Update Galaxy Ace S5830i to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXMC1 firmware with this article. Galaxy Ace S5830i was one of the most popular and best-selling low-end Android smartphones the time when it was launched. Besides, the phone was released with Android 2.2 Froyo in 2011 and was later upgraded to version Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread in 2012.
Furthermore, low specs and hardware compatibility of this handset made it unqualified to be updated to later android versions like Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean. But as we all know there are many well-qualified and skilled developers out there who have developed various custom ROMs and mods to give you a complete ICS, Jelly Bean, and the latest KitKat experience on your Galaxy Ace S5830i.
But there is always a risk of bricking or completely damaging your device with these ROMs. Moreover, there are many bugs or issues present in these ROMs. Besides if you have recently tried a custom ROM and now want to go back to original Gingerbread firmware, you can install it manually from our step-by-step guide given below. Additionally flashing the official firmware is the best solution when you get rid of the bugs with the third party custom ROMs.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 2.3.6 S5830IXXMC1
Finally, interested users may proceed to the actual guide of flashing the latest Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXMC1 firmware on Galaxy Ace S5830i. This firmware is specially launched for the Indian users and its basic info is listed below. If you’re having any type of custom ROM on your device then it’ll get replaced by this official Gingerbread ROM. Additionally, even the custom recoveries like CWM/TWRP will get replaced with the android stock recovery and your phone will no longer be rooted. However, you can root it any time after flashing this firmware.
Model name: Galaxy Ace
Version: Android 2.3.6
Build date: April 2013
Product Code: INS
The flashing process given below is too risky and even a small mistake can brick your phone. Hence read, follow, and implement every step carefully and at your own risk. We at Droid Thunder will not be responsible for any damage.
This Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXMC1 firmware is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace with the model number GT-S5830i. Do not try to implement this firmware update on any other device or variant, it may result in unwanted outcomes or bricked devices. So it is better that you verify your device model number from Homescreen > Menu > Settings > About Phone.
- Check that your device has a good battery backup before going ahead.
- Backup your important data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS, APN settings, call logs, Whatsapp messages, memos, etc.
- Moreover, enable the USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC to recognize the phone when connected via USB cable.
Steps to install Android 2.3.6 XXMC1 on Galaxy Ace S5830i
- Download and extract the files in a specific folder on your PC.
- Then switch off your Galaxy Ace S5830i completely until it vibrates.
- Boot the phone into downloading mode now.
- For the same, keep pressing and holding ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume down key + Power Button’ simultaneously until you see a warning message.
- Just press Volume Up to continue.
- This will directly land you into downloading mode.
- Once you enter the downloading mode, keep it as it is and connect to PC using the USB cable.
- Besides, navigate to the downloaded folder & launch ‘Odin Multi Downloader3-v3.09′ software which you’ve just got after extraction.
- As soon as you open it, the ID: COM section in it will turn blue.
- Also, an Added message will appear in the message window.
- Furthermore, tick against the ‘AP’ button and navigate to the tar.md5 file from the firmware package & select it (The firmware file will look something like: S5830IXXMC1_S5830IODDLK1_INS.z.tar.md5).
- Wait till Odin verifies the md5 hash.
- If it’s successful then there won’t be any warning message.
- Next, tick the Auto Reboot option and F.Reset option located on the Odin window.
- Do not tick or un-tick any other option.
- Moreover, initiate the process by pressing on the Start button.
- Your phone will automatically reboot itself while going through the process.
- Do not remove the USB cable until the process completes.
- Be patient until the process completes fully. It will hardly last for a few minutes.
- As soon as it completes successfully, the ID: COM section will turn green with the message ‘Pass’ below it.
- This will confirm that you have properly flashed the Official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXMC1 firmware on your Galaxy Ace S5830i.
- Now you can disconnect your phone by safely removing the USB cable.
- If the process fails, then close the Odin window, and repeat the entire process.
Finally! You have successfully flashed the Official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXMC1 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i. You can confirm it from Menu > Settings > About Phone. At last, if you have any doubts or problems related to this guide, then do comment below.