Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 on Moto G 3rd Generation. After the release of Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, many third-party Android developers have started rolling out this latest update for various high-end smartphones. Those phones who are still waiting to get this update officially can experience it by flashing unofficial custom ROMs.
This way you can possibly enjoy the new advanced features on your device. Cyanogenmod community recently released their latest CM 13 build for the new Moto G (2015). This Cyanogenmod 13 ROM is based on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. Although this build is considered to be in early-stage, you can still install and experience it on your Moto G 3rd generation smartphone.
Motorola is yet to release an official Android 6.0 Marshmallow for this smartphone, till then you can enjoy the latest OS unofficially. Moto G (2015) is, fortunately, one of the lucky few to get this CM 13 ROM. This unofficial ROM comes with few tweaks and upgrades. It significantly improves the battery life performance.
In this article, we’ve discussed a detailed step by step procedure on how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 on Moto G 3rd Generation smartphone. But before you proceed further you need root as well as install custom recovery like twrp on your device. If you haven’t done anything yet, just don’t worry as we have posted an article on the same.
Note that this Cyanogenmod 13 is not an official firmware from Motorola but an unofficial custom ROM. This means that your Moto G 2015 warranty will get void with the installation of this ROM. This ROM is completely stable, fast, and less laggy. Without wasting any more time lets proceed to the actual article on how to install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 ROM flashing process given below.
Perform every single step given below at your own risk. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers will be responsible for any damage. Proceed with caution.
This Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Cyanogenmod 13 ROM is only for Moto G 3rd Generation (2015). Do not install this on any other device. It might brick your phone.
- Charge your phone battery to a minimum of 60%.
- Backup your contacts, messages, call logs, memos, etc.
- Root Moto G 3rd Generation smartphone and install TWRP recovery.
- Enable USB debugging mode from the settings.
Steps to install CM 13 on Moto G 3rd Generation
- Download the Cyanogenmod ROM and GApps package files on your PC.
- Remember not to extract them.
- Connect your Moto G 3rd Generation to PC
- Transfer both the files on your phone’s storage.
- Then safely disconnect the phone from the computer and switch it off.
- Next, you need to boot into bootloader mode.
- For that press and hold Volume down key + Power button simultaneously until you land into bootloader mode.
- Now using Volume up and down keys you can perform various operations like restart bootloader, enter recovery mode, start bootloader mode, etc.
- Now using Volume keys open Recovery mode option and select it using the Power button.
- As soon as you hit the power button your phone will boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Firstly make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Now press the back button to enter the main menu of recovery and select the Wipe option.
- On the next screen, swipe to wipe all the data/cache from your phone.
- This step will clear all the data present on your phone so back up everything before implementing this step.
- After wiping out everything press back button and select the Install option.
- This will show you all the files present on your phone’s memory.
- Just navigate to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Cyanogenmod 13 ROM and select it.
- On the next screen just swipe to start the actual flashing process.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- It will hardly take a few minutes.
- After completion, you’ll see the successful message on the screen.
- Now flash the Google Apps package as you’ve flashed the Cyanogenmod ROM.
- Everything completes here. Just restart your phone by selecting the Reboot System option present on the recovery mode itself.
- The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! This is how you can install Cyanogenmod 13 custom ROM on Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation (2015) smartphone. You can confirm the same from Menu > Settings > About Phone. Enjoy all the Android 6.0 Marshmallow features along with the Cyanogenmod features on your Moto G. If have any queries or suggestions regarding this article then do comment below.