Samsung has unveiled its two new smartphones in the mid-range category: the Samsung Galaxy A51, and Galaxy A71. The company released these handsets in Vietnam, earlier this month. Moreover, they have even announced that Galaxy A51 and A71 will soon be released in the Indian market. Note that the most eye-catchy Galaxy A51 features is its quad-camera setup with an affordable price tag.
In this easy steps guide, we’ll download and install Android 10 Q based XXU1ASKJ firmware, especially on Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F smartphone. Most important, this is an Indian OTA update with the latest December 2019 security patch. Unfortunately, if you’ve bricked your phone and want to restore default Stock ROM, then this below-mentioned tutorial will guide you for doing so.
Samsung Galaxy A51 price in India is expected to be Rs. 18,990 onward. Whereas, the price of Galaxy A71 is expected to be Rs. 24,990. With such amazing Galaxy A51 specs, the company is giving a tough competition at the end of 2019. On the contrary, if you compare Galaxy A51 vs A71, you would hardly notice any changes except a good camera and processor. Rest everything is the same.
Here, we’ll download and manually flash the latest official Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F. This firmware is based on Android version 10 Q with build number A515FXXU1ASKJ. Note that this is an official software update from Samsung and is not any unofficial custom ROM like LineageOS. Moreover, we’ll use the official method to install Samsung Galaxy A51 Android 10 update using the Odin flash tool.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Specification
Although Samsung Galaxy A51 release date in India is not fixed yet, it is rumored to be launched at the start of January 2020. Looking at Samsung Galaxy A51 specification, it includes an Infinity-O Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 2400 pixels of resolution. To always remain charged, it includes 4000 mAh battery with 15W of fast charging support.
Besides, it sports central selfie camera of 32MP on the front. Whereas, on the rear, it offers a quad setup of 48MP wide camera lens, 12MP ultra-wide, 5MP dedicated macro camera and 5MP of depth sensor. Talking about the Galaxy A51 processor, it offers Octa-core Exynos 9611 with Android 10; One UI 2 out of the box. Additionally, it comes in two variants: Galaxy A51 6 GB RAM 128 GB storage and 8 GB RAM 256 GB storage.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy A51
Model Number: SM-A515F
OS Version: Android 10 Q
Build Date: 06 December 2019
Country: India (INS)
PDA Version: A515FXXU1ASKJ
CSC Version: A515FODM1ASKJ
MODEM Version: A515FXXU1ASKJ
This method is risky. Kindly move ahead with caution. If your Galaxy A51 gets damaged or bricked, then we at Droid Thunder will not be held liable for the same. Besides, the Samsung firmware used below is the property of their respective owners.
This Android 10 update is only for Samsung Galaxy A51 with model number SM-A515F. Do NOT install this Stock ROM on any other device or variant, as it might brick your phone.
- Lack of charge might interrupt the process. Hence, charge your phone’s battery to 50% or more.
- Take a backup of your contacts, apps, messages, call logs, notes, etc. for safety.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on PC to recognize your mobile when connected through USB cable.
- (Optional) Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your PC.
Steps to install Android 10 Q on Samsung Galaxy A51
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip file on your computer.
- Power off your Galaxy A51 and boot it into download mode.
- To do so, press and hold the Volume Down button + Power Button simultaneously.
- Leave both the buttons as soon as you see a warning message.
- Now press Volume Up key to continue.
- Now using USB cable, connect your mobile to the computer.
- Launch the downloaded ‘Odin3-v3.13.1′ tool.
- Next, verify whether the ID: COM section turns light blue or not.
- Also, confirm if an Added message appears or not.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen, that means your phone is not recognized by the PC.
- For that, fix the USB device not recognized error on your computer.
- Tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options as shown below.
- Click the BL button on the Odin tool.
- Then browse and select the ‘BL’ file from the extracted firmware package.
- Similarly, click on the CP tab and open the firmware file with CP in its name.
- Then click on the CSC button and select the firmware file with ‘HOME_CSC’ in its name.
- HOME_CSC contains instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Q back to Nougat) a factory reset is a must. So use normal CSC at that time.
- Finally, click the AP tab and select the ‘AP’ file from the firmware package.
- Let’s start Galaxy A51 Android 10 firmware installation process now.
- To do so, hit the Start button on the Odin tool.
- This will start the actual Android 10 Galaxy A51 firmware flashing process.
- Your phone will automatically restart now.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable from the PC.
- As soon as the flashing completes, the ID: COM section will show a Pass message. This will confirm that your Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F is successfully upgraded to official Android 10 Q A515FXXU1ASKJ firmware.
- If Odin fails to install this update on your Galaxy A51, then close Odin, again boot into download mode and repeat process.
Finally! You’ve successfully updated Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F to the latest official Android 10 Q XXU1ASKJ stock firmware update. You can confirm the same from Menu > Settings > About Phone. If you have questions related to this guide, then contact us through the comments section.