Update Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 with Stable PMP™ Light ROM. We just recently posted an article on official firmware for this device, after which many users demanded some stable and fast custom ROMs for the same. Many of us get bored by using the same boring UI provided by the official Samsung firmware. So many users try to get some change with the help of launchers and themes. But this does not help in providing a complete change in your OS. So I suggest you to try flashing custom ROMs on your devices. These custom ROMs are the un-official firmwares which let you experience all the latest Android versions on your phones even if they are not launched for your phone officially. Getting back to Galaxy S duos, this dual SIM device has a 1 GHz Cortex A5 processor, a 4 GB of internal memory and 5 megapixel camera. Such good features makes Galaxy S Duos a perfect phone for Android development. That’s the reason there are many custom ROMs launched by the third party developers for the same. Today we have brought an absolute stable and lag free custom ROM called PMP™ Light ROM for Galaxy S Duos S7562. It is based on Android 4.0.4 and has base band S7562DDBMJ1. It is incredibly smooth, fast and bug free. You must definitely give it a try.
This method of flashing the Stable PMP™ Light Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 which is based on Android 4.0.4 Ice cream sandwich is full of risk. It may damage your Galaxy S duos permanently if not done properly. If you have no idea of what you are doing then I suggest you to stop right at this point. Only the android users who have gone through such thing before are free to proceed further. If in case your Galaxy S Duos gets damaged or bricked by following this article then neither I nor the developers of this ROM will be held responsible for that. Although the chances that your device will get damaged is least, but still I recommend you to follow all the given instructions step by step properly and without performing anything by your own.
Note that this ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy S Duos bearing the model number GT-S7562. Flashing this on any other device or variant will result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. You can verify your device model number with the number given above from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Make sure that your device has a good battery life. Lack in battery power may increase the chances of interruption during the flashing process. This may lead into some further problems. Thus I highly recommend to charge the battery of your mobile at least up to 70%.
- Backup your entire data and settings including contacts, messages and call logs etc. to external memory card or PC before flashing any Custom ROM. This is most important as in the last step of this flashing process you need to clear all the data and cache from your phones internal memory.
- EFS folder, a very sensitive folder present in your system directory must be backed up. This is very highly recommended as this folder contains all your phones specific information such as the IMEI, wireless devices MAC addresses, product code, and much more. There is always a risk that sometimes flashing ROM may corrupt the content within this EFS folder. If so happened, your device will be completely useless & will no longer be recognized by your carrier. Refer our article to backup and restore EFS/IMEI data:
- It is necessary to install mobile specific drivers on your computer so as to detect the phone when connected via USB cable. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies or manually install them from the link given below:
- Make sure that your Galaxy S Duos is rooted. If not, then follow the guide given below to do so.
- For installing a Custom ROM the most needed thing is Custom recovery through which these ROMs are needed to be flashed. So ensure that a Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery is installed on your device.
After successful flashing of the CWM recovery, proceed further for the actual Stable PMP™ Light ROM installation process.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 to PMP™ Light ROM:
Step 1: After successful downloading both the package files given above, connect your device to PC using the USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and transfer them on your external SD card. Remember not to place them in deep directories. No need to extract them as well.
Step 2: Next you need to disconnect your device from PC and switch it off completely.
Step 3: Now enter the phone into recovery mode. For that press and hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume up + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Step 4: Firstly do a complete nandroid backup. Nandroid backup is the backup of your entire operating system & is much essential in case if this installation fails or some problem occurs, then you can easily restore the saved previous ROM from the CWM recovery. Thus CWM recovery helps the most in taking proper nandroid backups.
Refer our detailed article for taking Nandroid backup:
Step 5: For the same, navigate to the ‘backup & restore’ option on the recovery mode itself and on the next screen select ‘backup’ option. This will make a complete nandroid backup of your current ROM.
Step 6: After taking a complete nandroid backup, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all your data & caches from your device internal memory respectively. Make sure you have backed up everything before attempting this step (as mentioned in pre-requisites).
Let’s move to the actual installation process of flashing PMP™ Light ROM.
Step 7: Return to main menu of recovery mode and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option & select it. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. As soon as you click on it, you’ll see all your data present on the external SD card. Just select the stable PMP™ Light ROM v10.1 file which you’ve just copied before. Confirm the installation by pressing ‘Yes’ option on the next screen. This will start the actual PMP™ Light ROM flashing process. It will hardly take few minutes to complete. Wait until the process is completed fully.
Step 8: Now restart your phone by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. Note that this first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Step 9: Now again reboot to recovery mode by pressing and holding ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume up + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
Step 10: Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option to clear all the data & caches from phones memory.
Step 11: Navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. Then navigate to the PMP™ Light ROM v10.5 update package which you’ve copied before. Press Yes option to start the installation process.
Step 12: Reboot and wait for optimizations then reboot once more to complete the flashing process.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom then you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Home Button (middle button) + Volume up + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’ option.
That’s all! You are succeeded in flashing Stable PMP™ Light Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. You can feel and enjoy all latest features on your Galaxy S duos with this ROM. I have made this article very simple so as to understand you properly, still if you have any difficulty or problem while performing the process please inform me. All your questions will be correctly answered. You need to just drop your problem through the comments section given below. I’ll provide you with an exact solution as soon as possible. Till then Enjoy! 🙂