The new Google OS Android 4.4 KitKat is making headlines day after day. There is a buzz going around as everyone talks about the number of devastating and memory optimization features that come with this new 4.4 version.
Google’s head of Android, Sundar Pichai, itself have told that this update can easily and comfortably run on devices having 512 MB RAM. This is pretty good news for those low-end device users. They can at last get rid of that Gingerbread version.
The number of users having Gingerbread running on their devices is more than those having Ice-cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean. With this update they will be finally relaxed as same like others it will be possible for them to experience the latest features on their mobiles.
It was Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, after which Google took a huge leap forward in usability and responsiveness. However, due to their more interest in hardware compatibility, many low-end devices suffered a lot.
The main reason is that the newly introduced features were not compatible to run on the limited hardware and RAM size.
The third-party Android developers helped to overcome this issue.
A week before, the androids recognized developers, the well known CyanogenMod team launched their new CM 11 update running on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat for low range device like Galaxy Ace, Fit, Gio and Mini.
In this article, we will talk about a detailed procedure regarding Android 4.4.3 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Mini/Pop S5570. This aging device was launched three years ago with official Android 2.2 Froyo. Later it was upgraded to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
But after that, Samsung stopped its further updates due to a lack of hardware and RAM compatibility. One of the recognized contributors of XDA, yajnab, has compiled an alpha build of CM 11 ROM for Galaxy Mini.
You can experience all-new features of KitKat like refurnished Google home with new launcher, new phone dialer app, screen recording, new gallery, new quick office app, and much more on your Galaxy Mini/Pop with this ROM.
How to install CM 11 ROM on Galaxy Mini and Pop S5570
Are you ready to enjoy the Android 4.4.3 KitKat features on your mobile? If yes, then head over to our easy steps guide given below.
The update to install Android 4.4.3 KitKat via Cyanogenmod 11 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Mini is considered to be of much risk. If in case your phone gets damaged or bricked by using this article then neither we nor the developers will be held responsible for that. Although the chances that your device will get damaged is least, but still I recommend you to follow all the given procedure properly and without any single mistake.
Note that this update is only for Samsung Galaxy Mini and Samsung Galaxy Pop with model number GT-S5570. Flashing this on any other device or variant might result in unwanted outcomes or even bricked devices.
- Lack of battery might interrupt the process. Hence, it is better to charge your phone to 75% before going ahead.
- Backup your contacts, messages, APN settings, call logs, etc. for safety. Remember that the last step of this process wipes all the phone data.
- Backup EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Also, install Samsung USB drivers on your windows computer.
- Root and install CWM recovery on your Galaxy Mini and Pop.
- (IMPORTANT!) You need to have the latest CWM like 220.127.116.11. If you haven’t installed it yet, then don’t worry just follow these steps given below:
- Download the latest CWM 18.104.22.168 recovery package from here.
- Copy this downloaded file on your mobile.
- Enter your into recovery mode now. Hence, switch it off first.
- Then, press and hold the home button and power button altogether.
- In recovery mode, Select Install from SD card option using volume and home button & install this latest 22.214.171.124 recovery.
After successful flashing the latest CWM 126.96.36.199, proceed further for the actual Android 4.4.3 KitKat ROM installation process.
Steps to install Android 4.4.3 CM 11 on Galaxy Mini and Pop S5570
- Download both the zip files on your phone.
- Power off your Galaxy Mini/Pop.
- You need to enter into the recovery mode now.
- For that hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Touch won’t work in this recovery. So use your device Volume keys for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- At first, take a Nandroid backup of your operating system.
- After taking the backup, return to the main menu of recovery mode and select the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option.
- Then select the ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show you all the files and folders present on your external SD card.
- Simply select the downloaded CM 11 ROM package file.
- On the next screen, press the ‘Yes’ option to begin the actual ROM flashing process.
- It will hardly take 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Be patient until the process is completed fully.
- After the successful flashing process, select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option.
- Furthermore, select the ‘wipe cache partition’ option.
- This will clear all your data and caches present in the phone memory.
- Now you need to flash the Google Apps package containing Playstore, Gmail, Gtalk separately after flashing the ROM.
- Use the same above procedure for that. Just don’t wipe data/cache after installing those GApps.
- All the flashing processes completes here. You just need to reboot your device now.
- To do so, select the ‘reboot system now’ option.
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to Android 2.3.6 XWKTN Official Gingerbread firmware.
- Update Samsung Galaxy Pop S5570 to Android 2.3.6 DXKT6 Official Gingerbread firmware.
- Install Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on Galaxy Mini GT-S5570.
Finally! You have finally installed the Cyanogenmod 11 ROM running on the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Mini and Pop S5570. You can verify the same from Menu > Settings > About Phone. Enjoy the new advanced and much stable KitKat flavored features. Do tell us your views and experience after using it.