Root & install Clockworkmod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670. Whenever you buy an Android phone it comes with an in-built stock configuration. All the commands and functions that it provides of course given by the manufacturer are to a limit, and we are not able to overcome these limitations. Although there are various methods available out there which helps to go against these limitations and perform privileged commands on the device.
But users are mostly concerned about the warranty that can be eliminated after attempting these methods. If you are an advanced Android user then you must have heard a word called rooting in smartphones and tablets. Rooting is a process using which users can make their device running on the Android Operating System to attain a privileged control over their device subsystem. This privileged control is also called as root access.
The main aim behind performing the rooting process is to overcome many drawbacks that a particular device has. These limitations are led by the hardware manufacturers and as and when we root a device it lets us free to crossover them. After completing the rooting process you can easily replace or move the in-built system applications and settings, you can run any app which requires proper administrative permission, can also access the entire hardware itself.
Whenever you root, an application named Superuser is automatically installed which supervises each application that requires root access. One thing users do after rooting their device is installing a custom recovery. A custom recovery like Clockworkmod abbreviated CWM can be installed on rooted devices to experience the new Android versions on their device. Also, a CWM helps to back up ROMs, wipe data, caches, to increase internal memory, increase RAM, and much more.
It had the 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus which can surely capture an image of good quality. The in-built Android OS that it had was v2.2 Froyo but it was able to upgrade it officially to v2.3 Gingerbread. These are the unofficial releases for experiencing the amazing new features on your device. Similar to that Galaxy fit to have many ROMs. So to enjoy this, Root & install Clockworkmod Recovery on your Galaxy Fit with the step by step article mentioned below.
Try this at your own risk. We at Droid Thunder will not be liable for any damage. Follow all the instructions properly as they are given below.
This process is only for Samsung Galaxy Fit with the model number GT-S5670. Do not perform this method on any other phone. It might cause permanent damage to your device.
- Rooting will void your device warranty.
- Backup all your data including contacts, apps, messages, accounts, notes, etc.
- Ensure to charge your phone at least up to 60%.
- Backup EFS folder present in your phones system directory.
- Moreover, install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670
- After downloading the Rooting package given above, copy the same on your mobile SD card via USB cable. Remember not to place it in deep directories. Also, remember not to extract it.
- Then switch off your device completely. You now need to enter into recovery mode for installing the Root package. Recovery mode can be entered by holding the Home button (Middle button) and Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- In recovery mode, you’ll notice that touch won’t work here. For navigation, you need to use Volume Up and Volume Down keys and for selection use Home button (Middle button).
- Now using the Volume keys navigate to the option named Apply update from SD card and select it using the Home button.
- You’ll see all the data located on your SD card. Now again use the volume keys to navigate to the Root Package (Update1.zip) that you have just copied and select it. This will start the Rooting process. It will hardly take a few seconds to complete.
- After rooting completes, you’ll return to the main menu of Recovery mode.
- Select the Reboot system now option to reboot your device.
- Finally! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy fit GT-S5670.
- Now it is possible to view and change the system settings. Wait the procedure is not over yet. After rooting, you can install Recovery like Clockworkmod CWM by the method given below.
Steps to install CWM recovery on Galaxy fit GT-S5670
- Download all the above files in a specific folder on your computer.
- Now you need to boot your device in downloading mode.
- For that firstly switch off your device completely. Then press and hold the Home button + Volume Down key + Power button simultaneously until the Download mode appears.
- Keeping the phone in download mode, you need to connect it to the computer.
- Now open Odin Multi Downloader which you have just downloaded on your PC.
- As soon as you open it, the ID: COM section in it will turn yellow.
- On the Odin tool, click on the OPS tab and select ‘BENI_v1.0.ops’ file which you have downloaded before.
- Then tick the ‘One Package’ option.
- So click that One Package option and select the ‘beni_cwm-5_ext4_v2’ file which you have downloaded before. Remember not to tick or un-tick any other option on the Odin tool.
- After completing everything as mentioned above, simply press the Start button located on the Odin window to initiate the process. Your phone will automatically reboot itself while going through the process.
- Wait until the process finishes. It will hardly take 5-10 minutes to complete it.
- As soon as it completes, the ID: COM section will turn blue with the message ‘Pass’ below it. Now you can safely remove the USB cable.
- If the process fails, then simply close the Odin window. Remove the battery from the phone and re-insert it. Again go into downloading mode and perform the entire process again.
- Next, boot your device into recovery mode by holding the Home button (Middle button) and Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Now select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ followed by ‘Wipe Cache partition’.
- Then Reboot your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’.
Finally! You’ve successfully gained root access and installed Clockworkmod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy fit GT-S5670. Now you can install ROMs, take backup, wipe data, and much more. For any doubts, queries or suggestions, kindly comment below.