Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L) has recently received the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Thanks to AOKP team who made this possible. Although its unofficial, still you can experience all those new KitKat features through this custom ROM. Moreover, everybody knows that AOKP is the second most well known and recognized custom ROM after Cyanogenmod.
The only custom ROM people prefer other than CM is AOKP. Besides, the main reason behind this is the customization that their ROMs provide. You will feel a new kind of freedom and flexibility while using this ROM. It has one of the best looking themes and amazingly designed user interface. Furthermore, it’s further eye-catchy features include navigational elements, beautiful apps and smart dialing which make the default music client more customizable.
The method is considered to be of much risk. We recommend our users to read, follow and implement every step correctly. We at Droid Thunder will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
This AOKP ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos with the model number I9082/I9082L. Installing this on any other device might result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device.
- In order to avoid any interruption, charge your device to at least 60%.
- Backup your phone data and settings for safety.
- Also, backup EFS folder present in your device system directory.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Moreover, ensure to enable USB Debugging mode from your phone settings.
- Root Galaxy S Duos and install the latest CWM recovery.
Steps to install AOKP ROM on Galaxy Grand duos I9082/I9082L:
- After successful downloading the AOKP ROM given above, connect your phone to PC using USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and transfer that ROM package on your SD card. Do not extract this zip file. Also remember not to place it in deep directories.
- Disconnect the phone from PC and switch it off completely.
- Enter into recovery mode now. For doing so, hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume Up + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Besides, touch will not work in recovery, so you need to use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Home button for selection.
- Firstly, take a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Return to the main menu and navigate to ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option & select it.
- Moreover, on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show all the files & folders present on your external SD card. Select the AOKP ROM package which you’ve copied earlier.
- Furthermore, press ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to initiate the flashing process. You need to wait for minutes to complete the flashing process. Just be patient.
- After successful flashing process, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode.
- Besides, this will clear all your data & caches from the phone’s memory respectively.
- Now you need to flash Google Apps package file given above containing Google Play Store, Gmail, etc. separately after successfully installing the AOKP ROM.
- Moreover, install it in the same manner as you’ve flashed the ROM but note that not to wipe data/cache partition after flashing GApps.
- All the flashing process completes here.
- Just restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- Most importantly, the first boot takes more time to start than usual.
- If you don’t like this ROM and want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Home Button (middle button) + Volume Up + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’ option.
Finally! You have successfully installed the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat based AOKP ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L). Enjoy the Android KitKat features on your Grand Duos. For any queries or suggestions, kindly drop your comment below.