Update Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 with Stable PMP™ Light ROM. We just recently posted an article on official firmware for this device, after which many users demanded some stable and fast custom ROMs for the same. Many of us get bored by using the same boring UI provided by the official Samsung firmware.
So many users try to get some change with the help of launchers and themes. But this does not help in providing a complete change in your OS. So I suggest you to try flashing custom ROMs on your devices. Besides, these custom ROMs are the unofficial firmware which let you experience all the latest Android versions on your phones even if they are not launched for your phone officially.
Moreover, good features makes Galaxy S Duos a perfect phone for Android development. That’s the reason there are many custom ROMs launched by the third party developers for the same. Today we have brought an absolute stable and lag free custom ROM called PMP Light ROM for Galaxy S Duos S7562. It is based on Android 4.0.4 and has base band S7562DDBMJ1.
This method is full of risk. We at Droid Thunder will not be responsible for any damage. Implement the steps carefully.
This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S Duos with the model number GT-S7562. Do not install this ROM on any other device or variant.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Backup your important phone data and settings before going further.
- Moreover, backup EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Also, install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Root Galaxy S Duos and install CWM recovery.
Steps to install to PMP™ Light ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562:
- After successful downloading both the package files given above, connect your device to PC using the USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and transfer them on your external SD card. Remember not to place them in deep directories. No need to extract them as well.
- Next you need to disconnect your device from PC and switch it off completely.
- Now enter the phone into recovery mode. For that press and hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume up + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Furthermore, make a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- After taking a complete backup, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to clear all your data & caches from your device internal memory respectively.
- Return to main menu of recovery mode and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option & select it. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. As soon as you click on it, you’ll see all your data present on the external SD card. Just select the stable PMP™ Light ROM v10.1 file which you’ve just copied before. Confirm the installation by pressing ‘Yes’ option on the next screen. This will start the actual PMP™ Light ROM flashing process. It will hardly take few minutes to complete. Wait until the process is completed fully.
- Now restart your phone by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode. Note that this first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- Moreover, again reboot to recovery mode by pressing and holding ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume up + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option to clear all the data & caches from phones memory.
- Navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. Then navigate to the PMP™ Light ROM v10.5 update package which you’ve copied before. Press Yes option to start the installation process.
- Reboot and wait for optimizations then reboot once more to complete the flashing process.
- If you want to restore back your previous Rom then you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Home Button (middle button) + Volume up + Power Button simultaneously and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’ option.
Finally! You are succeeded in flashing Stable PMP™ Light Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. You can feel and enjoy all latest features on your Galaxy S duos with this ROM. If you have any difficulty or problem while performing the process please inform me. All your questions will be correctly answered. You need to just drop your problem through the comments section given below.