Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Xiaomi Redmi 1S. This smartphone from Xiaomi was launched in July 2014 with some high-end specs and features. This smartphone created a lot of hysteria among the android lovers. Its specs include 4.7-inch 720p IPS display with a screen resolution of 1280×720 pixels, 1.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor with Cortex-A7 core, WCDMA slot for 3G data.
Moreover, it comes with a GSM slot for 2G data, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB of internal storage, micro SD expandable up to 64 GB, 8-megapixel rear camera, 1.6-megapixel front camera, 2000mAh battery, and much more. It comes with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS which can be officially upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat. The recently launched Android 5.0 Lollipop update has yet not been released for Redmi 1S.
It might take a further few months. But if you are tired of waiting for the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for your Redmi 1S then I am here to help you out. Today in this article we’ll be discussing how to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Xiaomi Redmi 1S. Lollipop Experience custom ROM can give your Redmi 1S all the feel of the latest Lollipop flavored features.
And the most important thing about this ROM is that it is absolutely stable. Yes, you heard it correctly. A stable bug-free Lollipop ROM for your Xiaomi Redmi 1S. Isn’t it amazing! If you want to experience a ROM stuffed with full crazy customization features on your Redmi 1S, then Lollipop Experience is the only ROM for you. It offers all the features from Android L with more custom tweaks and improvement.
This ROM is full of advanced thrilling features which includes enhanced sound processing with music equalizer, managing and applying thousands of rocking themes, instant access to settings via notifications, several built-in improvements, improvements in security and system, long press on Back button will totally quit all the running applications in the background, camera quality improvements, etc. If you’re impatient and are eager to flash it then head over to the further article for a detailed description on updating your Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone to Android 5.0 Lollipop OS.[lwptoc]
The given process ahead is complex and risky. If you are doing this the first time then better stop at this point. The advanced Android users who know this stuff are allowed to proceed further. If you brick your phone by performing the steps given in this guide then we at Droid Thunder will not be liable for that.
This Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM is only for Xiaomi Redmi 1S. Don’t try this method on any other phone. It might cause permanent damage.
- To avoid interruption, ensure to charge your Redmi 1s at least 50%.
- Backup your contacts, apps, messages, accounts, etc. for safety.
- Backup EFS folder present in your device system directory.
- Install the latest Xiaomi USB drivers on your PC.
- Also, enable the USB Debugging mode on your phone.
- Root Redmi 1s before flashing this ROM.
Steps to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 1s:
- Download and copy this TWRP recovery on your phone’s internal storage.
- On your phone navigate to the System→Updater app and launch it.
- Hit the menu button and click on the Select update package option.
- As soon as you click on it, you’ll see all your files and folders present on your phone’s internal storage.
- Just navigate to the TWRP package file which you’ve copied earlier and select it.
- On the next screen select the Update option.
- The updater will ask to back up your data or to start update.
- Click on Start update.
- Finally! TWRP recovery has been successfully flashed on your Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
- To confirm the same switch off your phone and boot into recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power key simultaneously till your phone enters the recovery mode.
Downloads:Android 5.0 lollipop ROM
Internal Google Apps.
Steps to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Xiaomi Redmi 1S:
- Firstly download all the package files in a folder on your PC.
- Now connect your Redmi 1S to a PC and transfer these files (without extracting) on your phone’s SD card.
- Then safely disconnect the device from the PC & switch it off completely.
- Enter your Redmi 1S into recovery mode now. For that press and hold the Volume Up + Power key simultaneously till your phone enters the recovery mode.
- As soon as you enter the recovery make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Then press the back button to enter the main menu of recovery and select the Wipe option.
- On the next screen, swipe to wipe all the data/cache from your phone.
- Note that this step will clear all the data present on your phone.
- After wiping out everything press the back button and select the Install option.
- This will show you all the files on the SD card.
- Just navigate to the Lollipop Experience ROM and select it.
- On the next screen just swipe to start the actual flashing process.
- Wait for the process to complete. It will hardly take few minutes.
- After completion, you’ll see the successful message on the screen.
- Press the back button and flash both the internal and external Google Apps files the same way you flashed the Lollipop Experience ROM.
- After completing everything mentioned above, restart the phone by selecting the Reboot option present on the recovery mode itself.
- It will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! You’ve successfully installed the Android 5.0 Lollipop on the Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone. You can confirm the same from Menu -> Settings -> About Phone. Enjoy all the Android 5.0 Lollipop features on your Redmi 1S with this ROM. Also, don’t forget to share your views after using it. If you have any problem related to this guide, then do comment below.