Update Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 with AOSP ROM with this article. Day by day Galaxy Fit is getting new custom ROMs. This is definitely good news for the Fit users.
Even though this smartphone is now completely aged, it still has many fan followings. In this article, we’ll be discussing a detailed step-by-step procedure on how to install AOSP ROM on S5670.
Most importantly, this ROM is completely stable, has a tremendous blazing speed, a beautiful user interface, and many customization features. Furthermore, it has one of the best-looking themes and design of the UI.
It’s further eye-catchy features include navigational elements, beautiful stock apps, and smart dialing. Moreover, the Music app offered by this ROM is particularly awesome and uses less memory than the stock music player.
Besides, with its speed, it can make your slow device much more usable. Based on Android 4.0.4 Ice-cream sandwich it has all the stuff from the Android Open Source Project. It has no relation with the AOKP or CM ROMs.
How to Install AOSP ROM on Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670
All thanks go to firstly Google for providing the Open Source platform, Paul, Wilfredcool007, Molten motherboard team, and Androidarmv6. Go through the working list for this AOSP ROM.
The steps mentioned ahead are full of risk. Hence, implement them carefully without any mistake. If in case your Galaxy Fit gets damaged or bricked by following this guide then neither we nor the developers will be responsible for that.
This update is only for Samsung Galaxy Fit with the model number GT-S5670. Installing this update on any other device or variant might result in unwanted outcomes or a bricked device.
- Charge your device to at least 60%.
- Backup your contacts, apps, messages, notes, etc. for safety.
- Do NOT flash this ROM on Android 2.2 Froyo. You require Android 2.3 Gingerbread to go ahead.
- Also, backup the EFS folder present in your phone’s system directory.
- Furthermore, install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Root Galaxy Fit and install CWM recovery.
Steps to install AOSP ROM on Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670
- After completely downloading the ROM package file on the computer, connect your Galaxy Fit to the PC using a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging mode and transfer the package file (without extracting) on your phone’s external SD card.
- Remember not to place it in deep directories.
- Safely disconnect the phone from the PC now.
- Switch it off completely and enter into recovery mode.
- For the same, press & hold ‘Home Button (middle button) + Power Button’ simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Touch won’t work here in the recovery. So all you need to do is use Volume for navigation and the Home button for selection.
- Furthermore, make a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Let’s move to the actual AOSP ROM flashing process now.
- In the main menu of recovery mode, you’ll find an option named ‘install zip from SD card’.
- Select it using the Home button. On the next screen select the ‘choose zip from SD card’ option which will highlight all the files and folders located on your phone’s external SD card.
- Besides, select the AOSP ROM package which you’ve just copied earlier.
- Press the ‘Yes’ option on the next page to confirm the installation.
- You’ll see that the ROM flashing has started. Be patient until it completes.
- After a few minutes, the AOSP will get successfully flashed. You’ll again land into recovery.
- Then navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it.
- Similarly, do it for the ‘wipe cache partition’ option on the recovery mode.
- Both these options will clear the entire data & cache present of your phone’s internal memory.
- Now similarly flash the GApps zip file as you’ve installed the custom ROM.
- Just remember not to wipe data after that.
- You may restart your phone now. Just navigate to the ‘reboot system now’ option and select it.
- You’ll notice that a completely new boot has been executed.
- This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Finally! You have successfully flashed the AOSP ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 smartphone. Enjoy and experience the fabulous performance of your smartphone with the unique and bug-free features of this ROM. Don’t forget to tell your views after using them. Feel free to ask your questions in the comment box below.
9 thoughts on “Install AOSP ROM on Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670”
Hey, i need Gapps 😀
Here is the link: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
hey its working fine … thank…..s
hei, when I install the rom, come a error (Status 7)
why is this?
1) Boot into recovery (currently installed).
2) Select Mount and Storage–>format/system.
3) Flash the ROM.
my mobile rooted with janarom
can i root this
any problem can i face if rooted
But caamera not opening
“cant connect to camera” error msg displaying wen i open camera.
Simm contacts not showing.
Pls help me sir
In my jana rom also camera failed
Firstly it was working in janarom
I made some mistake in rooting then it not opening camera…after i tried 4.0.4 but nw also cam nt workng.pls help me quickly