Google has gone far ahead with its Android operating system and recently they announced their latest Android 5.0 OS version called Android Lollipop. The final official update for Galaxy Grand duos was stopped at Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
After Android 4.2.2 JB OS Samsung never looked back to this phone. That’s the reason the Grand duos users need to rely on those unofficial custom ROMs to experience the new fresh versions of Android.
Till now, we have posted several custom ROMs for Grand duos i9082 and i9082L. But among all these ROMs the most famous and well-known is Cyanogenmod Custom ROM.
Besides, this ROM is designed to increase your device performance and reliability over stock Android. Moreover, with its speed, it can make your slow device much more usable.
Furthermore, if you happen to be a Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 or I9082L user & you wish to get the latest version of Android running on your device then CM 12 is the ROM that will do the job for you and get the Lollipop flavor on your device.
How to Install CM12 on Galaxy Grand Duos i9082/i908L
Are you ready to flash CM12 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos? Then let’s get started.
This Android 5.0 Lollipop CM 12 Custom ROM update given below is of much risk and a slight change can damage your device completely. Only advanced Android users who have a complete knowledge of this stuff are allowed to proceed further. If by mistake any damage happens to your Galaxy Grand duos then neither we nor the developers will be liable for that.
This Android 5.0 Lollipop CM 12 ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand duos with the model number GT-i9082/i9082L. Do not flash this on any other device or variant as it might brick the phone.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Backup your important phone data and settings before going further.
- Moreover, backup EFS folder present in your phone’s system directory.
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Root and install CWM recovery on Grand Duos.
Steps to install CM12 ROM on Galaxy Grand Duos
- Download both the files on your mobile.
- Switch off your phone and enter into recovery mode.
- For that, press and hold the ‘Home Button (middle button) + Volume Up + Power Button’ simultaneously.
- Touch will not work here in recovery. Hence, use Volume keys for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- Now make a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by the ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode.
- This will clear all your data & caches from the device memory respectively.
- Using the back button return to the main menu of recovery mode and navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option.
- Select it using the Home button. Then on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- This will show all the data present on your external SD card. Select the CM12 ROM package file.
- Press the ‘Yes’ option on the next screen to initiate the flashing process.
- Wait for few minutes to complete the flashing process.
- After the successful flashing process, again select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ options.
- Now, flash the Google Apps package file which contains Google Play Store, Gmail, etc.
- For that again navigate to the ‘install zip from SD card ‘ option & on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option.
- Select the GApps zip package and initiate the flashing process.
- All the flashing process completes here. Just restart your Grand duos by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode.
- Note that the first boot will take more time to start than usual.
- If you want to enable Dual SIM, install this Terminal Emulator app and lunch it. Then enter these following commands in it:
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
Finally! You have successfully flashed the all-new Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L). You may verify the same from Menu > Settings > About Phone. If you face any difficulty or have suggestions or queries then let me know in the comments section below.
2 thoughts on “Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CM 12 on Galaxy Grand Duos i9082/i908L”
there are many files in android lollipop cm12 rom in downloads section. which one should
i download exactly.?
Download the latest one..