Download Android 5.0 Lollipop CM 12 for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100. The last official firmware released for Galaxy S2 was Android 4.1 Jelly Bean after which Samsung stopped working for this device.
However, because of the third-party Android developers, the Galaxy S2 i9100 was able to receive custom firmware based on Google’s latest mobile operating system.
After Google rolled out the new Android 5.0 Lollipop OS, many Android users were waiting for this update to be rolled out for their phones. But only a few lucky ones got a chance to experience this latest firmware officially.
The others had to rely upon the custom ROMs based on this firmware. You might know the famous and most used community of developers called Cyanogenmod.
These CM developers with their hard work have recently developed CM 12 ROM based on the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. Yeah, you heard it right. Android L for Galaxy S2! Isn’t it amazing?
All credit goes to members of the CM community. Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 had no chance to get this latest update officially but thanks to the CM team who made this dream come true.
- Install Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage OS 15 ROM on Galaxy S2 i9100
- Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100
. This CM 12 ROM based on Android L has all the advanced Lollipop flavored features including CPU Governor, refurnished home screen, new dialer app, new themes, theme editing, personalization and standard memory, new services, low memory management support, new gallery, new keyboard, new customization, battery-saving tweaks & much more.
As this device is much compatible with Android 5.0 Lollipop it can smoothly run these features. Along with that it brings optimized RAM, updated Linux kernel, and enhanced processing function. If you want to try out the Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 then proceed to our actual article given below.
We will not be responsible for any damage caused to your phone by following this guide. It is recommended to proceed at your own risk.
This process is only for the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S2 with model number GT-I9100. Do NOT install this CM 12 ROM on any other device or variant. It might brick or damage your phone completely.
- Charge your device at least up to 60%.
- Backup your contacts, messages, call logs, APN settings, memos etc.
- Moreover, backup EFS folder present in your phone’s system directory.
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Root and install CWM or TWRP on your device.
Steps to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Galaxy S2 i9100:
- Download both package files in a folder on your PC. Do not extract them.
- Now using a USB cable connect your phone to the PC and transfer both the downloaded files on your phone’s SD card.
- Moreover, disconnect the phone from the PC & switch it off completely.
- Enter your phone into CWM recovery mode now. Recovery mode can be entered by pressing & holding Volume up + Home button (middle button) + Power button together till you enter recovery mode.
- Besides, touch won’t work in recovery mode.
- So use Volume keys for navigating up and down and use the Home button for selection.
- At first, take a Nandroid backup of your device.
- Furthermore, clear the data/cache present on your phone.
- For that navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and on the next screen select ‘wipe cache partition’ option.
- Moreover, this will clear all the data & caches from your phone’s internal memory respectively.
- Now navigate to the Advanced option located on the recovery mode itself.
- Select the Reboot Recovery option on the next page.
- Go to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option using Volume up and down keys & select it using the Home button.
- Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- As soon as you select this option, it will show all the files and folders present on your external SD card.
- Just search for the CM 12 ROM which you’ve copied earlier and select it.
- On the next page select the ‘Yes’ option to start the actual Android 5.0 Lollipop flashing process.
- Besides, it will take some time to complete successfully. So wait and be patient.
- After completing the process again select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all your phone’s data & cache. This step is essential to solve the boot loop issue.
- Similarly, install the Google Apps (GApps) as you’ve flashed this CM 12 custom ROM.
- Just remember not to wipe data/cache after flashing them.
- Restart your Galaxy S2 i9100 by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- This first boot will take more time to start than usual. But don’t panic after a couple of boots it’ll be normal.
Finally! You’ve successfully flashed the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop based CM 12 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. You can verify the same from Menu > Settings > About Phone. If you have any questions related to this guide, then feel free to comment below.
1 thought on “Update Galaxy S2 i9100 to Android 5.0 Lollipop CM 12”
hello dear… i using samsung s2 and i want to be going lollipop but still i user of (2.3 gingerbread)
now what can i do first.. pls pls pls replay me a short!!!
i don’t understand…. pls pls???