Root & install Clockworkmod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670. Whenever you buy an Android phone, it comes with an in-built stock configuration. All the commands and functions that it provides, of course, given by the manufacturer, are limited, and we cannot overcome these limitations. However, various methods are available that help to go against these limitations and perform privileged commands on the device.
However, users are mostly concerned about the warranty that can be eliminated after attempting these methods. If you are an advanced Android user, you must have heard a word called rooting in smartphones and tablets. Rooting is a process used to make their device run on the Android Operating System to attain privileged control over their device subsystem. This privileged control is also called root access.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Fit & Flash CWM Recovery?
The main aim behind performing the rooting process is to overcome many drawbacks that a particular device has. The hardware manufacturers lead these limitations, and as and when we root a device, it sets us free to crossover them. After completing the rooting process, you can easily replace or move the in-built system applications and settings. You can run any app that requires proper administrative permission and access the entire hardware itself.
Whenever you root, an application named Superuser is automatically installed, supervising each application that requires root access. One thing users do after rooting their device is install a custom recovery. A custom recovery like Clockworkmod abbreviated CWM can be installed on rooted devices to experience the new Android versions on their device. Also, a CWM helps to back up ROMs, wipe data, and caches, increase internal memory, increase RAM, and much more.
It has a 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus, which can surely capture an image of good quality. The in-built Android OS that it had was v2.2 Froyo, but it could upgrade it officially to v2.3 Gingerbread. These are the unofficial releases for experiencing the amazing new features on your device. Similar to that, Galaxy Fit has many ROMs. So to enjoy this, Root & install Clockworkmod Recovery on your Galaxy Fit with the step-by-step article mentioned below.
Try this at your own risk. We at Droid Thunder will not be liable for any damage. Follow all the instructions properly as they are given below.
This process is only for Samsung Galaxy Fit with the model number GT-S5670. Do not perform this method on any other phone as it might cause permanent damage to your device.
- Rooting will void your device warranty.
- Back up all your data, including contacts, apps, messages, accounts, notes, etc.
- Ensure to charge your phone at least up to 60%.
- Backup EFS folder present in your phone’s system directory.
- Moreover, install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670
- After downloading the Rooting package given above, copy the same on your mobile SD card via USB cable. Remember not to place it in deep directories. Also, remember not to extract it.
- Then switch off your device completely. You now need to enter into recovery mode to install the Root package. Recovery mode can be entered by holding the Home button (Middle button) and Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- In recovery mode, you’ll notice that touch won’t work here. For navigation, you need to use the Volume Up and Volume Down keys, and for selection, use the Home button (Middle button).
- Using the Volume keys, navigate to Apply update from SD card and select it using the Home button.
- You’ll see all the data located on your SD card. Now again, use the volume keys to navigate to the Root Package (Update1.zip) that you have just copied and select it. This will start the Rooting process, and it will hardly take a few seconds to complete.
- After rooting completes, you’ll return to the main menu of Recovery mode.
- Select the Reboot System Now option to reboot your device.
- Finally! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy fit GT-S5670.
- Now it is possible to view and change the system settings. Wait, the procedure is not over yet. After rooting, you can install Recovery like Clockworkmod CWM by the method given below.
Steps to install CWM recovery on Galaxy fit GT-S5670
- Download all the above files in a specific folder on your computer.
- Now you need to boot your device in downloading mode.
- For that, firstly, switch off your device completely. Then press and hold the Home button + Volume Down key + Power button simultaneously until the Download mode appears.
- Keeping the phone in download mode, you need to connect it to the computer.
- Now open Odin Multi Downloader, which you have just downloaded on your PC.
- As soon as you open it, the ID: COM section in it will turn yellow.
- On the Odin tool, click on the OPS tab and select the ‘BENI_v1.0.ops’ file you downloaded before.
- Then tick the ‘One Package’ option.
- So click that One Package option and select the ‘beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2’ file, which you have downloaded before. Remember not to tick or un-tick any other option on the Odin tool.
- After completing everything mentioned above, press the Start button on the Odin window to initiate the process. Your phone will automatically reboot itself while going through the process.
- Wait until the process finishes. It will hardly take 5-10 minutes to complete it.
- The ID: COM section will turn blue with the message ‘Pass’ below it as soon as it completes. Now you can safely remove the USB cable.
- If the process fails, then close the Odin window. Remove the battery from the phone and re-insert it. Again go into downloading mode and perform the entire process again.
- Next, boot your device into recovery mode by holding the Home button (Middle button) and Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Now select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ followed by ‘Wipe Cache partition’.
- Then Reboot your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’.
Finally! You’ve successfully gained root access and installed Clockworkmod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670. Now you can install ROMs, take backups, wipe data, and much more. For any doubts, queries, or suggestions, kindly comment below.