In this easy steps guide, we’ll download and install CM 11 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 smartphone. The third-party developers of Android have taken some kind of oath to never quit their journey of success. They have taken the Android OS beyond our imagination.
To accomplish this they with their best effort made Android faster and more reliable, with less prone to crashes. Google announced their new latest Android 4.4 OS named KitKat with the release of their flagship device Nexus 5 on November 13.
But till now, this 4.4 version is officially only on 2 percent of devices. While Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is still dominating the market with almost 60 percent of the devices running on it. From the date KitKat released till today there is only a 0.5 percent increase in the devices officially running on it.
All these statistics have come from Google’s Android developer portal. It has also been heard that this latest version may run on low-end devices having memory of at least 512 MB. This decision is specially made for owners of those mid-end devices.
Samsung might update at least some of the devices to Android 4.4.2 and breathe new life into them, in a nice gesture of support to users. Galaxy Ace S5830 is one of those smartphones which is expected to get an Android 4.4 KitKat update of course un-officially.
This device was launched with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread around two years ago. Further, it did get an official 2.3.6 update from Samsung but thereafter the Company got diverted from this device and hence stopped providing further firmware upgrades.
Then came the third party android developers who with their best efforts brought many new ROMs for Galaxy Ace. Some of them were CM9 based on Android 4.0 Ice-cream Sandwich, CM10, CM10.1, and CM10.2 based on Android 4.1.2, 4.2.2, and 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Although these Cyanogenmod ROMs had some bugs due to hardware incompatibility, they did get fixed with further tweaks. After when Google announced their new KitKat version, many rumors were heard regarding that this update will not be launched for low-end devices.
This was so because of the new drastic features that this new update has. But when it comes to the Cyanogenmod team, there never quit attitude makes them achieve whatever is impossible for us. Even this time they did something that was just shocking for Galaxy Ace users.
The CM team brought Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Galaxy Ace. The initial build which was rolled out had many bugs that ruined many users moods. But thereafter with many system tweaks and more improvements, the CM team made this ROM more stable.
- New additional google libs, permissions, and framework files added
- Added Total Commander File Manager v 2.03 final
- Battery saving tweaks
- Added new boot animation
- Integrated MA6 Kernel
- Camera tweaks
- Some system apps have been slimmed down
- Integrated Lockscreen pin-unlock Fix
- Replaced Launcher3 with Apex Launcher version 2.2.0
- Added some tweaks
- Activated Statusbar transparency
- Removed apps like Music.apk and Cyanogenmod file manager
- Integrated Google Play Store to version 4.5.10
- New customization
- Integrated some more tweaks
All thanks to the androidarmv6 team of the XDA community for bringing an initial build for this device. XDA Recognized member, Mardon also has contributed to this build. This CM11 ROM is based on the original Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
How to install CM 11 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
If you are looking for a stable Android 4.4.2 KitKat CM 11 ROM for your Galaxy Ace, then follow the step-by-step given procedure.
This process to flash CM 11 ROM on Galaxy Ace is risky. Hence, follow this process carefully. If your Galaxy Ace gets damaged or bricked by following this guide then neither we nor the developers will be responsible for that.
Note that this update is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace with model number GT-S5830. Flashing this on any other device or variant will result in unwanted outcomes or bricked devices. You can verify your device model number from Homescreen > Menu > Settings > About Phone.
- Lack of battery life might interrupt the flashing process. Therefore, charge the battery of your mobile at least up to 60%.
- Also, backup your contacts, apps, messages, etc. using any app from Google Play Store.
- Besides, install Samsung USB drivers on your windows computer.
- Backup EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Root and install CWM recovery on Galaxy Ace.
- (IMPORTANT!) For flashing CM 11, you need to install the latest CWM recovery 18.104.22.168. If you haven’t installed it yet, then don’t worry just follow these steps given below:
- Download the latest CWM 22.214.171.124 recovery package from Here.
- Transfer it to your external SD card using a USB cable.
- Switch off your Galaxy Ace & boot into recovery mode.
- For doing so, keep holding the home button and power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Select Install from SD card option & install this latest 126.96.36.199 recovery.
After successful flashing of the latest CWM 188.8.131.52 recovery, proceed further for the actual Android 4.4 KitKat ROM installation process.
Google Apps (Android 4.4.2 KitKat)
Steps to install CM 11 on Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830
- Download all the above files on your Galaxy Ace.
- Switch off your phone now.
- Enter your device into the recovery mode.
- For that, press and hold the ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Touch won’t work in CWM recovery. So all you need to do is use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- Firstly do a complete Nandroid backup. Nandroid backup is the backup of your entire operating system.
- Let’s move to the actual installation process now.
- Select the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option on the recovery mode.
- Then on the next screen select the ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- As soon as you click on it, you will see all your data present on your external SD card.
- Just select the CM 11 ROM package which you’ve downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the installation by pressing the ‘Yes’ option on the next screen.
- This will start the installation process immediately. It will hardly take few minutes to complete.
- Wait until the process completes.
- After the successful flashing process, select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option.
- Similarly, select the ‘wipe cache partition’ option to clear all your data & caches from your phone’s memory.
- If you have problems with video recording then flash the video recording patch file.
- Finally, restart your device by selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option.
- Do note that the first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- Update Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 2.3.6 XWKTM Gingerbread Firmware
- Install Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Finally! This is how you can flash the CM 11 based Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830. Feel and enjoy all those KitKat flavored features on your Galaxy Ace with this ROM. Along with that, you can even experience the Cyanogenmod 11 features. If you come across any difficulty, then drop your problem in the comments given below.
50 thoughts on “Update Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Cyanogenmod 11”
Kenapa s5830 saya setelah install CWM 184.108.40.206 menjadi bluescreen ?
Firstly install Cyanogenmod 10.2 ROM on your Galaxy Ace, then flash this 220.127.116.11 recovery using the same method given in the article..Now, download & install ROM Manager app from Play Store and launch it. Select ‘Reboot into Recovery’ option to boot into recovery.
Funciona para s5830l?
whats not working? is everything ok?
Its still in working stage..So you might face few bugs which will be fixed in later updates..
Hi, the installation went fine but … after start up I need to select a language. I can scroll between them but can’t select one? Maybe it’s a very stupid question but because I can’t select one i can’t proceed…
Is this a bug ..??
Might be Bug
Do I have to wait for a new updated version? Do you know where I can find the latest up to date CM 11 version?
Yeah..You need to wait for a stable CM 11 build..I’ll inform you as soon as it releases.. 🙂
I downloaded above mentioned custom ROM on my Galaxy GT-S5830, Installation is perfect as per your guidencae – but i fouls following issue
– While connecting google account on Wi-Fi or on GPRS messaging coming – Could not connect to server
– While receiving call, it doesn’t show incoming call just ring only
– Some time during dialling also it doesn’t show progress bar, and call status.
Please help or update me once stable version available.
Might be bugs with the ROM..Will inform you as soon as a stable version arrives..
Dear Abhi, Thk for responce
Any update on new release ..
I need ur one more suggestion, i managed to install Whatsapp without any problem … But messages are not diaplying properly, some time text missing, garbej character etc…
My ace s5830(prevoius has gingerbread 2.3.6) looking good with KITKAT 4.4.2.
Till now no issue.
Thanks Viraj. A BIG thanks to the Abhijeet for this detailed blog!!!
My camera not working after upgrade plz help urgently.
Might be bug with the ROM
Can my galaxy ace gt-s5830i follow this instruction?
before flashing this rom i can using bbm but after flashing this rom i can’t use bbm anymore
And what about the performance with 278Mo Ram ? Android said that 512Mo is the minimum requirement.
my gt s5830 boot onto bluescreen after flashing cwm v6 when boot into recovery,why?
The CWM has been updated to 18.104.22.168..Re-download & install..
please help me to download BBM for samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830 with KITKAT 4.4.2 or KITKAT 4.4.4 .. reply me
im on cm10.1.6 now and still using old cwm v5,i have download cwm22.214.171.124,will it be ok if i flash it?-gt s5830
brother in gt-s5830i in that iam instal ur software after installing my phone re boot then my phone showing only sansung galaxy ace gt s5830i
this only showing so what i am doing now………….?
This article is only compatible with GT-S5830 and not GT-S5830i
Thanks a lot Abhishek for helping many Samsung Ace users to upgrade their cell phones to Kitkat versions and also thanks to XDA developer community who have made this possible. I too followed your well written article and was able to successfully upgrade to 4.4.4. The camera clarity is far better than what the original OS had. And yes, I applied the patch for using Video recorder too.
Va muy bien, pero tengo un problema con el bluetooth. No me enciende (ni se activa), pero el resto va de perlas.
I could try the patch for the video camera and works perfect. There are applications like Compass3d, Radio Effem and Sun Surveyor they fail to run on this ROM.
What video player advise me to work well? because I did not find an application that correctly handles various video formats.
Otherwise everything works wonders. I will be calm and happy with this new ROM.
My best regards.
This ROM is truly stable. If initially had some problems during startup, today I only speak wonders of it.
After flashing the patch of the Camera video, everything runs, everything works fine.
It only remains a pending task to find a good video repoductor for her, and another patch to FM radio.
A cordial greeting to all mine,
Can my galaxy ace gt-s5830i follow this instruction?
can we put original stock rom back ? or downgrade to jelly bean using cmw 6 ? or we need to change cmw?
Flash this Stock ROM..It’ll replace your CWM with system recovery..
will this work on galaxy ace gt-s5830 d ?
this is avalaible for samsung galaxy ace SHW-M240S
Can you put an alternative link for the video recording patch? The one you have is not working. Thanks!
It work fine!!! Thanks a lot!!!
i am using mobile gt 5830i mobile i am changed the os for this mobile kitkat 4.4.2 os but this is not convience pls help me how to install previos os andriod 2.3.6 os pls help sir, boot maneger downloading page not open
This guide is only for S5830 and not S5830i..Refer this guide to flash Android 2.3.6 GB..
Nice it’s working tq bro..
i have successfully installed custom ROM kitkat but the andriod version remained same 2.3.6 ? can you help me?
Does this work on the S5830i model?
No, it’s only for S5830