Root Samsung Galaxy M31 using our easy step guide. A few years back, Samsung used to launch only expensive and flagship smartphones. Users used to consider Samsung as the only default option while buying a brand new smartphone. Today, however, the picture has changed completely. There are a tremendous number of mobile brands available now. Hence, there is a wide range of options to choose from.
This is the main reason why users are going for Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo, and Vivo phones. It’s not that Samsung doesn’t still make nice phones, it’s just that it’s budget phones have simply not been that exciting these past years. Moreover, increased competition is also affecting the company. To overcome this issue, Samsung has rolled out Galaxy A and M series.
These smartphones are specially designed for mid-range users. Besides, these phones are loaded with many flagship features and at a reasonable price tag. Recently, Samsung launched a Galaxy M series smartphone: the all-new Samsung Galaxy M31. This is a successor to the Galaxy M30s with a minor change in the camera category.
Overall, the Galaxy M31 specs are quite similar to its predecessor. Although its features are decent, still you can always increase your device potential by flashing custom ROMs. However, before doing so, you need to root Android phones. In this easy step by step tutorial, we’ll guide you on how to root Samsung Galaxy M31 without using PC.
There are plenty of root benefits. You can either flash custom ROMs like LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, etc. or overclock, increase the internal memory of your device. Moreover, you can remove bloatware apps and free up some memory, take Nandroid backup, flash kernels or mods, etc. Root enhances your user experience along with the functionality of your phone.
This process will void your device warranty. Proceed with caution. Read and apply the instructions correctly. Most importantly, we at Droid Thunder will not be responsible for any damage whatsoever.
- Charge your phone to a minimum of 60%.
- Enable USB debugging from your phone settings.
- Also, install the latest TWRP recovery on Galaxy M31.
- Besides, backup your contacts, apps, messages and call logs, etc.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M31
In this article, we’ll use two methods for the rooting process. Firstly, we’ll install the SuperSU.zip file using TWRP recovery. Whereas, in the second method, we’ll install the Magisk.zip file.
Method 1: SuperSU
A legendary Android developer called Chainfire developed the SuperSU. It is the oldest and so far the best tool to root Android phones. In this method, we’ll use TWRP recovery and flash SuperSU.zip file to gain root access.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy M31
- Power off your mobile.
- Now boot it into TWRP recovery mode.
- To do so, press and hold the Volume Up button + Power key simultaneously.
- Let go of both the buttons as soon as you see the TWRP logo.
- If you are not able to boot the phone into recovery, use the Reboot Recovery app from Play Store.
- Once you land into TWRP, click on the Install button as shown below.
- Now, simply navigate to the downloaded SuperSU.zip file and select it.
- Furthermore, swipe right to begin the SuperSU flashing process.
- Be patient and wait until the process completes.
- A successful message will confirm that your device is rooted.
- Finally, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play Store and confirm the root access on your phone.
Method 2: Magisk
Magisk is the best alternative to SuperSU. According to XDA, it is essentially a way to modify the system without actually modifying it. Most importantly, it does not modify your actual system partition. This is why users often prefer Magisk over SuperSU.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy M31
- Similarly, like Method 1, restart your device into TWRP recovery.
- From the main menu screen, click on the Install option.
- Browse the downloaded Magisk.zip file and select it.
- Now, swipe right to initiate the Samsung Galaxy M31 root process.
- The Magisk flashing process will hardly take a minute to finish.
- As soon as it completes, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- Everything completes here.
- Just click on the Reboot System button and restart your device.
- Finally! This is how you can root Samsung Galaxy M31 SM-M315F using Magisk and TWRP recovery.
- If anything goes wrong, and you want to restore default stock ROM, then refer our guide:
Finally! This is how you can root Samsung Galaxy M31 SM-M315F. If you have any questions, or suggestions related to this article, then without hesitation comment below. Thank you!