Samsung Galaxy A51 is the first phone from the Galaxy A series to feature an Infinity-O display along with a macro camera. This updated version of Galaxy A50s sports most of the same specifications as its predecessor. Moreover, this handset is considered as much competition in the mid-range segment as others. In this guide, we’ll root Samsung Galaxy A51 without PC.
To overcome restrictions put forth by the manufacturers, you can root an android phone. This way you can easily enjoy and experience full functionality on your phone. Furthermore, you can even get many rooting benefits as well as get complete administrative access to your phone’s operating system. Additionally, you can even remove bloatware apps and free up some memory.
Now you get the idea behind rooting phone and its advantages. Here, we’ll go through easy steps guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy A51, unlock bootloader and install TWRP without PC. Looking at the Galaxy A51 specs, it includes 6.5 inches of Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 2400 pixels of resolution. Moreover, its bezels are a bit slimmer than its predecessor.
However, you need to unlock the bootloader as well as install TWRP recovery on your phone. To be specific, we’ll use Super SU and Magisk files to root your Android phone. Do you want to flash custom ROM on Galaxy A51? If yes, then gain root access first. If you are ready to start the rooting process, then let’s proceed to our actual guide mentioned below.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A51
Here, we’ll use two methods for the rooting process. At first, we’ll flash Magisk.zip file using the custom recovery. Whereas, in the second method, we’ll flash the SuperSU.zip file.
Getting root access will void your phone warranty. Most importantly, we at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for any damage whatsoever. Hence attempt the steps carefully without any mistake.
- Make sure to charge your phone at least 60%.
- Enable USB debugging from device settings.
- Also, install the latest TWRP recovery.
- Take a backup of your important phone data before going further.
Method 1: Magisk
Magisk is also called as the Magic Mask for Android. It is the best alternative to Chainfire’s SuperSU. Unlike SuperSU, it doesn’t modify or alter your system partition. Here, we’ll root Samsung Galaxy A51 by flashing Magisk.zip in TWRP recovery. So, let’s get straight into it.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy A51
- Switch off your phone and restart it into TWRP recovery mode.
- For that, press and hold Volume Up button + Power button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as the TWRP logo appears.
- If you are not able to boot the phone into recovery, try the Reboot Recovery app from Play Store.
- Once you boot into TWRP recovery, tap on the Install button.
- Your files and folders will appear now.
- Just browse and select the downloaded Magisk.zip file.
- On the next screen, swipe right to begin Galaxy A51 root process.
- The Magisk installation process will finish in a few seconds.
- As soon as it completes, a successful message will appear on the screen.
- Now you can restart your phone, tap on Reboot System button.
- Finally! This is how you can root Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F using Magisk and TWRP recovery.
- Try the Root Checker app from Google Play Store and confirm whether your phone is successfully rooted or not.
Method 2: SuperSU
SuperSU is developed by a famous Android developer named Chainfire. It is the oldest and so far the best tool to root Android phones. In this method, we’ll use TWRP recovery and flash SuperSU.zip file to gain root access.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy A51
- Similarly, like Method 1, reboot your phone into TWRP recovery.
- Simply tap on the Install button from the main screen.
- Then browse and select the downloaded SuperSU.zip file.
- On the next screen, swipe in the right direction to start the SuperSU installation process.
- Within a few seconds, the rooting process will complete successfully.
Finally! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F. You are now free to flash custom ROM on Galaxy A51, install the kernel, mods like Xposed framework, etc. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments box below.