Update Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 to Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM. Finally, you can experience the latest Android Lollipop features on your Galaxy Mini GT-S5570. This custom firmware is named as Omega ROM as it is based on Omni ROM Android 4.4.3 OS. Note that this is not exactly an Android Lollipop ROM but it is themed to look like Android L. Besides, this latest update will never be released for the aging Galaxy Mini GT-s5570.
Moreover, the only way to enjoy it is through unofficial custom ROMs. Thanks to the XDA developer naresh to develop this amazing ROM thus making many users dream come true. You may have a look at it. Additionally, this ROM is so beautifully themed and customized that it will give you a complete Lollipop experience on your Galaxy Mini GT-S5570. Interested users can proceed to our actual article on how to update Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 to Android 5.0 Lollipop themed ROM given below.
Flashing this custom ROM is a risky process and might completely damage your Galaxy Mini GT-S5570. Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your device by following this guide.
Flash this Android Lollipop ROM only on Samsung Galaxy Mini with model number GT-S5570. Do not flash this on any other device except the one mentioned as it may damage your phone permanently.
- Charge your Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 at least up to 60%.
- Backup all your phones data and settings including contacts, messages, call logs, memos etc.
- Take backup EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Root and install CWM recovery on your phone.
Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM.(ROM is discontinued)
Steps to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Galaxy Mini GT-S5570:
- Download both the zip package files in a specific folder on your PC. Do not extract them.
- Now connect your Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 to PC using USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and copy the downloaded files on your phones SD card.
- Then safely disconnect your Galaxy Mini from PC. Switch it off completely and boot into recovery mode. Then, press and hold Home button (middle button) + Power button till you enter recovery mode.
- Take a complete backup of your current ROM that you are using. This backup is called as Nandroid backup and is the backup of your phones entire operating system & is always helpful during the failure while flashing process or during any problem with the ROM, then you can easily restore your saved previous ROM.
- Navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option using volume keys. Select it using Home button. On the next screen press Yes option to start the wiping process. Similarly navigate to the ‘wipe cache partition’ option and select it to wipe the caches.
- Return to the main menu and select the Advanced option located on the recovery mode itself. On the next screen select Reboot Recovery option.
- Wait until you boot again into recovery. Let’s move to the actual Android 5.0 Lollipop themed ROM flashing process.
- Use Volume keys and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card’ option. Select it using Home button. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This will show you all the files and folders present on your external SD card. Use Volume keys and navigate to the Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM which you’ve copied earlier. Select it using Home button. On the next screen select ‘Yes’ option to start the actual Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM flashing process.
- Again wipe the data/cache partitions from the recovery.
- Similarly, flash the Google Apps package as you’ve flashed the ROM zip file. Just remember not to wipe data/cache after that.
- Finally, everything completes here. Just reboot your Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- If you want to flash the original Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 smartphone then refer out guide given below:
Finally! You have successfully installed the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop themed custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 smartphone. You can confirm this from Menu->Settings->About Phone. Note that this is a Lollipop themed ROM and not an actual Android L based ROM. If you face any kind of difficulty or have any problem while going through the process then do let me know through the comments section given below.