Do you want to root Huawei P9? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this easy steps guide, we’ll root Huawei P9by using SuperSU and Magisk zip files. This Huawei handset is a flagship device with the latest trending features. Hence, all the newly launched custom ROMs might run smoothly on it. To test the same, all you need to do is unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery, and root Huawei P9.
Once rooted, you can easily install a custom ROM on the Huawei P9. Besides, you can also flash TWRP recovery, take Nandroid backup and restore. Moreover, you can even wipe data, cache, overclock the CPU, and increase RAM, etc. Here, we’ll root Android phones without Kingroot, Flashify, Root Master, or any root apps available on the Google Play Store. None of these apps guarantee root access.
Talking about Huawei P9 specifications, it sports a 5.2-inch screen with 1080 x 1920 pixels of resolution. Additionally, it is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 955 processor. Moreover, it comes in two variants: Huawei P9 32GB 3GB RAM and Huawei P9 64GB 4GB RAM. Looking at the cameras, it features a 12-megapixel + 12-megapixel dual camera setup on the rear. On the other hand, it sports an 8 MP selfie camera on the front.
Do you want to install a custom ROM on Huawei P9? If yes, then root Huawei P9 first. We’ve recently posted a tutorial on how to install TWRP recovery on Huawei P9. Using that custom recovery we’ll root Android phone with Super SU and Magisk. Head on to our guide given below on how to root the Huawei P9 smartphone.
How to Root Huawei P9
In this guide, we’ll go through two easy methods to root your Huawei P9 smartphone.
Root will void your phone warranty. However, to regain it, you can un-root or flash stock firmware. Follow the steps correctly. Most important, we’ll not be responsible for any kind of damage.
- Charge your phone to a minimum of 50%.
- Unlock Bootloader of Huawei P9.
- How to Install TWRP recovery on Huawei P9.
Method 1: SuperSU
SuperSU is the oldest and so far the best tool to root Android phones. In this method, we’ll use TWRP recovery and flash the SuperSU.zip file to gain root access.
Steps to Root Huawei P9
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- To do so, first, switch it off completely.
- Now, press and hold Volume Up key + Power key simultaneously.
- Let go of both keys as soon as you see the TWRP logo.
- Try the TWRP Manager app in case if you are facing issues to land into recovery.
- Click on Install from the TWRP main menu.
- This will show you all the files and folders present on your device storage.
- Just browse and select the downloaded SuperSU.zip file.
- On the next screen, swipe right to start the Huawei P9 root process.
- The root Huawei P9 process will hardly last for a few minutes.
- As soon as it completes, a root successful message will appear.
- Finally! You have successfully rooted the Huawei P9 using SuperSU and TWRP recovery.
- In order to confirm the same, use the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Method 2: Magisk
Magisk is a way to modify the system without actually modifying it. Besides, it does not modify your actual system partition. This is why users often prefer Magisk over SuperSU.
Steps to Root Huawei P9
- Similar to Method 1, boot your phone into TWRP recovery.
- Now click on the Install button.
- From the list of files, select the downloaded Magisk.zip file.
- Swipe right to initiate the Huawei P9 root process.
- Wait until the root completes.
- Upon completion, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- To restart your phone, select the Reboot System option.
- Finally! This is how you can root Huawei P9 using Magisk and TWRP recovery.
At last, you’ve successfully rooted your Huawei P9. Go ahead and flash custom ROM on Huawei P9, take Nandroid backup, install the kernel, mods like Xposed framework, etc. If you come across any difficulty, do let me know using the comment section below.