Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L) has recently received the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Thanks to the AOKP team who made this possible. Although it’s unofficial, still you can experience all those new KitKat features through this custom ROM. Moreover, everybody knows that AOKP is the second most well known and recognized custom ROM after Cyanogenmod.
The only custom ROM people prefer other than CM is AOKP. Besides, the main reason behind this is the customization that their ROMs provide. You will feel a new kind of freedom and flexibility while using this ROM. It has one of the best-looking themes and an amazingly designed user interface. Furthermore, its further eye-catchy features include navigational elements, beautiful apps, and smart dialing which make the default music client more customizable.
The method is considered to be of many risks. We recommend our users to read, follow, and implement every step correctly. We at Droid Thunder will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
This AOKP ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos with the model number I9082/I9082L. Installing this on any other device might result in unwanted outcomes or a bricked device.
- In order to avoid any interruption, charge your device to at least 60%.
- Backup your phone data and settings for safety.
- Also, backup the EFS folder present in your device system directory.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Moreover, ensure to enable USB Debugging mode from your phone settings.
- Root Galaxy S Duos and install the latest CWM recovery.
Steps to Install AOKP ROM on Galaxy Grand duos I9082/I9082L:
- After successfully downloading the AOKP ROM given above, connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, enable USB debugging mode, and transfer that ROM package to your SD card. Do not extract this zip file. Also, remember not to place it in deep directories.
- Disconnect the phone from the PC and switch it off completely.
- Enter into recovery mode now. For doing so, hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume Up + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Besides, touch will not work in recovery, so you need to use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- Firstly, take a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Return to the main menu and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option & select it.
- Moreover, on the next screen select the ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show all the files & folders present on your external SD card. Select the AOKP ROM package which you’ve copied earlier.
- Furthermore, press the ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to initiate the flashing process. You need to wait for minutes to complete the flashing process. Just be patient.
- After the successful flashing process, select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by the ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode.
- Besides, this will clear all your data & caches from the phone’s memory respectively.
- Now you need to flash the Google Apps package file given above containing Google Play Store, Gmail, etc. separately after successfully installing the AOKP ROM.
- Moreover, install it in the same manner as you’ve flashed the ROM but note that not to wipe data/cache partition after flashing GApps.
- All the flashing process completes here.
- Just restart your device by selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- Most importantly, the first boot takes more time to start than usual.
Finally! You have successfully installed the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat based AOKP ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L). Enjoy the Android KitKat features on your Grand Duos. For any queries or suggestions, kindly drop your comment below.