Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM 13 on Galaxy Note 3 N9005. Great news for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 users. Cyanogenmod community has recently developed an unofficial CM 13 build for the Note 3 LTE variant smartphone.
In this detailed step by step guide, we’ll discuss how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Cyanogenmod 13 custom ROM. This ROM is powered by AOSP Android Marshmallow.
That means you’ll experience no more pre-loaded bloatware or Samsung Touchwiz UI. The UI is pure and similar to what we can notice in Nexus devices. All thanks go to the Morningstar, the senior member from the XDA community for developing this amazing ROM.
This Cyanogenmod 13 ROM is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and gives a complete experience of the latest Android version. This ROM is completely stable, fast with enhanced battery performance.
Still, if you face any bugs or issues, then don’t panic as all those issues will be cleared up in the next updated build. Unfortunately, Samsung will never release an official firmware based on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS for the Note 3 smartphone.
So the only way to experience it is via third party custom ROMs. And as the Cyanogenmod ROMs are considered to be one of the best-preferred ones, you should try them out. For flashing this unofficial firmware you just need a custom recovery installed as well as root access.
How to Install Android 6.0 CM 13 on Galaxy Note 3 N9005
If you are eager to enjoy and experience this beautiful ROM on your system then head on to our actual article on how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM 13 on Galaxy Note 3 N9005 given below.
Implement all the mentioned steps at your own risk. Neither do I nor the developers of this ROM will be held responsible for any damage caused to your Note 3 by following this guide. If you are doing this for the first time and have no idea about this stuff, then its better to stop right now. Only experienced users having complete knowledge of this are allowed to proceed further. Although the chances that your phone will be damaged or bricked are less still I strongly recommend to follow all the instructions correctly.
This Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Cyanogenmod 13 custom ROM is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 having model number SM-N9005. Do not try to flash it on any other device or variant as it may cause severe damage. You must check your device’s model number from Menu > Settings > About Phone before moving ahead.
- Charge your phone battery at least up to 60% to reduce the risk of interruption during the flashing process.
- Backup all your phone data and settings including contacts, messages, memos, APN settings and call logs etc.
- Backup EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Also, ensure that your Galaxy Note 3 N9005 is rooted.
- Moreover, install CWM recovery on your device.
Let’s flash the actual Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM now.
Steps to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note 3 N9005
- Download both the zip package files on your device.
- Now boot your phone into custom recovery mode.
- For doing so, press and hold the Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power button altogether.
- As you land into recovery mode, make a complete Nandroid backup.
- After taking backup, navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option present on the recovery mode and select it.
- On the next screen press the Yes option to start the wiping process.
- Similarly, navigate to the ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode and select it to wipe the caches.
- This step will clear out all your data, so a complete backup of everything must be done before implementing this step.
- After wiping completes, select the Advanced option located on the recovery mode, and the next screen select Reboot Recovery option.
- Wait until you boot again into recovery.
- Let’s move to the actual Android 6.0 Marshmallow based CM 13 ROM flashing process.
- Now navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option present on the recovery mode.
- Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show all the data present on your internal/external storage.
- Then select the Android 6.0 Marshmallow based CM 13 ROM which you’ve just copied earlier.
- On the next screen select the ‘Yes’ option to initiate the actual CM 13 ROM flashing process.
- The process will hardly take a minute to complete.
- So be patient and wait for the process to finish successfully.
- After the process completes, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- Then again select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and ‘wipe cache partition’ option as you did before.
- This step is a must as it helps to solve the boot loop issue.
- Similarly, flash the Google Apps (GApps) package as you’ve flashed this Cyanogenmod 13 custom ROM.
- Do not wipe data/cache after flashing Google Apps.
- Just restart your Galaxy Note 3 N9005 by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- The first boot will take more time to start than usual. But don’t panic after a couple of boots it’ll be normal.
Finally! This is how you can successfully install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Cyanogenmod 13 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE smartphone. To verify the same go to Menu > Settings > About Phone. Enjoy all the features of this latest Android OS on your phone. Do comment me if you face any difficulty.