to back up everything before doing this step.
- Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM.
- Just remember not to wipe data after that.
- Restart your device now by selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- You’ll notice that the first boot takes more time to start than usual.
- If you don’t like this ROM and want to restore your previous ROM you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode.
- Then, select the ‘Backup and Restore’ option and on the next screen select the ‘Restore’ option to restore the ROM you want.
How to Change picture in Status bar live tiles
- Firstly create your image file in .PNG format size of 106×100 pixel.
- Rename it with my_prof_normal.png.
- Get your SystemUI.apk and copy it on your PC.
- Then open it using 7zip.
- From 7zip, go to res/drawable-mdpi
- Then drag your image file “my_prof_normal.png” inside the 7zip window and overwrite it.
- Close 7zip, push it to /system/app & set permission to rw-r–r–
- Finally, reboot your phone once.
Finally! You’ve successfully flashed the Android 5.0 Lollipop based ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Core i8262. To confirm the same, go to Menu > Settings > About Phone. Enjoy and experience the newly added Lollipop features with this ROM. Ask your questions in the comment section mentioned below.