Install Android 4.4 KitKat Cyanogenmod 11 Custom ROM on AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 with the given step-by-step guide given below. Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 was launched in November 2011. In the US, it’s carried by AT&T Wireless and Sprint. It supports 4G LTE Speed in many LTE supported areas.
Along with that it has a dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8260 processor. Its CPU runs at 1.5 GHz, which is somewhat faster than the international variant. Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread was the first official firmware for this smartphone. But with several newly launched Android versions the users of this device were totally bored with its aging UI.
This is where the third party android developers came into focus. They made many of the android users dream come true by developing several custom ROMs based on the newly launched android versions. This time the most well known Cyanogenmod team have launched their amazing feature packed CM 11 ROM especially for Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 users.
As this device has a much compatible RAM and hardware, all the features run well without any lag. Different KitKat features included in this ROM are refurnished home screen, new dialer app, new themes, low memory management support, new gallery, keyboard, security and system improvements, new customization and battery saving tweaks.
If you want to experience the latest KitKat flavored CM 11 ROM on your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 then proceed to the actual ROM flashing process given further.
This process is much risky. Hence, implement the steps correctly without a mistake. We at Droid Thunder will not be liable for any damage whatsoever.
Note that this Cyanogenmod 11 ROM is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket having the model number SGH-i727. Installing this on any other device or variant will result into unwanted outcomes or bricked phone. So confirm that you are having the same device as mentioned above.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Backup your important phone data and settings before going further.
- Backup EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Also, install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Root Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and install CWM/TWRP recovery.
Steps to install to CM 11 ROM on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket:
- After successfully downloading both the package files given above, connect your phone to PC using USB cable, enable USB debugging mode and transfer both of them (without extracting) on your phones external SD card.
- Now disconnect the phone from PC and switch it off completely.
- Boot into recovery mode now.
- To do so, press and hold Volume up + Volume down + Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Firstly, take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- After taking the backup, return to the main menu of recovery and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option & select it. On the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show you all the files & folders present on your external SD card.
- Simply navigate to the CM 11 ROM file which you’ve copied earlier and select it.
- Select ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to start the ROM flashing process.
- Be patient until the process completes.
- Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option. This will clear all your data & caches from the phone’s memory respectively.
- In the same manner, flash the downloaded Google Apps (containing Play Store, Gmail, etc). But remember not to wipe data after flashing them.
- All the flashing processes completes here.
- Just restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- If you don’t like this ROM and want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the recovery mode by holding Volume up + Volume down key + Power Button simultaneously. Select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and on next screen select ‘Restore’ option.
Finally! The most famous and well known Cyanogenmod 11 Custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat has been successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727. To confirm the same, go to Menu→Settings→About Phone. If you come across any difficulty then feel free to comment below.