Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Omni Custom ROM. As many phones are getting the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update day by day, how would the most recognized smartphone Samsung Galaxy Ace will remain behind in the race. A few days ago we published an article to flash Android 4.4.2 KitKat via the well known Cyanogenmod 11 ROM. Today we’ll be discussing another Android 4.4.2 KitKat based ROM named Omni especially for Ace S5830 users. All the thanks to omniarmv6 team for base Omni ROM and Kernel, Omnirom-Team, Google for Android and Ullasmanju for patching the services.jar. Some features and screenshots of this ROM are given below. Check them out.
- Contains additional google libs, permissions and framework files.
- Integrated AGPS-fix V5.
- Added some missing permissions xml files.
- Updated MA6 Kernel.
- Fixed keyboard emojis.
- Integrated patched services.jar
- Added some tweaks.
- Integrated MA6 Kernel.
- Integrated Google PlayStore to v4.6.17.
- Some apps removed like Apollo.apk.
- Activated statusbar transparency.
- Added facebook contacts-sync ability.
This ROM is in its initial stage and hence you may come across few bug or issues. But don’t worry with the passing days all those bugs will get fixed. I’ll post the further stable update as soon as it releases. Interested android users may proceed to the actual step by step article given below for flashing Android 4.4.2.
This process of updating your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Omni ROM is considered to be of much risk. It may damage your Ace if not followed properly. If you are new to this stuff and have no knowledge regarding the same that it’s better to stop here. Advanced android users who have gone through such thing may freely proceed further. If in case your Galaxy Ace gets damaged or bricked by following this guide then neither we nor the developers will be held responsible for that. Although the chances that your device will get damaged is least, but still I recommend you to follow all the given procedure step by step properly and without attempting anything by your own. Note that this ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Ace bearing the model number GT-S5830. Flashing this on any other device or variant will result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. You can verify your device model number with the number given above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Ensure that you have a proper battery backup. Lack of battery life may interrupt the flashing process thus leading into further problems. Thus I highly recommend to charge the battery of your mobile at least up to 70%.
- While flashing any ROM the first thing you should do is Backup. In the last step of this flashing process you need to clear all the data and cache from your phone internal memory. Hence I highly recommend you to backup all your important data and settings including contacts, messages and call logs etc. to external memory card.
- EFS folder, a very sensitive folder present in your system directory must be backed up. This is very highly recommended as this folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. There is always a risk that sometimes flashing ROM may corrupt the content within this EFS folder. If so happened, your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- Make sure that mobile specific drivers are installed on your computer so as to detect the phone when connected through USB cable. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- Make sure that your Galaxy Ace is rooted. If not, then follow the guide given below to do so.
- For installing a ROM the most needed thing is Custom recovery through which these ROMs are needed to be flashed. So ensure that a Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery is installed on your device.
- (IMPORTANT!) For flashing Android 4.4.2 KitKat you need to install the latest Clockworkmod Custom recovery 188.8.131.52 or above. If you haven’t installed it yet, then don’t worry just follow this steps given below:
Step 1: Download the latest CWM 184.108.40.206 recovery package from Here.
Step 2: Transfer it on your external SD card using USB cable.
Step 3: Switch off your Galaxy Ace & boot into recovery mode.
Step 4: For doing so, keep holding home button and power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Step 5: Select Install from SD card option & install this latest 220.127.116.11 recovery.
After successful flashing of the latest CWM 18.104.22.168 recovery, proceed further for the actual Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM installation process.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 to Omni ROM [Android 4.4.2]:
Step 1: After successful downloading both the package files given above, connect your device to PC using the USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and transfer them on your external SD card. Remember not to place them in deep directories. No need to extract it as well.
Step 2: Now disconnect your phone from PC and switch it off completely.
Step 3: You need to enter into the recovery mode now. For that hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Step 4: Firstly do a complete nandroid backup. Nandroid backup is the backup of your entire operating system & is much essential in case if this installation fails or some problem occurs, then you can easily restore the saved previous ROM from the CWM recovery. Thus CWM recovery helps the most in taking proper nandroid backups.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
Step 5: For doing same, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM.
Step 6: After taking a complete nandroid backup, Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all your data & caches from your phones memory respectively. Make sure you have backed up everything before applying this step (as mentioned in pre-requisites).
Step 7: Now navigate to the Mount and Storage option present on the recovery mode itself. On the next screen select Format system option.
Let’s move to the actual installation process of flashing Android 4.4.2.
Step 8: Return to main menu of recovery mode and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option & select it. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. As soon as you click on it, you will see all your data present on the external SD card. Just select the Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Omni ROM package file which you’ve just copied earlier. Confirm the installation by pressing ‘Yes’ option on the next screen. This will start the actual ROM flashing process. It will hardly take few minutes to complete. Wait until the process is completed fully.
Step 9: Now flash the Google Apps package containing Google Play store, Gtalk, Gmail etc. using the same procedure which you did for flashing the ROM. But remember not to wipe data after flashing them.
Step 10: After completing everything that is mentioned above, restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. Do note that the first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom then you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’ option. If you want to flash Official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread on your Ace then follow our article given below.
If you want to flash stable Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 then follow our guide given below.
Great! You are succeeded in flashing Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Omni Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. You can feel and enjoy all those Kitkat flavored features on your Galaxy Ace with this ROM. There are additional Omni ROM features too! So a combo pack of features is waiting for you. Go grab it now! I have made this article very simple so as to understand you properly, still if you have any difficulty or problem regarding the content given above then without any hesitation inform me. For doing so, just drop your problem through the comments given below. I’ll provide you with an exact solution as soon as possible. Till then Enjoy! 🙂