Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 with the step-by-step article given below. As Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) proved to be the best-selling smartphone Samsung decided to launch another version having DUAL SIM capability. They named it Samsung Galaxy S Duos (S7562). This device rolled out the market with a bang. It’s a mid-range Smartphone with 4.0 Android ICS OS, 4 GB internal memory, 5 MP primary, and VGA as a Secondary camera, and a 1 GHz Cortex A5 Processor.
But as users reviewed it, it is a very slow device in terms of handling multiple operations. So to boost its speed, it is required that the device must be rooted, so that it can be overclocked to a certain range for smooth handling. So let’s move forward to the actual process of rooting your Galaxy S Duos.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%.
- Back up your contacts, call logs, messages, apps, etc.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Also, enable USB debugging mode on your Phone.
- Disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
- Rooting your phone will void its warranty.
- Data loss can take place due to boot failure.
- There is a risk of Software conflict.
Root file.zip (6.25 MB)
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562:
Step 1: Extract the downloaded root file on your computer. After extracting you will see the following files:
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable, enable USB debugging mode, and copy ‘SuperSUv1.80.zip’ into your device’s SD card.
- Disconnect your Galaxy S duos from your PC and switch it off completely.
- Now you need to restart it, but instead of switching it on normally, you have to restart it in Download mode. To boot it in download mode, press and hold Volume down + Power button + Home button together at the same time for 5-8 seconds until download mode is activated (In case of the phone reboots normally try it again).
- When you will boot in Download mode you will see a screen having a Yellow triangle in it. Press the Volume Up key to continue.
- On your PC, browse to the file that you’ve downloaded and extracted in step 1 and Open ‘Odin3 v1.85.exe’ from it.
- Keeping your phone in download mode connect the same to your PC again with the help of a data cable.
- Once you have connected the device to the computer, Odin will automatically detect it and will display an “Added” message at the lowest-left panel. (Please make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto-Reboot options are checked on Odin).
- Click the PDA tab on Odin and browse to the ‘recovery.tar’ file which you’ve extracted in step 1.
- Now click on start. (Meanwhile, this process may restart your phone several times. No need to worry about it).
- Wait till the “PASS” message appears on the Top Right Most panel having GREEN Color.
- Disconnect your phone and again switch it off.
- Now you need to reboot your phone and this time you have to reboot it in Recovery mode. For doing so, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume down + Power button + Home button together for 5-8 seconds till your device enters/boots into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode using the Volume up & down keys navigate to Install Zip from SDcard → Choose zip from SDcard →SuperSU v1.80.zip. Select it using Home Key and then select the YES option to install Superuser on your device. Wait till the process is complete.
Finally! You’ve completed the root Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 process. If you have any questions related to this guide, then let us know in the comment section below.