Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers on Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, XP, and Vista OS. Download and set up Android USB drivers, Fastboot drivers, Universal ADB Interface drivers, and OEM Android Studio SDK for Windows.
Fix ADB not recognized, device not found error using this easy steps guide. Most important, Minimal ADB works on both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows OS. Besides, if you ever come across modifying or customizing anything in Android, then you might have heard about ADB and Fastboot.
Besides, ADB is a tool that helps you in rooting, unrooting, accessing recovery, or bootloader mode on your phone. On the other hand, Fastboot helps you in modifying your phone’s firmware, unlocking the bootloader, or flashing custom recovery.
Most important, you cannot install complete ROMs with it, but it’s helpful for many things that ADB can’t do. Installing and setting up ADB or Fastboot tools require you to download Android Studio SDK. Moreover, this is a whole package that you need to set up on your PC.
It is extremely large with 1 GB of size. Additionally, Google made it easy to get ADB and Fastboot without all the junk. However, just to use the usual platform tools, you don’t need the whole 1 GB of the package.
Furthermore, this is where this small tool: Minimal ADB comes into the picture. Moreover, this tool lets you easily install ADB and Fastboot on your computer. All the credit goes to shimp208, a recognized developer from the XDA community.
Most importantly, this tool is updated regularly and is extremely lightweight. It allows you to send both Linux shell commands and developer commands to your Android device.
- Updated ADB and Fastboot to version 18.104.22.168
- Automated build tools initial version uploaded to Github
- Uploaded Zip file containing a portable version
- Prepared for eventual open sourcing of Minimal ADB
- Connect your Android device to the computer through a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Install the latest USB drivers on your computer.
After implementing the steps mentioned above, let’s begin the Minimal ADB installation process.
Steps to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Download and extract the zip file on your PC.
- Right-click and Run it as Administrator.
- As you launch it, the ADB and Fastboot Setup wizard will pop up.
- Note: It is recommended to close all other applications before continuing.
- Furthermore, click Next to continue.
- Disclaimer mentioning that only you’ll be responsible for any modifications or damage will appear.
- Read it out and click Next.
- Browse and select a destination folder for installing the ADB drivers. Then click on the Next option.
- Note: Only 3.4 MB of free disk space is required.
- Select a destination folder to place the program shortcuts.
- Then click on the Next option.
- Moreover, if you want, you can create a desktop icon to easily access the ADB drivers.
- Or skip it and click on Next.
- Finally, you can click on the Install option to start the installation process.
- Or you can go back to review or change the settings.
- As soon as you click on Install, the Minimal ADB installation process will start.
- Finally, Minimal ADB drivers will be successfully installed on your computer.
- Moreover, click on finish to launch the ADB and Fastboot window as given below.
- When you click finish, the command window (cmd) will open.
- Furthermore, to verify that ADB drivers are installed or not, type the following command and press the enter key:
- As soon as you press the enter key, you’ll see a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with some random numbers. This will confirm the successful connection of your Android device with a computer using ADB drivers.
Finally! This is how you can install ADB drivers using Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools on your Windows computer. It’ll be installed in C:/Program Files/Minimal ADB. For any problems related to this tutorial, kindly comment below.