Install Android 8.0 Oreo-based Lineage OS 15 ROM on Galaxy S2 i9100. After the superb Galaxy S, Samsung did a pretty good job by making its successor a well-deserved one. Following the footsteps of its exceedingly popular predecessor, Galaxy S, the new Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 packs in a 4.3 inches of AMOLED touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels of resolution.
Moreover, it sports a super speedy 1.2 GHz Cortex A9 dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM with 32 GB of internal memory, 8-megapixel primary camera, and 2 megapixel of front camera for selfies. Launched with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, Samsung later upgraded it to official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich and then to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
Even today many Android users use this phone due to its amazing specs and features. After JB, Galaxy S2 users never received any further official updates from Samsung. But thankfully many Android developers started building unofficial third-party custom firmware to enjoy as well as experience the newly launched Android version on this beautiful phone.
Recently a senior member from the XDA community developed the newly launched Android 8.0 Oreo-based Lineage OS 15 unofficial custom ROM, especially for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 smartphone. Thanks to him, the Galaxy S2 i9100 users can now enjoy the breathtaking features of Android Oreo on their phones. This ROM has many new improvements in the overall UI, some performance enhancements, and few battery tweaks as well.
Note that this Android 8.0.0 Oreo-based lineage OS 15 custom ROM is in its alpha stage and hence consists of a few bugs or issues. But don’t worry as the developer is constantly working to bring you with a completely bug-free custom ROM. So as soon as a new bug-free update is rolled out we’ll let you know. If you are interested in trying this Android 8.0 Oreo-based Lineage OS 15 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 smartphone then go ahead to our actual guide given below.
The procedure given below is much risky. Neither we at Droid Thunder nor the developers of this ROM will be held liable for any damage. Do not implement anything on your own.
This Lineage OS 15 ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. Do not install this software update on any other device or variant. It might cause permanent damage.
- Charge the battery of your phone to a minimum of 60%.
- Backup your contacts, applications, messages, call logs, memos, etc. for safety.
- Backup EFS folder present in your system directory.
- Enable USB debugging mode from the device settings.
- Also, install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Root Galaxy S2 and install TWRP recovery.
Steps to install Lineage OS 15 ROM on Galaxy S2 i9100
- Download both the ROM package and GApps zip files on your computer.
- Do not extract these zip files.
- Using USB cable connect your Galaxy S2 i9100 to PC.
- Transfer both these zip files on your phones internal memory.
- If you don’t have a computer, then you can even directly download these zip files on your phone.
- Next power off your Galaxy S2 i9100 completely until it vibrates.
- After that, you need to boot your phone into TWRP custom recovery mode.
- To do so, press ad hold the Volume up key + Home button (middle button) + Power button.
- Once you enter the TWRP, the first thing you need to do is take a Nandroid backup.
- From the main menu of TWRP recovery, select the Wipe option.
- Then, from the next screen swipe right to start the factory reset process.
- This step will clear the data on your phone memory.
- Hence, make sure you have backed up everything before performing this step.
- After wiping out everything again go back to the main menu and select Wipe option.
- Then click on the Advanced Wipe option present there.
- On the next screen, select the particular partitions to wipe.
- Then swipe right to start the wiping process.
- After the wiping process completes, go back and select the Install option from the main menu.
- This will show you all the files and folders present on your phone’s memory.
- Just find the Android 8.0 Oreo-based Lineage OS 15 ROM which you’ve copied earlier and select it.
- On the next screen just swipe right to start the actual Lineage OS 15 ROM flashing process.
- Wait and be patient until the flashing process completes successfully.
- It will hardly take a few minutes.
- As soon as it completes, you’ll see the successful message on the screen.
- Now go back and install the Google Apps package in the same way as you’ve installed the Lineage OS 15 custom ROM.
- The flashing process completes here.
- Now you may restart your Galaxy S2 i9100 from Reboot > System option present on the TWRP mode itself.
- The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! This is how you can install Lineage OS 15 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 smartphone. To confirm the same, navigate to Menu > Settings > About Phone. Enjoy the latest combo features of Lineage OS and the latest Android 8.0 Oreo with this ROM. Also, don’t forget to share your views and experience after using it. Feel free to comment if you face any issues while going through the installation guide.