There was a time when Xiaomi used to launch smartphones with pre-root access and unlocked bootloader. However, times have changed now. Since 2016, every Xiaomi smartphone and tablet has shipped with a locked bootloader. Hence, if you want to root, flash any custom ROM, or modify the system partition, then the official Mi Unlock Tool is the one you need.
Initially, Xiaomi faced many problems like malware attacks, fake phones, unwanted bloatware, and odd practices from resellers. Due to this, the company decided to restrict root access and avoid illegal activity on any smartphone. Hence, the customers started using unofficial software and tools to unlock their mobile bootloader.
A few times, it did work; however, many users faced soft brick and black screen issues. This was when the users demanded the Xiaomi company provide an official way to unlock the bootloader. To overcome this problem, Xiaomi launched the Mi Unlock Tool, an official bootloader unlocker app for all the Android phones running any version of MIUI.
This tool requires permission from Xiaomi to proceed with the bootloader unlock process. But is bootloader unlock safe? Yes, only if it is performed with an official tool. This is the easiest and official way to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi devices. Besides, you can also use this software to reset the Mi account when you forget the MI account password and mobile number.
Are you confused between the Mi Unlock tool and the Mi Flash Tool? If yes, let me tell you that the unlock tool is used for an unofficial bootloader unlocking process. At the same time, the Mi Flash Tool is used to install stock firmware on Xiaomi phones. Most importantly, note that unlocking a device can void your phone warranty.
Additionally, the unlocked mobile is less secure and more vulnerable to malware activity. You might lose your data from your mobile phone, and it will also affect the fingerprint scanner and find my device features. Moreover, your Xiaomi device will not receive any official MIUI OTA updates. Still, if you want to customize and modify the system components, download Mi Unlock Tool’s latest version below.
What is Mi Unlock Tool?
Mi Flash Unlock Tool is an official software by Xiaomi MIUI Community. You can use this software to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi, Redmi, and Poco phones. Moreover, you can also use Mi unlock tool to remove or bypass Mi cloud verification when you forget your Mi Account Login ID and password.
Additionally, you can easily reset your device and remove the Mi account permanently without a password. This software is compatible with all the versions of Windows OS, including Windows 10, Windows7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows XP, and Vista.
Mi Flash Unlock Tool Features
- All in One Tool: It is a Xiaomi all-in-one tool with all the necessary drivers for your Mi, Redmi, and Poco phones. It’s a complete package to bypass or reset the Mi account.
- Portable Tool: It is portable software for your PC. That means you don’t need to install any setup.exe file on your Windows computer. Just extract the zip and launch the miflash_unlock.exe file.
- Free Tool: This software comes free of cost and is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- Qualcomm and MediaTek Support: This tool supports all the Xiaomi devices running on Qualcomm and MediaTek chipsets.
- Unlock Bootloader: It provides an official way to unlock the bootloader of your Android phone. Do you want to root Android phones? Do you want to flash custom ROM? If yes, then use this official Xiaomi tool.
(Old Version) Mi Flash Unlock Tool v3.5.1108.44
How to Use Mi Unlock Tool
- Temporarily disable antivirus or firewall protection on your PC.
- Download and extract the tool on the computer.
- Launch the miflash_unlock.exe file.
- Power of your Android device.
- Press and hold the Volume down key and Power button simultaneously.
- This will boot your phone into Fastboot mode.
- Using a standard USB cable, connect your phone to the computer.
- The Mi tool will confirm the connection between your phone and PC.
- If there is any connection problem, then install Xiaomi USB drivers.
- Tap the Bypass Mi Account to remove cloud verification or Xiaomi FRP Lock.
- Also, to unlock the bootloader, tap on the Unlock button.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable until the process completes.
If any of the above links have stopped working or are dead, then kindly contact us via the comment box below. Thank you!